XAircraft SuperX

Av8Chuck

I'm not sure what problems have been reported but I'm using the 35A KED ESC's with 475KV KDE motors with the SX and haven't hd any problems. I have not flown them a great deal, I go through phases where I build more than I fly, then once I have everything built I do pretty extensive test flying but I have not made it that far. I have about five hours on my latest Y6 and an hour on my Hex so about 40+ short test flights and the only concern I have is one motor on my Hex is running hotter than the others.

Av8Chuck

When I had an issue arming the first set of KDE's I read through all the changing end points and all that stuff and none of it helped. So I thought it must be a problem with the KDE ESC's but then I tried going through the entire SX setup again and when I completed it everything armed. So I went through the setup procedure again, this time leaving the throttle just above mid stick and it wouldn't arm, did it again with the throttle just below mid stick and it would. So then I tried the same thing with a quad with RCTimer 40A SimonK ESC's and guess what? Same thing happened. Moral of the story is make sure when you calibrate your throttle in the SX setup sequence make sure its centered, if it won't arm follow the procedure I just outlined and it should work.

questech

one is a 34 lbs hex, other is a 55 lb octo

Awesome!

What motors are you using on the 55 pounder?

What batts are you using to keep it in the air, and what is your flight time?

I'm having an issue with flight times right now, which is why I asked.

I'm leaving for Miami right now, but I'll elaborate once I return.

Thanks... Anthony

questech

I ended up having to tweak my endpoints and center point on my taranis quite a bit to get it right. 15 pound 960 hex.

Do you mean the SX Calibrations?

Just curious what happened to lead you believe that you needed to tweak the endpoints more than once... Thanks!

Anthony

kloner

Aerial DP
Were on u7's... 490kv.... 17" and 18" props

Tattu 2x 10amp hour on the hex, 2x 16 amp hour on the octo

both with mid payload are 10 minutes, high elevation and a fully stocked gimbal like follow focus and such brings it down to 6 minutes before its off the charts and not flown

When mediaguru was having problems i was beating my head against the wall trying to get him going and recognized his tyranis output wasn't the same as a futaba radio so we tweaked it to within those endpoints (tyranis shows the actual pulse width and is adjustable) and it came to life. now i wonder if doing the endpoint wasn't what fixed it and if after doing that cali if he didn't just get lucky and center the throttle enough to make it come to life. One of my guys just got one of these and he was asking me the same thing the other day. he has a futaba so i told him i'd look at the forums and see wtf..... think i found it in chucks response. I use airplane radios with the ratchet throttle so finding center has never been an issue, i can see how on a smooth throttle radio how getting exactly 50% would be tough without the gui showing a live feedback like dji does during fc calibration

mediaguru

Were on u7's... 490kv.... 17" and 18" props

Tattu 2x 10amp hour on the hex, 2x 16 amp hour on the octo

both with mid payload are 10 minutes, high elevation and a fully stocked gimbal like follow focus and such brings it down to 6 minutes before its off the charts and not flown

When mediaguru was having problems i was beating my head against the wall trying to get him going and recognized his tyranis output wasn't the same as a futaba radio so we tweaked it to within those endpoints (tyranis shows the actual pulse width and is adjustable) and it came to life. now i wonder if doing the endpoint wasn't what fixed it and if after doing that cali if he didn't just get lucky and center the throttle enough to make it come to life. One of my guys just got one of these and he was asking me the same thing the other day. he has a futaba so i told him i'd look at the forums and see wtf..... think i found it in chucks response. I use airplane radios with the ratchet throttle so finding center has never been an issue, i can see how on a smooth throttle radio how getting exactly 50% would be tough without the gui showing a live feedback like dji does during fc calibration

I tried changing the endpoints because others who had the same issue as me did that and it did the trick. I'm not actually sure it was a center point issue. My issue was that not all the motors would arm all the time. Setting the lower endpoint to -89 instead of -100 for esc calibration, then putting it back to -100 after insures that all the motors arm. It seems there's some variance in the sticks and each time I put it at -100 it doesn't necessarily to there. Sometimes it is -97, sometimes -99, sometimes -96. Maybe the stick hardware is not great or who knows what, but now I know how to calibrate the ESCS for next time.

Av8Chuck

I tried changing the endpoints because others who had the same issue as me did that and it did the trick. I'm not actually sure it was a center point issue. My issue was that not all the motors would arm all the time. Setting the lower endpoint to -89 instead of -100 for esc calibration, then putting it back to -100 after insures that all the motors arm. It seems there's some variance in the sticks and each time I put it at -100 it doesn't necessarily to there. Sometimes it is -97, sometimes -99, sometimes -96. Maybe the stick hardware is not great or who knows what, but now I know how to calibrate the ESCS for next time.

