DJI Phantom Video

vislaw

View attachment 8971I posted this on RCGroups but in case some of you aren't following the Phantom thread there I thought you might be interested to see how nicely the Phantom fits in the Pelican 1550 without having to take off the props.

Attachments

• FPVcorrected.jpg
    FPVcorrected.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 368

vislaw

21 minute flight with 5000mah battery

Total weight with FPV cam and transmitters was 1055g (55g OVER stated limit). I flew until 3.5 volt warning (lower than I would ordinarily go) but got 21.5 minutes flight time.
View attachment 8984

Attachments

• FPV_5000_mah_test.jpg
    FPV_5000_mah_test.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 352

A couple of my first flights with the Phantom. The first video is the closest I've come to crashing (and chopping my head off) so far. Still working to reduce vibrations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN5xzIFnnCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVKcF3QpwUI

If you both would not have dodged you could have just said you are that good at threading the Phantom between 2 people :nevreness:
If it wasn't for my wife seeing me fly before I am sure she would have dodged some of these.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJIguy

If anyone is still having problems with jello in their footage, check out this video I put together with some tips and tricks.

vislaw

Hero3 Black mounted on rubber Zenmuse dampers (you can get a pack of them for $3 at Aerial Media Pros). The dampers definitely are an improvement but I'm going to try to put some time into attacking the jello per the nice suggestions above.

Oldwhitewolf

Just got mine today...thot i'd give it a try to see if 'all is as they say' in the ad's....welp...almost...seems i musta f'd up my tx as well as tahoe ed above...i didn't even take it all apart...wanted to try it justlike his youtube vid's part 1 thru 5 ...i followed each and everything he said (cept for hooking up the IOC which i somehow lost the cable and cudn't find another one, so that will have to wait...but i can't even get the Tx to communicate with the dang thing...s___
sew.......i'll be interested in seeing whatelse others have to say...my experience hasen't been a good one so far...even had my gopro 2 hooked up and ready to take a 'first movie' during flight...which never happened...i'm wanting to go back to my quad and hexa just to feel 'needed' again... :D so...guys...lemme know if anyone who's got one of these things is having any troubles like mine and solutions if any would be greatly appreciated...tks