XAircraft SuperX

Zirt57

You really must stop smoking that stuff! and making allegations that have no truth only leads you to a credibility problem.

On the record, I don't build, repair, advise or anything else for any RC dealer, I have no interaction with any owner, user and or operator of any RC aircraft other than the members of a local RC club I belong to. and of course this and other forums, but I would be delighted to see any lie you believe I have either verbally made or written, I'm sure nothing will be forthcoming from your befuddled memory or research so I will clearly state here that your assertion and the lie you have made, must make everything else you write suspect and lacking credibility.

X

I never have and never will smoke anything. That being said, I apologize. I mixed you up with someone else. I was wrong.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Naterpin

Both of you knock it off. Zirt your not directly helping anybody. Which is has not been your character in the passed.
Mouse you can't really question who Nic is when he has helped many SuperX owners, Zirt too.

The last thing we need is Bart shutting the thread down

dazzab

I'm still feeling positive about SuperX and do hope that they add some features. We get great support here in Australia. They are easy to set up and fly well. I think like everyone else they are simply going for the biggest part of the market as a priority. That's just business. I'd love to have waypoints but I think the whole autonomous flight scene may run in to restrictions in the not too distant future. Who knows?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Both of you knock it off. Zirt your not directly helping anybody. Which is has not been your character in the passed.
Mouse you can't really question who Nic is when he has helped many SuperX owners, Zirt too.

The last thing we need is Bart shutting the thread down

You are of course very correct and and have adopted a mature approach which I will accept.

X

Ti@goo

My setup is HW platinum ESC and sunnysky motors. After calibrating the ESCs with the taranis, plugged them to the controller and its like they don`t recognize the FC. After did the same with a Futaba and it worked.

???

Filthy

Anyone know how to go about dealing with a defective OSD unit? Can't seem to get a feed out when using it. Sent an email to US distrib about possible repair or replacement, but after an initial generic response, they've gone quiet for at least a week or two now.

ckarcher

Yes, my motors did not arm when using sbus over 7ch. Some questions abound over the web about this issue and it seems the few people that know what the problem was cared not to share it with the rest of us. One opinionated member of RCG posted on the frsky forum and even mention the challenges he had with firmware and his solution. He was fairly active on threads about superX and yet still choose not to share information with those struggling with the issue- even when asked directly.

Update the tx fw and put the jumper on for sbus /standard mixed outputs and you can have sbus run the superX and as many extra channels to run gimbals,etc.

If you need an eep file lmk, but the fw update solved it for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Anyone know how to go about dealing with a defective OSD unit? Can't seem to get a feed out when using it. Sent an email to US distrib about possible repair or replacement, but after an initial generic response, they've gone quiet for at least a week or two now.

Ensure NTSC is set on all video units. Test with just video out from a camera to make sure VTX is working

X

Filthy

Thanks Mouse. Have already bypassed the OSD unit and video feed works perfectly without it. But will check again later when I get home to make sure everything is set to NTSC.

kloner

Aerial DP
the big thing to remember on xaircraft osd is the signal wire is white, not the common yellow like everything else uses.

Racerx1962

I just installed my 3rd SX onto a DYS800 X4... It flies on rails. Love the SX... but, yes, I would like waypoints and "point of interest". Maybe they'll do something after the MiniX is out.

questech

I just installed my 3rd SX onto a DYS800 X4... It flies on rails. Love the SX... but, yes, I would like waypoints and "point of interest". Maybe they'll do something after the MiniX is out.

I'm not usually pessimistic, but don't hold your breath. Whereas I hope that they do update our system, I've seen it before, abandoning the "Old" and focusing on the new without regard for past promises or the satisfaction of the existing "Legacy" user base. It's piss poor customer service, but they don't care. They (China) have never even answered one of my support requests... Ever!

XA fans claim that XA is better than DJI, but from my experience they're no better at all.

You can tell a lot about a company by the way they respond to support questions and issues, and my evidence so far is that XA's Customer Support Sucks... I wish it weren't so :(

Anthony

mediaguru

I picked up my SX from XAircraft america and have had great service and responses. Never had to deal with China fortunately.

questech

I picked up my SX from XAircraft america and have had great service and responses. Never had to deal with China fortunately.

I agree, the local guys are pretty good, but they don't know everything. There are questions that they can't answer and in that case you have to rely on the manufacturer for support.

The dealers can only do so much, they can't dictate policy, so ultimately the behavior of the manufacturer is what you have to use as a yard stick as to how they are going to continue to develop and improve existing products. It's just frustrating.

Anthony

mediaguru

I agree, the local guys are pretty good, but they don't know everything. There are questions that they can't answer and in that case you have to rely on the manufacturer for support.

The dealers can only do so much, they can't dictate policy, so ultimately the behavior of the manufacturer is what you have to use as a yard stick as to how they are going to continue to develop and improve existing products. It's just frustrating.

Anthony

I guess fortunately for me I'm not enough of a power user to need those questions answered. I managed to build a nice large hex and it flies!