KDE Direct has added Multi-Rotor Heli motors to their lineup

kloner

Aerial DP
same prices as t-motor, little less actually. I just picked up a set of the 3520 to try out on a cracked out disco. also will have a u5 set on another cracked out disco to directly compare em to mt3520 stats

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
same prices as t-motor, little less actually. I just picked up a set of the 3520 to try out on a cracked out disco. also will have a u5 set on another cracked out disco to directly compare em to mt3520 stats

sounds good Kloner. I've got four of the 4012 coming and one of each of the others. all will be in the product review with bench run results and flight testing of the four 4012's. I've got a variety of the Tiger MN4012's, and MT3515's (i have to look in my box o' spares to see what else is in there) for comparisons.

the folks at KDE have been very accommodating about the review being thorough and honest so we're off to a good start. :)

bart

ovdt

I hope the KDE motors will have the same or better efficiency like the Tiger U5 / U7 motors.

The prices are reasonable. At the high end, all motors are priced withing this range. Look at Avroto for instance.

Bart, do you have any info about if they are going to release some other models or not?

Bartman

I hope the KDE motors will have the same or better efficiency like the Tiger U5 / U7 motors.

The prices are reasonable. At the high end, all motors are priced withing this range. Look at Avroto for instance.

Bart, do you have any info about if they are going to release some other models or not?

I don't know what their plans are but I'd expect them to develop more options if these do well.

Just to clarify what I said in the first post, the motors are designed in the US as KDE is an American company but their manufacturing is in China. This is contrary to what the website says and they've expressed that it will be revised in the coming week or two.

The motors for our review are here and at first glance they look very nice with the usual accessories and long wires. I'll be bench testing them first and making comparisons with the similar TIger motors before mounting a set up and flying them on a quad.

Looking forward to seeing how they do!
Bart

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
We receive ads email from KDE as well, I have known them from the heli days. But can't decide if we shall carry these motor are not, the price is just up there. How many of you had motor failure that you know for a fact it was the motor not the esc or flight controller? I haven't yet confirm any of my previous crash are ever due to motor. If these motor were up to 92% efficiency (Kontronik Motor) inner runner then it can be a winner.

How's the slop/play on the motor Bart? give it a few flight and check it again. I guess I'll be waiting on your review as well. :)

kloner

Aerial DP
Bart, if you haven't got that Dynex yet, wait till you see the differences in the kde to t-motor....... crazy having a tool that measures like this, things just changed here for the better

my first impression on these is Wow, very nice in the hand. 15g wire, kinda cheap bullets but i bail those anyways. During setup i notice they misfire a lot on simonK, one doesn't spin and squeels. might be my esc. but once there in the sky, tripple WOW...... can't wait to see if it lasts

Bartman

i've got them here but just trying to get other stuff out of the way.....dynex got here a couple of days ago.....it will all be on the bench tonight probably along with a mug of coffee!

kloner

Aerial DP
my false starts was an esc compatibility issue. ZTW spider don't seem to work with these right now..... back to my comfort zone

i.php

20140208074654-1a9d2b02-la.jpg

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
my false starts was an esc compatibility issue. ZTW spider don't seem to work with these right now..... back to my comfort zone

Hi Kloner,

If you're having a hard time starting the motor, change your "timing" to High on your esc if you can, often it will fix the issue.

If I read the data correctly.... these have triple bearings!!!!! Never heard of that before......can't imagine where the 3rd bearing sits..... But if true, it is easy to understand that motor balancing should be easier and be maintained much longer....
I don't know what their plans are but I'd expect them to develop more options if these do well.

Just to clarify what I said in the first post, the motors are designed in the US as KDE is an American company but their manufacturing is in China. This is contrary to what the website says and they've expressed that it will be revised in the coming week or two.

The motors for our review are here and at first glance they look very nice with the usual accessories and long wires. I'll be bench testing them first and making comparisons with the similar TIger motors before mounting a set up and flying them on a quad.

Looking forward to seeing how they do!
Bart

kloner

Aerial DP
t-motor have tripple bearings too in 3520. U, my esc's are simonK and were having problems with a pile of people, put the maytecs on and no mo no go. These things are crazy efficient. my disco at top end could only get 16 amps going and it ran like a bat out of hell. I'm stoked on em

mangoats

Hello Everyone, I'm new to these forums but not new to RC. I have 8 of these KDE 4012 motors coming for a new Sky-Hero 850 build I plan on doing. All the parts start showing up here at the end of the week. Here are my specs. Sky-Hero Spyder 850...... DJI Naza-M V2....... DJI Zenmus........ KDE 4012-XF 400KV....... Prototype ESC's....... T-motor 14x4.8 carbon props........ Futaba 8ch receiver......... Go Pro Silver........Pulse 10000mah 6S....... After the build I plan on starting on a very nice ground station. I'm going to provide a build write up and review of all the parts. I'll post it once I get going. The motors look really nice and cannot wait to try them out. Thanks, Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

ovdt

I compared the numbers provided by KDE and Tiger motors. Ofcourse I'm assuming all the numbers provided by the companies are correct.

* KDE motors are at least %10 efficient when compared to Tiger MT3520/400KV, MN4012/400KV and MN4014/400KV.

Some mini notes:
* KDE 4014XF is %40 more efficient than Tiger U7/420KV on 6S + 18x6.1 props at %50 throttle.
* KDE 4014XF is %46 more efficient than Tiger U7/420KV on 6S + 18x6.1 props at %100 throttle.

* KDE 4014XF is %14 more efficient than Tiger U5/400KV on 6S + 16x5.4 props at %50 throttle.
* KDE 4014XF is %24 more efficient than Tiger U5/400KV on 6S + 16x5.4 props at %100 throttle.

*KDE 3520XF is %43 more efficient than Tiger U7/420KV on 6S + 18x6.1 props at %50 throttle.
*KDE 3520XF is %31 more efficient than Tiger U7/420KV on 6S + 18x6.1 props at %100 throttle.

* KDE 3520XF is %14 more efficient than Tiger U5/400KV on 6S + 16x5.4 props at %50 throttle.
* KDE 3520XF is %13 more efficient than Tiger U5/400KV on 6S + 16x5.4 props at %100 throttle.

On higher throttle levels, KDE 4014XF seems more efficient than the KDE 3520XF. For instance:

At %100 throttle with 6S and 18x6.1 props, 4014XF is %12 more efficient than 3520XF. They generate almost identical thrust at the same throttle level but, amperage is lower on 4014XF.

jfro

Aerial Fun
For the 3520.
From their specs, on 15x5 props, they are showing 100% throttle at 18.1 amps draw.
.... 16x5.4 props, they are showing 100% throttle at 22.2 amps draw.
.... 18x6.1 props, they are showing 100% throttle at 30.2 amps draw.

16" would be the maximum prop size I'd use for a quad, so I'm looking at the 22.2 amps wondering if I could SAFELY & RELIABLY use some 40amp ESC's I have laying? around.

I'm 1 year into the sport and know nothing about KDE. Are you guys thinking theese may be up to par with the Tiger u5 or u7 or the Avroto 3515 or 3520?