Tau Labs CC3D release!

Kilby

I used some small standoffs I had from some old copter, but I think I need to get some taller ones. As it is now, my mini usb cable is blocked by part of the frame.

LemaLife,

There numerous claims concerning capabilities of the REVO. If they are true, they are are not hype. But they remain to be proven.

Hey Tahoe Ed,

Sorry missed your response and forgot to reply. I don't think we are claiming any features in the Revo that are true or not true. We've hopefully been pretty clear that we are announcing a hardware platform that is in development onto which many cool features COULD be created. I hope it doesn't come across as hype because frankly it's not supposed to be. The hardware, from what I can see and understand, is pretty cool with a good price (not sure how we manage that). However, we need the help of the community to work on the software and firmware to make desired features a reality.

The CC3D Kickstarter was created based on demand from people who weren't able to get in on the last batch.
The Revo Kickstarter is not meant to sell a ton of boards. Normal users who just want to fly LOS or FPV probably shouldn't jump on the Revo, it's still got a lot of software development ahead of it.

I personally will be flying my CC3Ds for a VERY long time.

Does that help answer your questions?

Lemalife, I hadnt seen the kickstarter for the revo, sounds like a good way to resolve the manufacturing volume issue, hope it works out well.

Thanks Stacky. The Kickstarter-type stuff is a different way of manufacturing than what OP has done in the past. It has its pro's and con's like anything else but a lot of people were pushing for it (myself included) because or else one person was shouldering all the financial risk of the production run. A lot of people want to have OP throw the boards up on HobbyKing or some other large scale manufacturer but that comes with its large amount of headaches as well. Pro's and con's in everything I guess.

But hopefully the long period of the CC3D Kickstarter helped most people that wanted the CC3D get one (will have to be produced, but will get one).

The main thing about OP is that release stuff after it has been properly tested, way way way more than anybody else. In fact I would almost put money on there being more, rather than less features.

Good luck to them with the Kickstarter style funding will be watching with interest.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks Stacky. The Kickstarter-type stuff is a different way of manufacturing than what OP has done in the past. It has its pro's and con's like anything else but a lot of people were pushing for it (myself included) because or else one person was shouldering all the financial risk of the production run. A lot of people want to have OP throw the boards up on HobbyKing or some other large scale manufacturer but that comes with its large amount of headaches as well. Pro's and con's in everything I guess.

But hopefully the long period of the CC3D Kickstarter helped most people that wanted the CC3D get one (will have to be produced, but will get one).

i still owe you for the two boards. how should i go about squaring up with you? we're still without power so it might be a couple of days. i'm at my in-laws' house for a hot meal and some laundry, also online for the first time in a while.

thanks,
bart

Oh crap Bart! I didn't hear back from you so wasn't sure if you needed me to get them for you. I didn't order any boards in this batch. Sh$t....i'm sorry!

Is there a cc3d thread on any forums sharing settings? Im finally getting around to finishing my quad. Never tuned a cc before

I am hoping that OP delivers with the hype. There is a lot of it surrounding the Revo.

Yeah that was unfortunate. A sexy video listing all the capabilities and a few pages touting how awesome the board is rather misleading. Deep within the forum threads it was made clear that it is experimental hardware with more experimental software but unfortunately not where it was hyped. I tried to point this out but was censored and called a troll.

I wrote most of the nav code and only me and one other guy have shown any videos of it flying navigation. It's _hard_ to get it configured right. The last time I tried position hold it went into a control lockout and flew away. Hopefully people who ordered the kick-starter knew what they were getting into to. It's certainly the exact opposite approach OP has taken regarding quality and a lot of the coders (who weren't actually informed about the release) fear that people will feel misled.

Yeah, in hindsight I can see how the video might be a bit too much. I think that was probably the result of over excitement on our end to create a "cool video". It should likely have said that "planned features include...." but we probably missed that and didn't cross-sync the video script with the announcement completely. The text in the announcement made it very clear I thought that this is a development program. Don't know how else we could have made it explicit. I think it's unfair to say we over-hyped things because we wanted to, that is not what adults do. I can see how the video might make it seem more grandiose than it is at this point but hopefully the message is now clear that it is a development program.

Yeah that was unfortunate. A sexy video listing all the capabilities and a few pages touting how awesome the board is rather misleading. Deep within the forum threads it was made clear that it is experimental hardware with more experimental software but unfortunately not where it was hyped. I tried to point this out but was censored and called a troll.

I wrote most of the nav code and only me and one other guy have shown any videos of it flying navigation. It's _hard_ to get it configured right. The last time I tried position hold it went into a control lockout and flew away. Hopefully people who ordered the kick-starter knew what they were getting into to. It's certainly the exact opposite approach OP has taken regarding quality and a lot of the coders (who weren't actually informed about the release) fear that people will feel misled.

Ah oh dear that's rather disappointing James, you have done most of the heavy lifting for the project so you will know the status of the code.

cruiser

Hello CC3D gurus. I'm a beginner and I've been flying MWC and KK2 for a couple of months now. After reading a lot about the CC3D want to order one from getfpv for my next F450 build. A lot of users talk about a 'crisp', 'connected' feeling when flying CC3D. What is this? Is the performance is going to be a lot better than the FCs I already have. I'm flying (at least trying to fly) acro at the moment with a couple of basher quads, but with AP being my ultimate goal. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rick~K

Free Bird
Yes,the connected feel everyone talks about it like its hard wired to your radio.. in Atti mode it stops when you release your stick and returns to level if that were to happen, plus in the software you can set how far your copter will lean with stick input.. ex. if set to 55deg (default setting) you can push your stick in any direction and your copter will only go to 55 deg. Even if you hold your stick.

cruiser

Yes,the connected feel everyone talks about it like its hard wired to your radio.. in Atti mode it stops when you release your stick and returns to level if that were to happen, plus in the software you can set how far your copter will lean with stick input.. ex. if set to 55deg (default setting) you can push your stick in any direction and your copter will only go to 55 deg. Even if you hold your stick.

Thanks Rick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD