XAircraft SuperX

coreyperez

Oh, I completely agree! I wanted a Super X before Super X was cool! I was considering jumping on the "Free Shipping" deal but was worried about getting a residual "problem from the suppliers" flow-over.

Well I really want a XA SX but I suppose I can keep on keeping on with my current projects and start the new Octo-build and see how things develop. dumping money down the drain isn't easy, especially when its something my wife already doesn't approve of.

I'm still waiting to see if I want to go with that Tarot T15 or the new Foxtech Octo. The DJI "Death-flip Junk International" S800 evo (or even the 1000) is not an option in any way, shape or form.

Corey

I would assume if you are looking for the waypoints that it would be a software/FW update, not hardware. At least that's how it was implemented with Multiwii. The newest Multiwii FW version is 2.3 which includes a waypoints feature. I haven't heard of anyone having great luck with it yet - but it's early yet.

This is just my assumption. I guess it might be possible that xAircraft could have some type of proprietary hardware that connects to a ground station???

If you are looking for just rock solid flight for AV/P, I still have yet to read a bad review of this FC.

I personally don't like the idea of jumping on the newest and latest when it comes to multirotors.. Think "tried and true" instead of "obsolete" and you nerves might settle..

The question was about when/what the update was going to entail. Hardware or just a software update. I'm hesitant about spending $500+ on a FC just to find out next week its obsolete. You know the drill :) Apple folks fall for it all the time!

I hadn't asked Drew directly, he had/has been actively posting on this thread and I never got a reply to an email sent directly to XA. I used this because XA had been actively posting on and had since, but never replied to the question, ie: avoiding the question.

Should I really be this hard to spend money?

Corey

coreyperez

I completely agree.

I've applied that method of thinking to nearly everything I've really every purchased before and have always said "I'd never purchase the 1st Gen ANYTHING". It is why (for me) it was so important to get an answer to the question. If it is a hardware (component)/add-on with a software/firmware update, then just say so, I'll purchase immediately. If its a full up-hardware solution the tables turn and I'll completely slow down my build. I even mentioned this above when I said I wanted to see how the new T15 and Foxtech's Kraken (K130) turned out. I wouldn't have thought a frame could be a problem, but the S800's death-flip (presumably from harmonics confusing the FC and then it attempting to invert...) really opened my eyes and I realized that I really needed to reconsider some of the items I was looking at. FC included.

What it comes down to is I'm just a consumer with a question. If they (the seller) won't answer my question to GET my money, I have absolutely NO REASON TO BELIEVE they will answer my question WHEN they get my money.

XA is burning bridges... I seriously want a SuperX. But MY bottom line is more important to me when compared to THEIR bottom line... (One (former) business owner to another))

Corey

+1. I've been down that path too...

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I could be wrong....

But I'm not. This was eons ago (consumer electronics lifecycle that is)

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?13158-SuperX&p=121687&viewfull=1#post121687

My point exactly please read and tell me where it states SOON!
No waypoints on this version, but they are reportedly coming. Not timetable right now.
also the quote is from a retailer not Xaircraft. I'd suggest not holding your breath waiting :tennis:

David

coreyperez

Yes, valid point. When I was looking for that post last night I realized I joined the "Soon" from another post (regarding 1.08 I think it was) and the post I linked. BUT, as I mentioned, that was eons ago. I think CRapple has released 2 iphones in that duration (since that post :) ).

Regardless, I want the most bang for my buck and I refuse to be an uninformed consumer (my dig against CRapple owners, and their willingness to follow the previous lemming right off the cliff).

Corey

(Lemmings: I know they aren't ACTUALLY jumping off a cliff, but most understand he analogy.)

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Yes, valid point. When I was looking for that post last night I realized I joined the "Soon" from another post (regarding 1.08 I think it was) and the post I linked. BUT, as I mentioned, that was eons ago. I think CRapple has released 2 iphones in that duration (since that post :) ).

Regardless, I want the most bang for my buck and I refuse to be an uninformed consumer (my dig against CRapple owners, and their willingness to follow the previous lemming right off the cliff).

Corey

(Lemmings: I know they aren't ACTUALLY jumping off a cliff, but most understand he analogy.)

It is important for us all to try to keep this thread on topic, maybe some are interested in your buying desires and opinions but they are not in keeping with the topic and as this is an international forum with a wide age group not all would understand your derogatory 'CRapple' reference and again has nothing to do with the threads topic.

No I am not the forum police! but that does not stop me from expressing my opinion as you have done with yours, I think your questions have been answered to the best they will be for the time being and it is now time to move on!

David

octocine

I'm hoping my Super-X flight controller will arrive this week. I fly fpv for filming and wanted to know if people that are flying fpv in "Atti" mode have tried using the centering spring for the throttle. Seems it might the nice to know when you're holding elevation when you're flying with the goggles, but I realize it could also be more dangerous in some situations, such as if you accidentally switched to manual mode. Pros and Cons? Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
don't do that, you will get hurt... get an airplane model radio, it has a ratchet throttle, it is easy to tell between on click above or below center,,, so makes it easy to fly

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
don't do that, you will get hurt... get an airplane model radio, it has a ratchet throttle, it is easy to tell between on click above or below center,,, so makes it easy to fly

+1 listen to Kloner you will do yourself some serious damage with a self centering throttle

David

skquad

+2. Don't put a spring in your throttle.

What I have done on my 9XR is to set a safety switch that sets my throttle channel to 50%. This effectively locks me into altitude hold ignoring all input from the throttle stick.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

octocine

Thanks for the advice guys. It was also pointed out to me that the OSD has a throttle percentage on screen, so it should be easy enough to watch the percent throttle and know if you're ascending or descending slightly.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Drew told me last week that they are back ordered until March 15. The product page states the same now.

Does anyone have a link to the dimensions of the units? Specifically I'm looking for the height of the FC and the width of the I/O.

Thanks.

skquad

Drew told me last week that they are back ordered until March 15. The product page states the same now.

Does anyone have a link to the dimensions of the units? Specifically I'm looking for the height of the FC and the width of the I/O.

Thanks.

Height of FC is 27mm and width of IO is 36.7mm

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think I saw that cnchelicopter.com had 3 available!

Thanks for the heads up. I had never seen that sight before. BuddyRC has some in stock, but not the basic version.

Earl, thanks fle the heads up. I thought I'd find dimensions on the site. I'll download the manual now that I'm putting the order in.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Finally pulled the trigger on the superx. Thanks for the heads up on the CNCheli availability. Now I just need to figure out a GPS holder (I think only drew includes that).

Thanks for for all the great info here. Really helped with the purchase decision.

Now ow I have plenty of time to build and tune, since the 20" snowstorm is in full effect here.... :)