Tau Labs CC3D release!

Yeah, its all exactly the same so its an easy swap. The GCS has been updated and looks good.

Auto tune is indeed a very very cool feature and frankly one of the coolest things I've seen come out in a bit. It's more important to me than RTH or position hold for what I do (FPV flying). I haven't been able to get it to work well for me on my QAV since I think it doesn't currently play well with non-symmetrical setups.

here's my test from a while back...THIS IS VERY EARLY ON...IT MIGHT DO A LOT BETTER NOT. My point is that it is a very cool feature and it works well, but not all the time yet. So be careful :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Just had a look at my order status on the Aus site(world).... Me cc3d is back ordered. Kinda let down , I figured the in stock add to cart button meant it was in stock. An y ideas on order filling time?

Jes... I have to say these look intriguing, I was wondering how far out the next build is? I would like to try one is it possible to pre-order?

jes1111

Jes... I have to say these look intriguing, I was wondering how far out the next build is? I would like to try one is it possible to pre-order?
Don't know about another production run, I'm afraid - as Kloner says, China will start making them soon enough ;) - your best bet is eBay: an original CC or a new CC3D - they'll fly more or less the same.

jes1111

Just had a look at my order status on the Aus site(world).... Me cc3d is back ordered. Kinda let down , I figured the in stock add to cart button meant it was in stock. An y ideas on order filling time?

You got a confirmed order number, right? Shipments will go out asap - please remember this is a kitchen-table operation ;)

Heres what I see, I understand the operation, the backorder words made me sad lol. Checking website daily for months has got me excited hahaView attachment 7160

WTF its tiny lol, anyway I have an order number and whatnot

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 190

kloner

Aerial DP
i was just wondering what the number was cause i think the store is newer and there was 500 boards. i was hitting refresh over and over till it popped up then i got mine in. order 452

my status says payment accepted,,, think that's what you see..... that sucks dude. If it doesn't work in my zeph i'll sell ya that one. i only wanted 2 so i could do a MR and a wing

jes1111

To my knowledge there were no problems with the store servers (AU or EU) - so if it gave you an order number then you're good... sit tight... you'll get the tracking number when they are picked up by Fedex (or whoever).

ovdt

The new GCS software is just awesome, I own the previous CC boards and was using them for camera stabilisation. With the new firmware and software, there is an option for smoothing the stick input for camera control, lets say pitch control. This option name is "Response time". Now the stick inputs are super smooth!

i was just wondering what the number was cause i think the store is newer and there was 500 boards. i was hitting refresh over and over till it popped up then i got mine in. order 452

my status says payment accepted,,, think that's what you see..... that sucks dude. If it doesn't work in my zeph i'll sell ya that one. i only wanted 2 so i could do a MR and a wing

Hey Kloner, wanted to pick up on your thought about running the CC3D in your Zeph. At the current state of the fixed wing support it works well to help stabilize the plane (i.e. flying in manual mode). Advanced features like RTH, Navigation, etc. are still a ways off and it's on the todo list now that the CC3D is out (actually there are some people doing some fairly advanced stuff with it on the OP forums). Just a heads up since you mentioned running one on the heli and one on the plane.

I've got a CC3D in my FPV Raptor going in soon. But haven't flown it at all (my first fixed wing).

Cheers,
LemaLife

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm running a eagle tree in one now and it's horrible at stabilizing so my hope is this one can smooth things out a tad. I seen there is an osd coming up, whats that about? I love my zeph, got one of the new ZXL's coming in next week. i'll probably use the other eagle tree osd and that has nav, rth, all that crap if i want it. Quads are fun and they got me going, but the wing made me fall head over heals in love with this deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLt0iMkkNaY

I'm running a eagle tree in one now and it's horrible at stabilizing so my hope is this one can smooth things out a tad. I seen there is an osd coming up, whats that about? I love my zeph, got one of the new ZXL's coming in next week. i'll probably use the other eagle tree osd and that has nav, rth, all that crap if i want it. Quads are fun and they got me going, but the wing made me fall head over heals in love with this deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLt0iMkkNaY

Yup, definitely an OSD in development but it's a bit early innings there. They've gone through a few iterations but I don't think it's going into production for a few months most likely.

Stacky

Well for me so far so good.
The new GCS is really good, easy to use, looks great.
Autotune so far has been excellent, what a great feature for people like me who lack the brain power and patience for tuning.
I have been having the odd flight in pretty breezy conditions with the board in a small light quad and its doing really well considering.
Im having a few problems with the quad being a bit floaty and bouncy in the wind at present but i am absolutely convinced its down to the way i have the settings. Quite probable i havent been doing the autotune properly so will give that a new go soon.
The fact the CCC3D and CC are so configurable for so many applications and does all this without any bugs that i can see is a pretty massive achievement for a volunteer non profit setup. I am amazed that given the huge range of applications the board can cover that it appears bug free or as close to bug free as possible, staggering really.

Kilby

It was a courtesy (on my own initiative) - a concept (and practice) with which you will be unfamiliar.

Thanks for posting here. I appreciate it. I don't always get a chance to log in over at the OP forum, but I check here pretty regularly.

Breezemont, I think you have made your point now. Let's move along and keep this on topic. This isn't RCG.

I would like to still be able to announce any new item we have from OP here on the MRF. I'd hope we can all just move forward without any of this argument. It's tiring to do so on forums. I'm sure if we all met in person we'd realize that what we really care about is flying things that eventually crash in spectacular videos :)

We all have a ton to learn from each other and I again would love to see the two communities work together on AP for example. Lots of talent on both sides that could create some cool things.

Last edited by a moderator: