GH3 announced .... at a price ????

vispaaja

Does anyone know if the GH3 outputs analog video or if it's possible to use an HDMI converter (to get signal for the downlink). If I understood correctly, GH2 doesn't have it and the HDMI signal shuts off during recording?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Funny I was just wondering the same thing. It's unlikely as most cameras are all heading toward HDMI. But that would be yet another perk.

vispaaja

HDMI would be fine since there are converters available.. But if the signal is turned off while recording, then it's kinda useless.. I don't want to use a separate cam as a viewfinder.

yeehaanow

THe GH2 outputs HDMI during recording, but only in 1080p modes. Since the GH3 does 60P at 1080, and outputs a clean signal for external recording, I'm going to say it will output through the HDMI in all modes now. YAY. (This is a guess, not an actual fact)

Kari

THe GH2 outputs HDMI during recording, but only in 1080p modes. Since the GH3 does 60P at 1080, and outputs a clean signal for external recording, I'm going to say it will output through the HDMI in all modes now. YAY. (This is a guess, not an actual fact)

+ we'll see how remote app works for framing. If it works without too annoying delay it might be killer system with some modified wifi router.

anaka

The Wi-Fi® lets you use a smartphone* to make settings and press the shutter button remotely, a short distance from the camera. The auto transfer function is handy for automatically backing up photos onto a tablet. This lets you monitor them on the tablet without having to upload them to a PC. You can also start timer interval video recordings from a smartphone. And you can use GPS data to simultaneously record the shooting location onto your images.
• The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

AWESOME!!!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Also noteworthy the camera can simultaneously hdmi out while it records to its internal SD card. Nice!

Anyone know if the analog out is still there? I would love to ditch the hdmi converter if possible.

Certainly worth waiting a few months for.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Is it really so much bigger ?

133 x 93 x 82 mm (5.24 x 3.66 x 3.23") gh3

124 x 90 x 76 mm (4.88 x 3.53 x 2.98") gh2

but there are different numbers in the net for the size of the GH3.

Boris

anaka

Is it really so much bigger ?

133 x 93 x 82 mm (5.24 x 3.66 x 3.23") gh3

124 x 90 x 76 mm (4.88 x 3.53 x 2.98") gh2

but there are different numbers in the net for the size of the GH3.

Boris

I just measured the space in my custom AV130 and it looks like that GH3 will fit without problems

i have 15cm wide x 14cm height

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Check how much sideways space you will need for cable connectors. It usually the stonking great plugs that prevent many cameras from fitting into camera mounts.

Macsgrafs

I have ben watching videos about the GH3 all afternoon, as much as it has uncompressed output on the HDMI socket....I dont think its full HD size!

Ross

yeehaanow

He's got no actual info, it's just guesses.
I'm sure it will be full HD resolution. The stream it comes in is a separate issue.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Jeeze, that guy could have summed that up in a 3 minute chat. Dont pre-order, clean hdmi maybe not 59.94, 80Mb/s is really 40Mb/s. I didnt hear him say anything about not outputting in full HD though, only the fps variation. Still looks promising. I wonder how long it will take for it to get hacked? we will see. But good advice, sit back and let Quadrocopter test this stuff out for us.