DJI Phantom Video

flitelab

Supposedly a new assitant for the Phantom will be out in a few days. Hover if it is anything like NAZA you cannot change the maximum angle or rate of climb.

meme

Hi Guys, just wondering what happens when you crash your Phantoms, is it possible to repair it?

cheers,
meme

Hi Guys, just wondering what happens when you crash your Phantoms, is it possible to repair it?

cheers,
meme

I believe you can get most parts quadcopters have them listed on there for not bad cost so I'm they will be available from all dji suppliers/ approved dealers.
Sent by my fingers

flitelab

They should make Bind and Fly version!

Receiver Ready/ARF version would be a better step I think. Seems to be a lot of people already in the hobby interested in this platform. Bind and Fly would mean partnering with some radio company on a specific protocol. I think for now DJI wanted something as close to plug and play flyable out of the box as possible, which really means preconfiguring and locking down most of the components.

In my opinion, The Phantom is going to get a lot of new flyers hooked on DJI components and they will soon move up to their larger scale Quads. Flying for over 40 years, I have never seen such a stable device but then again I have had to learn to fly Heli's without so much as a gyro. I doubt few have purchased this that already own a 450 or larger but what are the flying characteristics like if anyone has? It flies great in wind where I have to be very careful with a Heli and I have tried to put it on it's side and it comes right out of the hardest stick reversals.

They should make Bind and Fly version!

For those that already have 6-9 channel transcievers I am assuming their already into bigger quads and a look inside to see how quick I could put it into mode 1 shows little cost involved but a great move if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, Fail safe return to home works flawlessly... I really didn't want to find out this way though.

Dudez

Well, Fail safe return to home works flawlessly... I really didn't want to find out this way though.

Can't you regain control when in Fail Safe mode by turning TX off/on and FM switch to ATT/manual mode? like in Naza and Wookong?

I have not read that anywhere and since it was heading right where it was suppose to I wasn't trying anything I didn't know the outcome to. I centered the throttle in case I was able to regain control but that never happened. The 15 second pause at 20 meters seems lie a great time to try to get re-control. Information for this is still weak.

Dudez

I think you need to turn your tx off and on and switch the flight mode switch to ATT or Manula mode to regain control once its in Fail safe mode.

Thats how it work in my Naza and Wookong anyway.

I'll try that at the flying field where I will have visual of it better. I was just screwing around in our neighborhood and there were too many places for it to disappear to.