I think we came to a similar conclusion through a different path. I'm not exactly sure how the SX is calibrating the sticks during setup but I did notice it made a difference to arming by where the sticks were, relative to center (50%) during the setup procedure. So instead of changing end points to get it to arm I just re-calibrated and that did the trick. Also the difference in stick position between arming and not arming isn't much so I don't think it effects overall performance.

vispaaja

Is there a summer vacation or something going on in Australia? We've been trying to figure out what caused a SuperX rig crash but haven't gotten an answer in over a month? Before that they responded very quickly

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Is there a summer vacation or something going on in Australia? We've been trying to figure out what caused a SuperX rig crash but haven't gotten an answer in over a month? Before that they responded very quickly

It's not always somebody else's fault! Anthony from XAicraft Australia is active here and that other forum and only posted here the other day, he prides himself on customer care and many of us here can't fault his bedside manner, I'd suggest you check the email address you sent your request to, it should be international@xaircraft.com I'd then check your spam folder to make sure you are not blocking his responses.

X

vispaaja

It's not always somebody else's fault! Anthony from XAicraft Australia is active here and that other forum and only posted here the other day, he prides himself on customer care and many of us here can't fault his bedside manner, I'd suggest you check the email address you sent your request to, it should be international@xaircraft.com I'd then check your spam folder to make sure you are not blocking his responses.

I'm not blaming anyone. We have always gotten quick replies from Anthony and that's why I was just curious if there was some easy explanation like a vacation or something. Email is correct and spam filter is not blocking anything, I check the folder regurarly.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

noid1037

Hey everybody here... some good news to report... the quad is not arming the motors and all is "running".... Had to swap out the Spektrum AR9020 for a Spektrum 8 channel reciever... Im sending the 9 channel back to see if its defective. I did all the calibrations including the dance to spin the quad until I got the solid green light. The quad want to pull up...Wonder if someone could give me some insight for trimming the craft now. The right side has alot more horsepower and wants to flip over. I have tried several different configs for trimming and havent found the sweet spot yet. Should I be trimming the right side down or the left side up individually or together? Does someone know of a tutroial or faq for the process? Im using a Spektrum DX9 transmitter on a side note.

Thanks again for the help.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hey everybody here... some good news to report... the quad is not arming the motors and all is "running".... Had to swap out the Spektrum AR9020 for a Spektrum 8 channel reciever... Im sending the 9 channel back to see if its defective. I did all the calibrations including the dance to spin the quad until I got the solid green light. The quad want to pull up...Wonder if someone could give me some insight for trimming the craft now. The right side has alot more horsepower and wants to flip over. I have tried several different configs for trimming and havent found the sweet spot yet. Should I be trimming the right side down or the left side up individually or together? Does someone know of a tutroial or faq for the process? Im using a Spektrum DX9 transmitter on a side note.

Trimming! not sure what you mean the SuperX by design is very simple to operate, you can apply 'gains' using the GUI, as your not able to arm, I wonder how you see it trying to flip over! still, this could be a result of not setting the end points correctly in your radio or not having calibrated your radio with the SX properly.

Anyway many here to help you with your issues.

X

Naterpin

Could you post a picture of the rig and maybe a video. Double check the props and the motor directions

SamaraMedia

Just starting to hook up my Super X purchased used here. Going through the manual I find that I did not receive the JST - Futaba power cable so just wondering what my options are. I'm a little concerned with the wiring diagram, says you can connect direct from 3-6s. I'm running 6s on this hex and not comfortable running that much juice through a small gauge wire with JST connector as shown so probably going to run a BEC from the PDB. Any other suggestions for wiring?

Thanks, John

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Don't know about your cable problem,
mine was supplied with all I needed including power cable although changed my LIPO end to other connection, image shows how the unit ships so maybe contact your retailer!

Not recommended to introduce a BEC into the system, the IO already contains one and if it is only the wire amp you are worried about than increase its size.

EDIT: Seller

View attachment 22183 View attachment 22184
X

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 200
  • SuperX.jpg
    SuperX.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:

JusticeXD

The JST works fine because the SuperX doesn't pull enough current to cause any concern.
Just starting to hook up my Super X purchased used here. Going through the manual I find that I did not receive the JST - Futaba power cable so just wondering what my options are. I'm a little concerned with the wiring diagram, says you can connect direct from 3-6s. I'm running 6s on this hex and not comfortable running that much juice through a small gauge wire with JST connector as shown so probably going to run a BEC from the PDB. Any other suggestions for wiring?

Thanks, John

The SuperX doesn't draw enough amps to cause any concerns with the JST.