F550 Rotating Left

rennen

Hi guys,

I've got an F550 with Naza-M v1 with GPS. It's got 10x5 graupner blades (balanced them myself), and a gimbal from TPPacks (AG600), with landing gear, and Hoverfly Gimbal controller. Stock motors and ESCs.

It it's rotating slightly left when I lift up or go down (in all flight modes). It also does it when I go backwards or forwards as well. Doesn't matter at what height it's at; i tested it at 20-30 feet and the problem persists.

What do you guys think the problem is? Maybe a motor going out? Maybe a setting in the Naza is off? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi rennen,

At the risk of sounding stupid, can you absolutely be certain that you are not pushing slightly left with your hand while you move the throttle? Sounds funny but I caught myself more than once thinking I was only giving throttle when I was in fact very slightly in the rudder zone....

To be sure use a finger at 90 to the throttle stick movement and move up just leaning onto the stick.

I found myself that the long distance tracking (more than 100 ft) in GPS mode is off to the left going away and to the right coming back. My GPS antenna is off set to the left and I am holding a perfect hover (no toilet bowl effect AKA TBE). I know that I can recalibrate and change my GPS orientation back to full forward (as described in manual) and this will likely help the tracking BUT the side effect will be TBE. The better of the worst is a good hover and a slight deviation moving forward in my case.

Apparently, the new NAZA update fixes this drift problem but I am too chicken to upgrade yet. I will not like the spool up T/O.....

rennen

i dont think im pushing left on it. in fact, i have to adjust the rotation on my DX-8 to somewhat compensate for the way the copter wants to go. I've already updated the NAZA and it still does it... I may switch around the motors today to see if it rotates the other way.