XAircraft SuperX

PhilippeN

Hello,

We made a small Video in the Swiss Alps, It is made with a SuperX in a X650Pro

Nice Philippe do you live there? was there wind when you took these shots?

Hello Dhardjono,

I leave in Switzerland in Geneva, the montain is about 2h00 from where we are.
Yes you always have some wind, in case you have not seen the set up you can see it here :

Philippe

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhardjono

Very nice Pilippe the difference between my 650 to yours is tiger props i use plastic some one here in this forum using tiger prop 12 -4 is that what you using is it night and day to plastic in performance. I use the foxtech tx like you but with sky goggle ans a Stella gimbal i think you have feiyu G3 is it charging the gopro? My Stella has chargiing i get these lines on the screen i use lc comon filter no luck before that i was using tarot gimbal every time i plug in charging gopro plug i also get these vertical slant lines i wonder if you get ant lines
?Alos i see you using only the stock antenna i wastold they are not great for long distance. I order foxtech props call Foxtech Supreme Lite C/F Propeller(12x5.5) i hope it will work ok it there cheaper carbon fiber props. This is what i get with the plastic props that are balance but i think i should get better smooth shot with those tiger props.
some shot 1 of my rubber dampner came loose so it makwe some shots not smooth

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilippeN

Very nice Pilippe the difference between my 650 to yours is tiger props i use plastic some one here in this forum using tiger prop 12 -4 is that what you using is it night and day to plastic in performance. I use the foxtech tx like you but with sky goggle ans a Stella gimbal i think you have feiyu G3 is it charging the gopro? My Stella has chargiing i get these lines on the screen i use lc comon filter no luck before that i was using tarot gimbal every time i plug in charging gopro plug i also get these vertical slant lines i wonder if you get ant lines
?Alos i see you using only the stock antenna i wastold they are not great for long distance. I order foxtech props call Foxtech Supreme Lite C/F Propeller(12x5.5) i hope it will work ok it there cheaper carbon fiber props. This is what i get with the plastic props that are balance but i think i should get better smooth shot with those tiger props.
some shot 1 of my rubber dampner came loose so it makwe some shots not smooth

Hello, Yes we use TMotor Props 12x4, balanced, they are great, but the original APC well balanced are also good but give faster change of direction. We also use lot of expo on all axis to make it more quiet for smooth videos.

We used the Feiyu Gimball since the Stella was not available when we started this project, now all our X650 Pro are equipped with Stella. We don't have lines but we use the Spironet Antennas since by law we must use 25mW. With the 600 no problem with the stock antennas.

Your video is great, where is it ?

Thanks,

Philippe

Dhardjono

Hello, Yes we use TMotor Props 12x4, balanced, they are great, but the original APC well balanced are also good but give faster change of direction. We also use lot of expo on all axis to make it more quiet for smooth videos.

We used the Feiyu Gimball since the Stella was not available when we started this project, now all our X650 Pro are equipped with Stella. We don't have lines but we use the Spironet Antennas since by law we must use 25mW. With the 600 no problem with the stock antennas.

Your video is great, where is it ?

Thanks,

Philippe
Thanks not as good as yours but it start in New Jersey across that Hudson river is Manhattan New York cityfirst bridge is George Washinton bridge than last park shot is Bronx white stone bridge area.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I searched this thread but didn't find anything.

Quick question: will the superx pass power to my receiver through the sbus? On my multiwii FC, I power the RX first and then the FC gets power through sbus.

Currently I have a UBEC running to the battery (B) in on superx. Not sure if I need a dedicated 2nd power lead to the RX as well.

Thanks in advance!

scott

skquad

I searched this thread but didn't find anything.

Quick question: will the superx pass power to my receiver through the sbus? On my multiwii FC, I power the RX first and then the FC gets power through sbus.

Currently I have a UBEC running to the battery (B) in on superx. Not sure if I need a dedicated 2nd power lead to the RX as well.

Thanks in advance!

scott

Yes, you will get power from the IO module to the receiver via sbus and all other channels.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yes, you will get power from the IO module to the receiver via sbus and all other channels.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick replay! I was hoping that was the case. Didn't want to have to run another power lead. Getting close with this build - excitement is rising to a fever pitch... :)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Another quick question related to the last...

I am running the power to the SuperX - and then powering the Rx (Futaba 7008) through the FC s-bus via a Turnigy 3-1 UBEC. This UBEC has the option to switch between 5V or 6V. I recalled reading that someone found that the SuperX was passing power quite hot (can't find the post now), so I chose 5V. When I first powered it up, the Rx LED was blinking erratically - clearly not getting correct power. So I switched it to 6V and the Rx powered up fine.

Does this seem like something that I should be concerned about, or does it make sense that after passing through the SuperX the voltage would have dropped a bit - and the 6V provides correct voltage to get through to the RX? I'm just in the testing phase - so I'd obviously rather trouble shoot this issue on the ground.

Appreciate the help.

kloner

Aerial DP
you don't want that ubec and the superX bec together..... id take the ubec out, keep in installed for retracts or another good use... right now it's just noise and the two of them together can make one fail eventualy....

all the same reasons with dji, same thing with off brands without bec built in, you gotta dissable all but one bec in the esc's to power the fc and rx.... cc3d, hoverfly, kk, etc.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
you don't want that ubec and the superX bec together..... id take the ubec out, keep in installed for retracts or another good use... right now it's just noise and the two of them together can make one fail eventualy....

all the same reasons with dji, same thing with off brands without bec built in, you gotta dissable all but one bec in the esc's to power the fc and rx.... cc3d, hoverfly, kk, etc.

Thanks Kloner. Glad I only removed and heat shrunk the power/ground leads from all the ESCs instead of cutting them :)

If I'm running SBus, should I take the power & ground from one ESC and make a new dedicated servo to run to the battery input on the superx???

kloner

Aerial DP
superX doesn't want power from any bec, it is built into the unit.... 3-6s, straight into B

sbus needs red black and white from superX to rx