Received mine today ...
20130404_163314.jpg

So keen to see how it works ...

best regards

Ferdinand

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ken,

What's the weight of the YUN-1 ? ( if you know, not asking you to take it off and weigh it. haha..) Is there much Difference than Nex-5 (got heli rc ) What about the quality of the two ? I see that the YUN-1 has the controller incased. what about the Nex-5?

I like the looks of the YUN-1 and probably will be using the gopro most of the time. But I also would like to step up to a sony RX100 or even better Nex-5 at some point. and the RX100 weighs in just over the 200g limit ( 213g. ) plus don't know width of the YUN-1 (RX100 is 101.6 mm )

I gotta have to have one. just didn't know which one. hum....

Both videos are quality!

Thanks,
Larry

PS: I am getting a little jealous man, You get all the good toys... haha..

No idea of the weight other than my MK Hexa seems to be OK hauling it around with a Hero HD installed on it and an extra 3S 1300 mAh battery to power it. The stock Hexa V1 is not the most powerful hex out there, the Roxxy motors are on the small side for doing any moderate to heavy lifting. As far as quality goes, I'd have to give the edge to the Gotheli gimbal, heavier (thicker) material on the non alloy parts and the wiring is more substantial than what comes on the YUN-1. The Gotheli uses the Alexmos controller and so does the YUN-1 but the YUN board is their own build, both can use the same GUI and firmware though and FPVModels is an authorized reseller for the SimpleBCG controller (Alexmos) so the developer is getting credit and presumably compensation for his work which is important to keep driving innovations like this. Neither controller I have is in a case though the YUN is shrink wrapped where the Nex version has the board bolted to the back of the vertical arm with no covering at all. If I had wanted to wait another couple of weeks I could have gotten the case for the board with the YUN, not an issue since I can just go make one out of Delrin on the mill if I decide its necessary.

Just Pre-Ordered the YUN-1 from Hover Shots here in the USA. Now the wait....

You'll like everything about it except for the wait to receive it... ;)

Ken

NelsonFX

Attachments

• YUN-1 WxHxL Weight.jpg
    YUN-1 WxHxL Weight.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
It doesn't really make any difference at the moment seeing as everyone is talking about selling them without actually having any in stock.

FerdinandK

If something is that new as the BL-Gimbals are, you have to accept some waiting time if you want to have one of the first. In six month from now, there will be plenty of the "in stock" all around the world, but there will be for sure something else "new".

Preodering and waiting seems to become part of the multirotor-game.

best regards

Ferdinand

FerdinandK

Got mine to work :D, really nice what this little thing can do ...

best regards

Ferdinand

tikigod19

Looks really great! I wasn't aware you were able to adjust it to point downwards mid flight. Is that a manual control? How do you have it set up on your tx?

olof

Osprey
Mine is on order, I am starting to design custom landing gear.

Initial thoughts below. Once I get the Yun-1 I will figure out the balance and finalize all the dimensions. The idea is to have this be a quick mount to any MR w/o landing gear, possible including extra vibe dampening clamping system, then it would cushion hard landings as well. This should be very light and very sturdy. I have a machine shop so I will make the fittings on a CNC machine in Delrin, or possible a stronger plastic.

View attachment 10903

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 5.18.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-06 at 5.18.49 PM.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 221

FerdinandK

@tikigod19
You just need a free channel on your receiver (e.g. a slider), then just connect it to the board, that´s it.

best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

@olof,

I find the S800 landing-skid (or a clone) pretty optimal (or a smaller version of it).
20130405_145721.jpg

for additional damping I can recommend lambskin.

best regards

Ferdinand

tikigod19

@tikigod19
You just need a free channel on your receiver (e.g. a slider), then just connect it to the board, that´s it.

best regards
Ferdinand

Ah i see.. What a bonus.. I didn't know this. Wonder if it'll be the same with the other BG's, I'd assume so. Cool!

olof

Osprey
@olof,

I find the S800 landing-skid (or a clone) pretty optimal (or a smaller version of it).

for additional damping I can recommend lambskin.

best regards

Ferdinand

That is what I am thinking as well just smaller scale and lighter. With a quick release to the MR.

FerdinandK

Here another video from the yun1, done today in windy conditions:

best regards

Ferdinand