KDE Direct has added Multi-Rotor Heli motors to their lineup

kloner

Aerial DP
I recently had started with ztw spider simonK and whatever was going on there had a starting issue with the kde 3520. was weird but went away with maytec simonK....

sk8brd

kloner- people were having some issues with maytech simon k's on some tiger pancake's i guess they had to calibrate them by using -110 throttle i believe.. wonder if that could of been an issue here-just speculating----just read your other post with you talking about it. it sketches me out a little with motor's cutting out. i'm a little hesitant with the simonk firmware probably test out the plush's hope for the best..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
just got a set of the 4014-380 to check out on a disco and the first thing that i noticed is how many poles shes got. just so i asked, simonK esc's work fine on these, right? they sure are sexy. Dam, perfect timing too with the t-motor fiasco going on right now.

I'd like to see anybody trying the 3520 6s with the 17-18" props show whats going on, sounds like, data.

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.
just got a set of the 4014-380 to check out on a disco and the first thing that i noticed is how many poles shes got. just so i asked, simonK esc's work fine on these, right? they sure are sexy. Dam, perfect timing too with the t-motor fiasco going on right now.

I'd like to see anybody trying the 3520 6s with the 17-18" props show whats going on, sounds like, data.

Hey Kloner,

Our original testing was running the motors on the Maytech Eagle-Multi Series controllers with the SimonK 400Hz firmware and no problems in our testing. We are moving closer to production on the KDE Direct XF series controllers, with optimized control algorithms for the KDE Direct XF motors (495Hz refresh, auto-timing algorithm, 16 kHz PWM, etc.), so hope to have these available for you soon as well.

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.
Hey Guys,

We are soon releasing the KDE Direct XF Dual-Propeller and Triple-Propeller Adapters for the Multi-Rotor Series, that utilize the current DJI split-props (both carbon and newer plastic-composite versions). The goal of the project was to provide the ability for higher-lift capacity, in setups that are limited in propeller size. Such as the DJI S1000, the propeller size is limited to 15" to 16" maximum, and by upgrading to the Triple-Propeller Adapters we offer, this capacity is increased 22%-16% (depending on the throttle range and propeller type), with only a cost in efficiency of 2%-7%. That's an amazing gain in performance, and has distinct advantages for multi-rotors that have already been proven in other industry's, such as full-size helicopters and airplane propellers.

We'll be announcing these in the next week or so for public release, and pricing and availability will be provided as well. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• KDE Direct XF M-R Propeller Adapter Performance Testing.jpg
    KDE Direct XF M-R Propeller Adapter Performance Testing.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 370

jfro

Aerial Fun
KDE... Which of your motors would you suggest for a quad with AUW in the 4 to 4.8 kg range. for slow flying and filming. I've currently tested with 3515 400kv motors and 13", 14", and 15" props and 6s batteries and am happy both with the 8.5 kg and the 10kg range, getting very good flight times. Not so sure on the vibrations yet.

I'm thinking of trying 4 of your new motors and would like your recommendation on which motor would be the better fit for a quad in the 4kg to 4.8kg AUW (and possibly more) range with flight time and smoothness (few vibrations) of flight being of primary importance using 6s lipos.

Note.... edited this cause I originally put in lbs for kg....

SamaraMedia

Hey Kloner,

Our original testing was running the motors on the Maytech Eagle-Multi Series controllers with the SimonK 400Hz firmware and no problems in our testing. We are moving closer to production on the KDE Direct XF series controllers, with optimized control algorithms for the KDE Direct XF motors (495Hz refresh, auto-timing algorithm, 16 kHz PWM, etc.), so hope to have these available for you soon as well.

KDE, what amp esc's? 30? 40?

kloner

Aerial DP
those look killer, how are they to balance?

Hey Guys,

We are soon releasing the KDE Direct XF Dual-Propeller and Triple-Propeller Adapters for the Multi-Rotor Series, that utilize the current DJI split-props (both carbon and newer plastic-composite versions). The goal of the project was to provide the ability for higher-lift capacity, in setups that are limited in propeller size. Such as the DJI S1000, the propeller size is limited to 15" to 16" maximum, and by upgrading to the Triple-Propeller Adapters we offer, this capacity is increased 22%-16% (depending on the throttle range and propeller type), with only a cost in efficiency of 2%-7%. That's an amazing gain in performance, and has distinct advantages for multi-rotors that have already been proven in other industry's, such as full-size helicopters and airplane propellers.

We'll be announcing these in the next week or so for public release, and pricing and availability will be provided as well. Thanks everyone!

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.
KDE... Which of your motors would you suggest for a quad with AUW in the 4 to 4.8 kg range. for slow flying and filming. I've currently tested with 3515 400kv motors and 13", 14", and 15" props and 6s batteries and am happy both with the 8.5 kg and the 10kg range, getting very good flight times. Not so sure on the vibrations yet.

I'm thinking of trying 4 of your new motors and would like your recommendation on which motor would be the better fit for a quad in the 4kg to 4.8kg AUW (and possibly more) range with flight time and smoothness (few vibrations) of flight being of primary importance using 6s lipos.

Note.... edited this cause I originally put in lbs for kg....

The KDE3520XF-400 would be the optimal motors for this, both for smoothness (near-zero cogging torques) and or flight-time when used with 13"-15" props. If you want a low-profile, pancake style motor, then the other best option would be the KDE4012XF-400s.

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.
KDE, what amp esc's? 30? 40?

35A+ and 55A+ editions will be first, and these are tested continuous ratings, with burst-capabilities of 55A and 85A respectively.

We continued researching new developments, and were able to achieve true 600Hz refresh rates on the controllers, so the final production units will be 600Hz capable. :)

SamaraMedia

35A+ and 55A+ editions will be first, and these are tested continuous ratings, with burst-capabilities of 55A and 85A respectively.

We continued researching new developments, and were able to achieve true 600Hz refresh rates on the controllers, so the final production units will be 600Hz capable. :)

Thanks KDE,

At this point I have some ZTW 45a Simonk esc' - http://ztwoem.en.ec21.com/offer_detail/Sell_45A_ESC_For_Multi--20544332.html?gubun=S, that I am going to use on a hexa or Y6 configuration with the goal of flying a mirrorless camera (Sony NEX or similar) on a GotHeli gimbal. Right now the hexa weighs in at 2240 with landing gear and SunnySky 2814-700kv motors which I'm planning on swapping out for a larger motor that can run 6s. I'm gonna guess the all up weight will be around 4k-5k when finished and wondered what motor/prop you would recommend here. Also, will the ZTW's work with these? I can't seem to find what refresh rate these have...

View attachment 16748

Thanks again.

John

Attachments

• ZTW 45.jpg
    ZTW 45.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 316

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.
Just released the new video showcasing the KDE Direct XF Multi-Rotor Brushless Motor series and the upcoming Triple-Propeller Adapters and XF ESCs. The technology and performance is outstanding, and we're committed to bringing the best-quality products to the market.

KDE Direct

KDE Direct, LLC.
Thanks KDE,

At this point I have some ZTW 45a Simonk esc' - http://ztwoem.en.ec21.com/offer_detail/Sell_45A_ESC_For_Multi--20544332.html?gubun=S, that I am going to use on a hexa or Y6 configuration with the goal of flying a mirrorless camera (Sony NEX or similar) on a GotHeli gimbal. Right now the hexa weighs in at 2240 with landing gear and SunnySky 2814-700kv motors which I'm planning on swapping out for a larger motor that can run 6s. I'm gonna guess the all up weight will be around 4k-5k when finished and wondered what motor/prop you would recommend here. Also, will the ZTW's work with these? I can't seem to find what refresh rate these have...

View attachment 20761

Thanks again.

John

Hey John,

The lightest motor we have at the moment is the KDE4012XF-400, which will be much more powerful and efficient than the 2814s you are currently running. In terms of the ZTW, I don't have any personal experience with this series, but my understanding is they are the same manufacturer as Maytech (?) and we've ran the motor with their SimonK editions with good success. The versions we were testing originally were the SimonK 400Hz editions, and they worked well in combination with the KDE Direct XF series motors.

Hope this helps,
Patrick

fpvroo

Hi,

I just received the
KDE DIRECT 4014XF 380Kv

and they are beautiful motors. The bearings are great and the attention to detail is great. I don't have efficiency numbers yet but I hope they keep up with the promise

It's a coax octocopter with 16-17inch tiger props

I got a Problem I want to run them on 6S and 8S. While bench testing even on 6S they sometimes loose sync in conjunction with
Maytech HV 5-12S 50A ESC OPTO simon k under load (rapid throttle changes). The 4014 works great with the Multistar 45A OPTO flashed simon K (only 6S though).

The Tiger U7 on the other hand looses sync with several ESC's and is unnessary heavy, this why I went for the KDE's

Is there a HV ESC which is actually working good with the kde motors ( I think this one is 24pole) ?
The tiger HV esc got recalled as well so it's quite hard to get good ESC's...

I wrote and email to altitude hobbies (retailer of Maytech) and KDE but haven't heard back yet..

Vortex

Hi Partick, great to see you on here and welcome.

Do you currently have a motor which will fit a TBS Discovery?? I have one with cheap motors and am looking for a nice alternative as this little MR flys soooo nicely!! Since getting the set of 4014 motors for the big ship I'm a believer!!!

Thanks,

Lance

ovdt

Hi,

I just received the
KDE DIRECT 4014XF 380Kv

and they are beautiful motors. The bearings are great and the attention to detail is great. I don't have efficiency numbers yet but I hope they keep up with the promise

It's a coax octocopter with 16-17inch tiger props

I got a Problem I want to run them on 6S and 8S. While bench testing even on 6S they sometimes loose sync in conjunction with
Maytech HV 5-12S 50A ESC OPTO simon k under load (rapid throttle changes). The 4014 works great with the Multistar 45A OPTO flashed simon K (only 6S though).

The Tiger U7 on the other hand looses sync with several ESC's and is unnessary heavy, this why I went for the KDE's

Is there a HV ESC which is actually working good with the kde motors ( I think this one is 24pole) ?
The tiger HV esc got recalled as well so it's quite hard to get good ESC's...

I wrote and email to altitude hobbies (retailer of Maytech) and KDE but haven't heard back yet..

SimonK firmware is known to have sync problems with high pole motors.

If you're seaching for a reliable a ESC for these motors, I would recommend Herkules III or Castle Creations. Both are optimized for MR usage.