XAircraft SuperX

SoCal Blur

Finally pulled the trigger on the superx. Thanks for the heads up on the CNCheli availability. Now I just need to figure out a GPS holder (I think only drew includes that).

Thanks for for all the great info here. Really helped with the purchase decision.

Now ow I have plenty of time to build and tune, since the 20" snowstorm is in full effect here.... :)

Which version did you get? I've been thinking about it but I would have to get the really expensive one to fly the octo :cold:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I just needed the basic version for now. Pretty smart how they structured the prices (at least if you start with a quad), lessens the blow of upgrading later :)

I just searched through this thread but didn't see anything specific. Wondering how the SuperX handles sbus only connection (I don't need more channels than the sbus handles) which would be connected to input X - the manual states:

When M input unconnected, SuperX is in GPS ATT Mode by default.

does the V2 negate the need for something plugged into input M? Or do you dead patch it???

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cabo_wabo

When you use S-Bus link from Receiver to "X" input on the IO-V2 all the separate inputs are combined onto the multiplexed S-Bus so you don't need anything else plugged into that row - See P. 10 of the manual. Assuming you have an S-Bus radio you'll still need to configure your radio and map the 5th channel to a 3-way switch.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I just needed the basic version for now. Pretty smart how they structured the prices (at least if you start with a quad), lessens the blow of upgrading later :)

I just searched through this thread but didn't see anything specific. Wondering how the SuperX handles sbus only connection (I don't need more channels than the sbus handles) which would be connected to input X - the manual states:

does the V2 negate the need for something plugged into input M? Or do you dead patch it???

Thanks

SX needs to be version 2 then servo cable from SX channel X to RX SBUS port, all in the manual

David

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks folks.

I saw all that in the manual, and I just read through it again before I saw this response. What is not specified (unless I missed it) is something specifically speaking to whether the sbus connection negates the need for that M channel (see quote in my last post - directly from the latest manual).

If it's already working for you guys, that's good enough for me.

They were supposed to start going out last Friday but nada. Did Drew give you a new date?

I have enough to fill current orders coming in on the 18th and the rest of the stock is leaving China on the 20th. First half of Stella order got in this week and all orders have been fulfilled. Second half is coming in on the 18th with the rest of the SX. Sounds like they finally got everything worked out with production so hopefully this will never happen again. Really apologize for the delays guys! I am keeping the site updated as I know more.

Thanks folks.

I saw all that in the manual, and I just read through it again before I saw this response. What is not specified (unless I missed it) is something specifically speaking to whether the sbus connection negates the need for that M channel (see quote in my last post - directly from the latest manual).

If it's already working for you guys, that's good enough for me.

SBUS is all you will need

Dhardjono

I have enough to fill current orders coming in on the 18th and the rest of the stock is leaving China on the 20th. First half of Stella order got in this week and all orders have been fulfilled. Second half is coming in on the 18th with the rest of the SX. Sounds like they finally got everything worked out with production so hopefully this will never happen again. Really apologize for the delays guys! I am keeping the site updated as I know more.

Great Drew i really good to hear that !

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone running 1.3ghz VTX with the superx? I know GPS can have problems due to close bands - wondering if physical separation has been enough with the superx.

Thanks

fltundra

Hi all,
Just want to share my positive SuperX experience. Have never flown a multi of any kind.
Props out of balance.

skquad

Haven't looked at type log but I had a similar problem. I reduced my gains and all was good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
no, it's a new build. 15" tiger CF props on an 800 frame, 3520 avroto and 60 amp maytec

you can see the input and you can see a heading,,, the heading skews off, you see the pilot correct.... i think it might be low gains, there all .9

yeehaanow

Kloner, looking at the logs I see that the yaw un-commanded yaw is always in the same general direction, and then when you bring it back, quite quickly it seems, the motor outputs seem very even between the CW and CCW. I know you've probably been OCD about leveling the motors, but could it be that one or more aren't level?
Can you set your rudder rates to something midrange then do a test flight while going full stick both ways and see if they yaw equally?

Zirt57

anybody got advice for a superX that is is getting uncommanded yaw? heres the logs, you see the heading bouncing all around. the movement comes from a 3 axis gimbal that hooks wind and prys the airframe into yawing.... i've seen it before on this same airframe with naza.... props too lite? not enough torque?

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_03_15_161627.000_20.1.05.53

Is it possible your GPS puck is not pointing straight? Just another thing to look at.

Jeff

octocine

I'm building an X8 and haven't been able to find the best ESC settings for the SuperX flight controller.
The options:
Brake (Off, I assume)
Battery type (NiMH, I assume, so ESC doesn't shut down if voltage low)
Cutoff Mode (soft, I assume)
Start Mode ??(options are normal, soft, very soft)
Advanced Timing ??(options from 0-26 degrees),
Governor Mode (Off, I assume),
PWM frequency ?? (12 or 8 kHz),
BEC output ?? (5.25 or 6 volt)

kloner

Aerial DP
you guys rock....this is a rig i built, sent it to hawaii and now it's doing this stuff.... I'll have him do us some tests and get me a log.... it's been windy so i'll try getting him to do a routine when the weather dies down

this was a log from the same rig i believe before he changed the yaw gain from 1.1 to .9,,, he dropped em all down, said it felt better

http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_03_16_061635.750_13.4.05.34