XAircraft SuperX

Aerovideo

Yep, no superX connected. Plug the ESC directly into the throttle channel of your receiver. Make sure no prop is on the connected motor just in case. Turn on your radio and set it to full throttle. Plug in the ESC and and you will hear the programming beeps, then move stick to lowest throttle. You'll hear a confirmation beep and that's it.

I actually soldered up a one to 8 servo wire so I could do all my escs at once :)

Dax

Yep, no superX connected. Plug the ESC directly into the throttle channel of your receiver. Make sure no prop is on the connected motor just in case. Turn on your radio and set it to full throttle. Plug in the ESC and and you will hear the programming beeps, then move stick to lowest throttle. You'll hear a confirmation beep and that's it.

I actually soldered up a one to 8 servo wire so I could do all my escs at once :)

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

chad2323

Wondering if anyone has put a SuperX on a Qav400 and does it handle it pretty good? I know it has troubles with the TBS so I was just wondering.

Thank's

Dax

Ok, yes I will give that a try tonight, do i go from the receiver to the esc and take the superx out of it ?

Ok, today I was able to test and all is good so far, but I do need to adj the gains some. I found the problem and you will not believe with I found. 5 out of 6 brand new ESC's BAD! UNBELIEVABLE.

Dax

Wondering if anyone has put a SuperX on a Qav400 and does it handle it pretty good? I know it has troubles with the TBS so I was just wondering.

Thank's

I have it in a Tarot T960 C/F Folding Hexacopter with Hobbywing 40A OPTO flyfun ESC and foxtech 5008 340kv motors, had some problems but it was bad ESC's. the SuperX is nice. I think it will have no problem with the Qav400.

Zirt57

How many times do you calibrate your compass every different place's you go to fly or what.

I pretty well calibrate my compass each new location I go (or if I go on different days). I've gotten pretty good at it and usually nail it each time. Only takes a minute.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

Dax

How many times do you calibrate your compass every different place's you go to fly or what.

Will I just got the SuperX so still learning about it first time experience was a bad one because of bad ESC's, I don't know the radius of SuperX but with the DJI WKM I calibrate it if I go out side of a 5 mile radius.

Dhardjono

Will I just got the SuperX so still learning about it first time experience was a bad one because of bad ESC's, I don't know the radius of SuperX but with the DJI WKM I calibrate it if I go out side of a 5 mile radius.

Dax that how i use to do it i get scared of run away now since i have a lot with dji naza but so far super x been real good i want to try the super x on qav 400 when i get one soon i hope have you fix your problem yet? There a blck box on super x which is really nice to have.

Dax

Dax that how i use to do it i get scared of run away now since i have a lot with dji naza but so far super x been real good i want to try the super x on qav 400 when i get one soon i hope have you fix your problem yet? There a blck box on super x which is really nice to have.

Yes all fix. I just need to adj the gains some. yap the blck box is nice a big help, you can see a lot of stuf, I wish the wkm had it. I have the s800 with wkm and the data down link and 50 way points but I have NO TRUST in DJI stuf with all those horror stories out there. so I have a S800 that just sits there doing nothing and collecting dust. I flew it about 4 time and no problems I just don't trust it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

chad2323

I have it in a Tarot T960 C/F Folding Hexacopter with Hobbywing 40A OPTO flyfun ESC and foxtech 5008 340kv motors, had some problems but it was bad ESC's. the SuperX is nice. I think it will have no problem with the Qav400.

Yea I'm about to order another SuperX for my next qav400 build. Right now I have one on my 650 and loving it. Best part is I trust it. Should have it built this week and I will post back how it's flying.

Chet

Dax

Yea I'm about to order another SuperX for my next qav400 build. Right now I have one on my 650 and loving it. Best part is I trust it. Should have it built this week and I will post back how it's flying.

Chet
yes please keep us posted, good luck.

DH106

Unexplained Quad Crash - SuperX Log ?!!

After 5 months of faultless flying with my SuperX Quad, I just had a completely unexplained failure and crash :upset::dejection:

Third flight of the day, and only about 4mins into a 5000mAh LiPo that normally gives around 9mins duration.
Basically just hovering around 30ft when all power seems to go on all 4 motors together and the Quad drops like a brick.
This wasn't a LiPo failure as the Quad's LED's remained lit during the fall, and in the very last moment before impact power seems to come back on for an instant like the SuperX is trying to recover it.

I was thinking I would upload the log file to the Black Box URL and post-mortem it, but when I checked the 'Log' folder on my SuperX it turns out to be completely EMPTY! Now I do remember that over the Christmas break I upgraded the firmware to 1.08 using the instructions on Drew's XAircraft site, & one of the instructions was to delete the existing log file as it would be incompatible with the new 1.08 firmware. So I guess my question here is - why hasn't it apparently written any logs since ?! That data would have been damn invaluable in diagnosing my issue.

The only evidence I now have is the vid. shot by the GoPro my Quad was carrying (which fortunately survived the crash, although the Tarot gimbal is damaged). The vid. shows that the motor note changes for a second or so just before all 4 motors stop. Just before impact, they start again - but it's obviously too late to stop the crash.

I've uploaded the last 30secs or so of the vid. : http://youtu.be/o2AVRsVS37A

Anyone any insights or thoughts as to the cause - much appreciated.
I have to say that my confidence in the SuperX before today was ROCK SOLID, but it's pretty shaken now - I really wanna get to the bottom of this before I spend money on a new Quad frame - I need to bottom the cause, Thanks.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
After 5 months of faultless flying with my SuperX Quad, I just had a completely unexplained failure and crash :upset::dejection:

Third flight of the day, and only about 4mins into a 5000mAh LiPo that normally gives around 9mins duration.
Basically just hovering around 30ft when all power seems to go on all 4 motors together and the Quad drops like a brick.
This wasn't a LiPo failure as the Quad's LED's remained lit during the fall, and in the very last moment before impact power seems to come back on for an instant like the SuperX is trying to recover it.

I was thinking I would upload the log file to the Black Box URL and post-mortem it, but when I checked the 'Log' folder on my SuperX it turns out to be completely EMPTY! Now I do remember that over the Christmas break I upgraded the firmware to 1.08 using the instructions on Drew's XAircraft site, & one of the instructions was to delete the existing log file as it would be incompatible with the new 1.08 firmware. So I guess my question here is - why hasn't it apparently written any logs since ?! That data would have been damn invaluable in diagnosing my issue.

The only evidence I now have is the vid. shot by the GoPro my Quad was carrying (which fortunately survived the crash, although the Tarot gimbal is damaged). The vid. shows that the motor note changes for a second or so just before all 4 motors stop. Just before impact, they start again - but it's obviously too late to stop the crash.

I have to say that my confidence in the SuperX before today was ROCK SOLID, but it's pretty shaken now - I really wanna get to the bottom of this before I spend money on a new Quad frame - I need to bottom the cause, Thanks.

It's electronics, has happened to me but not with SX, check the wiring harness from battery to SX, replace the harness if you can as a short can be hard to find.

I don't have an explanation for the log file other than to say you should again install 1.08 check the software to ensure 1.08 is installed, if you can bench run the system the moment the motors start a log file will be written you can check this by running Black Box, if no log then you have a place to start.

Good Luck

David

Dax

Check your ESC's I had 5 out of 6 brand new ESC's go bad on the first test flight so I was lucky it did not get off the ground. after replacing all the esc no problems so far, let us know if you find anything.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've been reading this entire thread over the past few days - really getting excited about the idea of one of these FCs. I was a little surprised to see that Drew had not been on for a bit, based on all the great feedback about customer support. Then I read DH106's post....

So sorry to hear about the crash and damage. It does sound like some type of short or cold solder point, especially since it then came back for a second (like a vibration could have regained a contact).

Good luck sussing it out. Keep us posted.

Scott

Aerovideo

Hey DH106,

Sorry to see your crash, that really sucks. I have a thought just because I've personally seen this behavior before when flying FPV. Not sure if you were flying FPV or how far away you were but the following may be a possibility. Sucks about the Black Box not recording, seems like that would be a sure way to diagnose the fault.

Not sure how far out you were with your quad but that looks exactly like a receiver losing signal and going into failsafe but the failsafe was never set so it goes to default of throttle off. I've wrecked several quads this way with 2.4GHz gear before I switched to UHF gear. If you get too far away with 2.4GHz gear and you have an FPV camera and transmitter on board it can go into failsafe. One time I had it recover just like yours but I was lucky enough to be higher off the ground. I was only about 200m away.

How far away were you flying? Did you set the failsafe in the Rx?

This may not be the problem, just mentioning what I have seen in the past with my gear.

Here's a REALLY OLD video of mine where I had a similar issue:

Here's another REALLY OLD video that is really close to what you had happen (goto 1:40)

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

I've been reading this entire thread over the past few days - really getting excited about the idea of one of these FCs. I was a little surprised to see that Drew had not been on for a bit, based on all the great feedback about customer support. Then I read DH106's post....

So sorry to hear about the crash and damage. It does sound like some type of short or cold solder point, especially since it then came back for a second (like a vibration could have regained a contact).

Good luck sussing it out. Keep us posted.

Scott

I've noticed Drew tends to reply in spurts, not sure if he has a day job and only sells stuff on the side or what but he has been helpful when he's been on. I like to buy locally so he's been my source for my SuperX.

Admittedly, I'm pretty new to the Super X but have flown a variety of other FC's and so far I'm really impressed with the Super X and recommend it completely.

I think you'll be really happy with it.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Paul.

I like to buy locally when possible as well, and Drew's input here has been really great. So he has my sale when the time comes. But this thread also had a fair amount of "DJI-MIA" references, so after reading DH106's post, I noted that he hadn't been on in a while.

Hopefully he and the home office can help DH106, because this is literally the first negative report I've read in 100's of posts.

Unfortunately I'm too new to this game to really help - other than to have experienced similar issues with motorcycle wiring. Shorts and cold solder points can be the hardest thing to trace because of the inconsistencies involved. There is currently a post on this forum where a user found that inside the WKM FC a single ESC solder point was not soldered. There was enough contact for it to work perfectly one moment, crash and lose the MR the next. He would have never found the issue if he hadn't opened the box (which I'm assuming most owners don't do).

It would be nice to see this first mentioned problem solved in a timely manner. It seems all these positive posts and successful flights could possibly leave people forgetting how fragile/flaky these systems can be, even for the best pilots and rigs.

But 519 positive posts, and only 1 problem says a lot to me about the quality of this product.