GH3 announced .... at a price ????

Vojec

Great comparison Benjamin. On 30 and 38 sec GH3 looks much better, more organic, natural look. Shoots with GH2 are so green (house and roots) in my opinion, maybe because of hack that you use, not an expert. Thanks...

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Does the car's shadow flicker/bounce due to post stabilization? Beautiful movements ben. You guys are definitely smooth.

animau

so...what happen to borris and is gh3 zenmuse setup?? i want to know because i have to choose between the gh2 or gh3 and i want to know if it hard to put the gh3 in zenmuse...
tks

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
guys i have the adapters for the GH3 onto the zenmuse on shapeways, if one of you wants to test them. Write me a PM i will send you a link to them !

Boris

animau

guys i have the adapters for the GH3 onto the zenmuse on shapeways, if one of you wants to test them. Write me a PM i will send you a link to them !

Boris

Can you post some pics of your setup with the adapter...i'm interesting of what it look and if it work well with the zen. At the end of marsh i'm byiung my zenmuse gh2 but i'm really not sure if i take the gh2 or the gh3...i really need to know if it work well with the gh3 on zen...
tks!

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

That's an explanation of how it works. I can't test it to its fullest extended since I just don't have the time at the moment ! But it would be sad to let it rot in the draw.

If one of you wants to test it I can send a privat link from shapeways to order the parts. Think production costs are 20 euros.

Please don't base your decision to buy a gh3 for the z15 on this. This is just a test and a option chance for those that already have a gh3 and want to find a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

animau

http://vimeo.com/57215073

That's an explanation of how it works. I can't test it to its fullest extended since I just don't have the time at the moment ! But it would be sad to let it rot in the draw.

If one of you wants to test it I can send a privat link from shapeways to order the parts. Think production costs are 20 euros.

Please don't base your decision to buy a gh3 for the z15 on this. This is just a test and a option chance for those that already have a gh3 and want to find a solution.

tks boriss for the advice...yeah maybe you right, i will take the gh2 and some day, maybe dji will made a upgrade or a new gh3 zen or maybe better for dslr...gh2 with hack it not bad at all i think..

tks again!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Question for you guys that own the gh3. I am indecisive between the BMCC and the Gh3. We have a 5d, 7d, nex5n, fs700, and cx760. So to purchase another camera for use in the heli is not my priority. what I really want is to NOT have H.264 for the purpose of a clean key and better track. But in reality, as nice as the images are, there are some down sides to this camera as there always are. It's possible that the Gh3 rids of enough macro blocking to make keying and tracking less of a nightmare. Can someone confidently tell me the difference between a Canon H.264 and the All-I .MOV are noticeably less compressed? the problem is that vimeo/youtube would never be able to show the real footage and I cant seem to find an ungraded downloadable shot to test. Ideally the test would be the same thing to be fair. Again, the biggest enemy of keying and tracking is macro blocking/compression, motion blur and rolling shutter. this stuff doesnt really show much if you just edit your shots and upload them but try running a key and keep hair detail or shadow without bleeding into the subject. Or camera tracking a shot with all that garbage in the compression...it's a nightmare! I plan on doing more of this stuff and $3k for a new camera would be fine if it helped.

thanks in advance

Yuri

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
5D, 7D, nex5n, fs700, cx760, GH2, GH3 ..... its all really the same old, same old with different packaging and a different set of compromises.

I want to know more about THIS.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I saw kopter worx attached one to their fpv rig. Pretty nice specs. Global shutter would be awesome! How much do one of those go for?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
considering it has global shutter and is that small, it would be worth it to some. The F55/65 is the only other camera that has that.

yeehaanow

Wrong thread for the indicam, but there is a 1080P version also that might be cheaper. Let's hope. 170 grams for the body!