GoPro 3 Videos

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thought I would start a place for those of us lucky enough to have the new GoPro3 to show off the video.

So Please only GoPro3 Footage and please sate which model, White, Sliver or Black.

Heres my first flight on the F450

And I took the liberty of posting this one two by Meme

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider, I got the Hero 3 Black. They just released a firmware update to let it use the remote preview and camera controls from the iPad. I tried using it, but it's got a 3-5 second delay.

This is useful if I just want to make sure I'm framing something that's not moving, but isn't good for following something or FPV, of course. Have you tried the feature, or do you use a real-time video downlink?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yeh no good for FPV delay is WAYYYYYY to much especially if you are flying round the local park!

BUT the feature is pretty handy for a small picture grabbing MR like my ever present F330 Naza, with the app at least u get an idea of what you are getting

Dave

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ok, this is obviously the right home to ask this.....Whats the deal with the black's video out for FPV? I was told it needs to use the usb now and that it is not just a matter of cutting the cord and finding the yellow(or video out) and pluggin her into the vtx. They cant have possibly made it too complicated knowing so many use it for this.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
MMM well they did and it aint just a canon like 10pinout either its got some resistor in there that flips it into sending AV out or thats what I have been told by the ever perfectionist Quattro. He is making his own AV out leads from this

http://rcexplorer.se/diy/2012/11/diy-gopro3-video-out-cable/

BUT dont bother as RCshutter has made them for us! see the banner or go here

http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

I am waiting for the postie to drop mine in the letter box and as soon as he does Ill post my thoughts

Dave

PS Quattro is trying to beat me to a first FPV flight with the GP3 as he has already made his from bits he got from the states. Bugger hope postie get the RCS ones to me before Quattro transforms his F450 in to a TBSD!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, at least this confirms that there is a challenge involved. I'll let you guys work it out for me :)

I am very close to finishing my GP black based Fold-N-Fly mini. I am so cramped on real estate on this thing that it is looking like a video out will be ideal.

thanks for the quick response.

BTW, videos rule! the snow shots are really smooth for a GP.

meme

Hi Guys, first flights with the Pol Filter, results are much better:

cheers, meme

jcmonty

Hi Guys, first flights with the Pol Filter, results are much better:

cheers, meme

Wow, meme that was excellent! Was that with the Disco? If so, do you mind sharing your setup - props, motors, isolation technique, etc? A picture would be good too

Do you think that the polarized filter is helping with the jello artifacts? I know that in darker situations, the GP is less susceptible to jello. I am still chasing some jello with my setup - Disco with GP3 blk

SMP

Fantastic Meme! Was that the 1080/60? Colors and clarity make it hard to believe its a gopro even with all the white. GP finally got it right looks like. Well done!!

meme

Wow, meme that was excellent! Was that with the Disco? If so, do you mind sharing your setup - props, motors, isolation technique, etc? A picture would be good too

Do you think that the polarized filter is helping with the jello artifacts? I know that in darker situations, the GP is less susceptible to jello. I am still chasing some jello with my setup - Disco with GP3 blk
Yes, it`s the Disco with kloner´s gains: 150 150 130 150 130 130
Well maintened MT 2216-11 with also well maintened 9" Graups. I use the green Mat for isolation and yes, the Filter kills a lot of jello in strong light conditions

meme

Fantastic Meme! Was that the 1080/60? Colors and clarity make it hard to believe its a gopro even with all the white. GP finally got it right looks like. Well done!!
I'm european, so 1080/50, right, Medium and Protune

jcmonty

Yes, it`s the Disco with kloner´s gains: 150 150 130 150 130 130
Well maintened MT 2216-11 with also well maintened 9" Graups. I use the green Mat for isolation and yes, the Filter kills a lot of jello in strong light conditions

Thanks for the info. It's interesting that the filter seemed to kill the last bit of jello that I saw in your previous videos (not a knock on them - all were fantastic). I will have to try one.

Are you using any post stabilization or processing? You are very smooth :)

Tomstoy2

Never needed one, so understand I have no personal experience, but I do know SD makes a line called Extreme Pro. Guess I would start researching there.