GoPro 3 Videos

meme

Are there movies on the SD Card?
Mine stops recording at about -20 degrees Celsius. Sometimes she freezes, but after removing the battery she works well again.
Try to connect her to a Phone Charger (Samsung works best) Any Lights?

ghaynes

Meme at least for mine it was multiple errors. For locking the only way to fix is apparently to remove the battery. Once in awhile ok, but every other start/stop there is a fundamental problem. More than likely it is software but hard to tie up $400 in something that only sometimes works. And as an electronic device the only thing the cold should do is drop recording time due to cold soaking the battery.

Tahoe Ed

It appears that I got a bad lipo. I purchased mine at Best Buy and they exchanged both units with out question. I did the swap at a BB over 400 miles from where I bought it. I am charging now and getting ready to update the software.

kloner

Aerial DP
got mine all charged up ready to try out.... is the higher the res the harder to get rid of jello? is there a wall mode wise a multi rotor just won't film in?

Tahoe Ed

I shot some jello free video from a DJI Phantom at 1440 and 48fps. I did not like the 4x3 aspect ratio though.

kloner

Aerial DP
i wanna try 2.7 on a hex without a gimble to post stab it down to 1080........crop, post stab, destroy

nicwilke

What settings were you using in the camera. I looks like narrow view.

I had it on 1080p, 60fps, mid. Only caught the 2 front booms once all day really aggressively going forwards from a stand still. The camera is not too bad. View attachment 8642

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357272384201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357272384201.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 274

Chadfish

1080p60 is a good place. The fast frame-rate reduces jello and allows you to go to slow motion for the creamy smooth parts. Also the wide setting is probably better than medium.

Chadfish

You said you wanted less jello. Wide would show less. I prefer medium myself, but wide is bettter for jello. I use Magic Bullet Looks though which has a fisheye remover tool. There are others you can get that only do fisheye.

nicwilke

You said you wanted less jello. Wide would show less. I prefer medium myself, but wide is bettter for jello. I use Magic Bullet Looks though which has a fisheye remover tool. There are others you can get that only do fisheye.

Where about some is that in majic bullet looks? I can't find it. I have newest update so I'll look at the older one. Can't find it

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
isn't wide alot more fisheye?

I was told by a line editor that the various setting wide/med/narrow on GP's is only achieved by the camera masking the recorded image so its always best to shoot wide and then crop to suit if required..

I am sure Denny will help out here..

Dave

nicwilke

OK, found it. I've got some hero3 footage that I'll throw together a quick comparison. Just doing a little test, its good... very good.

nicwilke

Wow, talk about a ram guzzler. My Mac has 16GB ram and doing this is about as processor and memory hogging as image stabilisation. I have used Magic Bullet Looks as a plugin in Final Cut Pro X and FCP7 for over 2 years now, and never used this.... Till now.

Here's a demo fellas, to demonstrate what it can do. It's only a demo, I'm sure with more time and adjusting I could get it better. But its quite smart as the paralex adjusting is exponential (well, it appears it is)

Forgive the error of titling. It's corrected - uncorrected - corrected - so on swapping. Titles did not update.

Last edited by a moderator: