XAircraft SuperX

kloner

Aerial DP
mine is sbus so i leave it powered in but like he said, the esc servo lead goes to the rx, a 4 way splitter if you got it..... makes it faster

mediaguru

No, not unless the RX is powered by the superx. you plug the servo lead to each ESC directly to throttle output channel of your receiver. After you finish, plug all servos back into superx, and continue with superx stick cal.

As I learned, this process should be followed EXACTLY.

noid1037

As I learned, this process should be followed EXACTLY.

i am connecting the ESC connector to channel 1 of the Spektrum AR9020 RX with the X Aircraft controller powering the RX. The setup is not making tones/beeps to calibrate the ESC's.....the throttle is at 100 % and throttled down as the directions indicate.... I checked out a you tube video showing the process and see that there is a beep when throttled down.... I'm not getting that reaction. I will do double check tomorrow and record the process.... Tonight is nfl football time

mediaguru

I did the process without the SuperX, giving power to the ESC from my PDB. You should get a program beep when powering up with throttle at 100%. If you don't, then perhaps make sure to test your channel and make sure it is properly mapped in your TX. I did so by hooking up a $6 servo and making sure it moved when I moved the throttle.

noid1037

what brand esc are they?

games as good as over already

They are ztw spider opto 30a... Again the XA controller is powering the receiver and I am attaching the ESC servo connector to the throtle connection on the Spektrum AR9020 port.... Not getting any response when going thru the process....

noid1037

Try a servo and make sure there's signal on that channel.
Not to ask a stupid question... I'm sure it's been asked before... How do I check for signal on a channel..... Please elaborate or point to a link to verify the information.... Thanks for the help.

mediaguru

Not to ask a stupid question... I'm sure it's been asked before... How do I check for signal on a channel..... Please elaborate or point to a link to verify the information.... Thanks for the help.

I mentioned previously. You can attach a cheap servo to the outputs of the transmitter then move your throttle. If the servo moves, you know it is working and can eliminate the channel output as a possible problem. I found a servo for $6 at my local hobby shop.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Are there any beeps at all when you power up the MR without trying to mess with the calibration? Have you fired up the rig and know that throttle is properly mapped to channel 1 of your receiver?

mediaguru"s suggestion of using a servo is an easy test to make sure you've got proper signal coming from the the rolls channel output.

Holger

Ok guys here is the question,
I read now a lot in this and other threads about super x.
I hear it flies smooth but I also read about a lot of problems.
I am a MK man through and through, and have a distrust against DJI for some reasons.
All the professional rigs are MK.

Now I want to build a 900mm Y6 with 4012 400 kv engines and 15" props.
About 5-6 kg AUW maybe a gh4 or Sony pj hanycam.
I was attracted to super x as it flying smooth and has a black box. That's something I really appreciate on MK.
Just can't really justify the cost of a full MK setup for a private copter I will use for fun, practice and maybe some real-estates or inspection work.
But somehow I can't really make up my mind.

I am looking for a smoothly flying, RELIABLE rig.

Reading through this thread there seem to be soo many problems.
On the other hand I am aware that typically many fly without issues and only come to/post in forum threads when they have a problem.
So should I go with something like super x or better stay with MK, with all the telemetry features, voice feedback and proven characteristics?

What else can I go with?
Tried APM and Pixhawk, all ok but no matter what I do it's just not as smooth as MK.
Naza or A2 I wouldn't touch with a stick, wookong ok, but no black box, double the money and still DJI.
Please help me! (;-)
Not sure what to do?
Also read about a lot of yaw issues with super x and quite a few who gave up and went back to DJI.
Go for it or better not?
Where are all the 'yeah best evaaaa' posts?
Any advice?
Thanks

Undecided , sceptical but open to advice H..

Last edited by a moderator:

mediaguru

First I don't think ANY system out there you'll find only posts which are trouble free. That's what most of these forums do for us, is provide us a place to discuss our issue and resolve problems. The amount of issues one sees with the SuperX is minimal in my opinion and I've never heard of a "fly away." You DO year the words "stable" and "solid" and "stability" all the time and they are true all the way. My quad with a Naza still drifts after a year of tweaking it but my SuperX does not drift at all.

I'm at about 80 flights on my T960 with only two hiccups, which are probably pilot error (switching to manual accidentally). The only issues I've had have to do with getting ESC's setup and I have some more issues today, but that's part of the game. See next post.

Ok guys here is the question,
I read now a lot in this and other threads about super x.
I hear it flies smooth but I also read about a lot of problems.
I am a MK man through and through, and have a distrust against DJI for some reasons.
All the professional rigs are MK.

Now I want to build a 900mm Y6 with 4012 400 kv engines and 15" props.
About 5-6 kg AUW maybe a gh4 or Sony pj hanycam.
I was attracted to super x as it flying smooth and has a black box. That's something I really appreciate on MK.
Just can't really justify the cost of a full MK setup for a private copter I will use for fun, practice and maybe some real-estates or inspection work.
But somehow I can't really make up my mind.

I am looking for a smoothly flying, RELIABLE rig.

Reading through this thread there seem to be soo many problems.
On the other hand I am aware that typically many fly without issues and only come to/post in forum threads when they have a problem.
So should I go with something like super x or better stay with MK, with all the telemetry features, voice feedback and proven characteristics?

What else can I go with?
Tried APM and Pixhawk, all ok but no matter what I do it's just not as smooth as MK.
Naza or A2 I wouldn't touch with a stick, wookong ok, but no black box, double the money and still DJI.
Please help me! (;-)
Not sure what to do?
Also read about a lot of yaw issues with super x and quite a few who gave up and went back to DJI.
Go for it or better not?
Where are all the 'yeah best evaaaa' posts?
Any advice?
Thanks

Undecided , sceptical but open to advice H..

noid1037

Thanks to the forum here for assisting me in the process to calibrate the quad I am building. Using the a HiTec HS-55 servo to see if there is signal from the Spektrum DX9 to the AR9020.... When the servo is connected to the throttle of the ar 9020 and the XA controller is powered up the servo is making a noise... A very quick clicking sound..... The servo does not move though as the throtle is powered up or down... I do have two servos if that is needed for troubleshooting...to check another channel on the Spektrum rx.
Some other info... I did send the TX, RX and the XA flight setup to Drew at XA him to calibrate and ensure the settings are correct....

noid1037

Thanks to the forum here for assisting me in the process to calibrate the quad I am building. Using the a HiTec HS-55 servo to see if there is signal from the Spektrum DX9 to the AR9020.... When the servo is connected to the throttle of the ar 9020 and the XA controller is powered up the servo is making a noise... A very quick clicking sound..... The servo does not move though as the throtle is powered up or down... I do have two servos if that is needed for troubleshooting...to check another channel on the Spektrum rx.
Some other info... I did send the TX, RX and the XA flight setup to Drew at XA him to calibrate and ensure the settings are correct....

noid1037

Never mind, I'm getting very close... Had a kink that I was plugging the servo into the bind port.... Dumb momennt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 159

noid1037

Okay everyone... Ultimate thanks for the help! I have calibrated the ESC's and they came out fine from all accounts... They did a one beep and then a couple beeps....By the way the servo did work on the throttle channel on the AR 9020. Maybe a quick question.... The flight mode does switch and I did the throttle/stick calibration... One thing that is missing it seems is the four beeps of the ESC's...
from looking other videos that I see.... I tried to arm the motors as well... No dice.attached is my video when I power the quad up... Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks again to all you all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Seems like you should be getting some type of beeps when you power up. Was the transmitter on?

Media: did you get your issue figured out? It seems I recall someone having a similar issue with the files/software gone missing when an anti-virus program deleted it or something???

mediaguru

Seems like you should be getting some type of beeps when you power up. Was the transmitter on?

Media: did you get your issue figured out? It seems I recall someone having a similar issue with the files/software gone missing when an anti-virus program deleted it or something???

Transmitter should be on, throttle down.

NO. Bird not flying. Can't download the files. No answer from Drew or XA yet (weekend). Really irritated I can't fly now. The weather is perfect. Great lighting and NO wind.