GH3 announced .... at a price ????

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Some of his (Drew Network) videos are very amusing, just because of his style of presentation. Although he can be a bit of a windbag and keeps repeating himself.

The GH3 has had a very lukewarm reception from the hack community and most reviews I have seen are not exactly hell-for-leather excited. Personally, I don't like the size/weight increase but the inclusion of H264 is sensible so that the 50/60p facility is not hampered by AVCHD protocol frame rate restrictions. There is no indication as yet from any of these reviews whether the a/v out will be active during record. It isn't on the GH2, it is only active for playback - an unimaginably pointless arrangement. I don't like the talk about potential sensitivity to aliasing and moire with the GH3 - something that the GH2 handles very well - and I don't like the suggestions that the video might lose the crispness of the GH2.

I have a sneaking suspicion that a second GH2 body might be a good investment.

Anyway, as Iris says, let Jeff Scholl and Co. test the GH3 first. They are bound to have a whole box of them before anybody else. (Haven't heard a peep from Jeff ever since Droider's outburst !)

Macsgrafs

What gets me is the following thoughts:-

Panasonic produce some seriously good professional video cams that cost serious bucks! The guys that have spent serious bucks are NOT ahhpy that a hacked GH2 can produce better results in some cases & they would have given panasonic some greif over this fact. Panasonic is in business to make money, so what are the chances of this scenario happening again? If the GH3 can be hacked???? The big boys who have spent big bucks will all drop panasonic like a ton of sh1t, that's for sure. So the question on everyones mind is "Can it be hacked". I wouldnt like to say, but panasonic could well be producing a camera that cant be hacked so easily if at all & many will buy it expecting it to be hacked....they might just be dissapointed ;)

I have seen the GH2 here in the UK for £499...thats half the price of the panasonic X900M!!!! It might well be on my shopping list, but I do like the sony 730/760 zoom function...this makes it a hard choice to some degree...but the lack of full auto on the sony makes me very cautious...to much bright sky & it might shut down to much!

Did I miss Dave & Jeff having a dig :( gutted ;)

Ross

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
You'd still need the av or hdmi out to downlink your video right? Or does the wifi do that too? Well this thread sure turned into a buzz kill. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

anaka

the wifi description is not so clear so let's see when the gh3 will be on the market
I know that it is possible to transmit video with wifi also in HD quality so that could be a killer funcion for GH3

anaka

here is a little example of video wifi transmission....i assume that GH3 will do better, BTW this could be reasonable as well if let's save space, harware cables and so on...

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Honestly, with the price having come down so low on these, it would be better for me just to keep it. I bought it for $800 its now less than $500 certain places, doesnt make sense to give it up for $400. Plus the Gh3 isnt out yet anyways to replace it with. If you really want one i would just get online and get it for $500.

anaka

interesting hands on

i'm only wandering how to extend the wifi range of an android tablet

Last edited by a moderator:

anaka

i'm pretty sure it will exist for iOS as well
the only problem will be to extend the wifi range