First time setting up the Zenmuse GH3 Gimbal

Matto822

It was a bit late so I had to stop building tonight but I got the gimbal mounted and powered up with camera mounted as well. The gimbal turns on and I see the response from the sticks on the assistance software but nothing to the gimbal. I also noticed it has the blinking red lights below as well. Does the camera have to be completely setup before it will respond? Or does the light have to go green? Why can i see all the buttons moving on the software but nothing happens any ideas? Thanks

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I am thinking that you have yet to plug the Zen into your WKM/A2 by the looks of things. This is required to make it work.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
And the receiver connections to the Zenmuse are connected?

The red light underneath is just the HDMI converter. It doesn't need to be green to operate the zenmuse, just if you want to transmit the video.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Three things are the issue here, either the Zen isn't talking to the WKM properly (I presume you have this powered up at the same time as the Zen) or it looks like there could be an issue with your Zen's controller. Either that or you have it in reset mode. If it is anything else then I am stumped.

Matto822

O do I need to program the remote to switch it out of reset mode to move it because in the software it is defaulted to reset I believe

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Ah, now it's clear, Carapau hit the nail on the head. Yes, you need to setup a switch to change the mode of the zenmuse. Plug a spare receiver channel into the mode port of the zenmuse and hook up the zenmuse assistant program. Then program that switch to change the modes. There's 3 modes. Free, where you can change the direction of the zen with a transmitter, FPV or reset mode where the zen will just look forward in the direction of the aircraft, and course lock where it will stay pointing in one direction no matter where the aircraft is pointing, very handy for steady shots.

Cool?