YUN-1, anybody else pre-ordered this?

abonto

Hi guys,

Did anybody pre-ordered the YUN-1? I did.:) I was going to buy the Gaui Crane 3, but this came out and it's only $368.00. It's using the Alexmos controller, so I'm assuming it will be good too, not to mention I don't want the hassle of rewinding the brushless motors. Also, what do you think is the best landing gear/skid for this? I'm using DJI450 HF450 & Stock DJI 550 frame. I appreciate any input. :) Thanks!

http://www.fpvmodel.com/SBGC.html

photobobga

This has all the signs of a great camera mount but with the price and unknown history of the builder it seems like a 50/50 decision. I've tried to do some research on the product but there is little to offer on the web. My wallet says order one, my gut says wait for others to post their findings.

I've attached this landing gear on my f550. It's a very clean installation, light, and after shortening the carbon fiber tubes a bit they do not appear in the video or photos. I wrapped the tubes with insulation foam (used to wrap plumbing lines) for added landing comfort.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=16902&idcategory=891

Anxious to read others experience with the YUN-1. Would be nice to use the NAZA controller but the Alexmos seems like a nice option.

Best,
Bob

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i agree that it's difficult to commit money to someone that you're not really familiar with. to that end, i just emailed the manufacturer to see if they'd be interested in having us do a review of the mount.

we will very soon be introducing a new forum area in which we will be posting product reviews. the first review will be the DJI Phantom. it's in the mail and we should have a review in the not too distant future. maybe I should post this in the general discussions area.

Bart

abonto

Thanks Photobob, I have a similar landing gear on my F550 I'll just add that foam,,,I noticed I play with the F450 more than my F550, I find it to be in-efficient in comparison, because of the weight and battery consumption, but I will mount the YUN-1 one it, when it arrives and just take money shots with it, and use the F450 for FPV only.

I took my chance on the brushless motor YUN-1, since the servo's are nothing compared to it, in my opinion,,,also the servo based gimbal cost more than it....but we don't really know. :) I also, don't like the idea of waiting 30 days, and additional 2-3 weeks to ship it, so we all won't receive it until March, dang!

This has all the signs of a great camera mount but with the price and unknown history of the builder it seems like a 50/50 decision. I've tried to do some research on the product but there is little to offer on the web. My wallet says order one, my gut says wait for others to post their findings.

I've attached this landing gear on my f550. It's a very clean installation, light, and after shortening the carbon fiber tubes a bit they do not appear in the video or photos. I wrapped the tubes with insulation foam (used to wrap plumbing lines) for added landing comfort.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=16902&idcategory=891

Anxious to read others experience with the YUN-1. Would be nice to use the NAZA controller but the Alexmos seems like a nice option.

Best,
Bob

abonto

i agree that it's difficult to commit money to someone that you're not really familiar with. to that end, i just emailed the manufacturer to see if they'd be interested in having us do a review of the mount.

we will very soon be introducing a new forum area in which we will be posting product reviews. the first review will be the DJI Phantom. it's in the mail and we should have a review in the not too distant future. maybe I should post this in the general discussions area.

Bart

Cool Bart! They actually have the Alexmos board out already, maybe you can review that and just use the DIY brushless motors rewinded by end users.

PilotMan

If I read correctly, the YUN-1 has all the electronics built in, including the controller..... Am I reading it incorrectly?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
If I read correctly, the YUN-1 has all the electronics built in, including the controller..... Am I reading it incorrectly?

Not built in per se, included as part of the gimbal is probably a better way to put it. It does use the Alexmos controller board and it comes as a complete unit with everything needed for it to work, how much assembly the end user will have to do remains to be seen.

That said, I'll have one of the YUN-1 hanging under my MK Hexa soon, I'll be swapping out the Aeroxcraft 2 axis GoPro mount currently installed on it. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference there is between this gimbal and a good direct drive GoPro gimbal, I expect it will be considerable...

Ken

chopper

Not built in per se, included as part of the gimbal is probably a better way to put it. It does use the Alexmos controller board and it comes as a complete unit with everything needed for it to work, how much assembly the end user will have to do remains to be seen.

That said, I'll have one of the YUN-1 hanging under my MK Hexa soon, I'll be swapping out the Aeroxcraft 2 axis GoPro mount currently installed on it. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference there is between this gimbal and a good direct drive GoPro gimbal, I expect it will be considerable...

Ken

I have the same, Aeroxcraft. I was never truly impressed with it, but maybe once someone comes out with some pre wound motors for go pro sized mounts I'll try to upgrade it myself with an Alexmos controller. Otherwise, i've been eagerly waiting any news from other gimbal makers who are using the Alexmos controller board. At this point any other manufacturer could also benefit from a pre-order arrangement allowing us to get a sense for what else will be available.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm gonna hang one under a hexacrafter soon, we pre-ordered pretty early. looking forward to playing with it

PilotMan

Well, thats the tough one.... I sent back my Hero2 about 6 months ago because of low light issues I was not happy with. The Hero3 appears to be pretty good but the reviews I have been seeing on Amazon are saying that there are all kinds of technical issues with batteries, freezing, and firmware upgrade issues and the company is not being responsive to anyone. This was my experience as a pro calling them up..... There answer to me was, "Well thats the way the camera is." My answer was well then you can have your POS back through amazon with my bad review.

Im looking a the Sony Action Cam and regular HD camcorders. Don't really need something that can get wet or dusty as its on my HEX..... Don't want to get that wet or dusty!!:livid:

For those who pre-ordered, what camera's do you plan on using?