Course Lock and Home Lock

Kolb

A bit confused about the difference between the two, I've read the manual over and over but somehow I am unable to visualize what happens.

In practical use, you always fly in course lock and only use home lock when you totally lost orientation and want to bring the craft back to it's original position? Is that about right?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
No, you never fly in either unless you need to.

Home lock..... you can fly off in the distance, loose orientation and turn it on, pull back on the stick and it will return to its home position which would have been set by GPS when initialized.
Course lock..... allows you to fly a certain course, I.E. you can orientate your craft for maybe a video shoot, lock it on that course and it "SHOULD" not deviate from that course, again dependent on GPS.

Neither will engage until your craft is about 20+ meters out I think... The manual will explain this, and I suggest you have a read about it. Probably will explain a lot more detail and will be more correct than I.

Just to expand on what Dean said…
You should have IOC turned off for normal flying so that the nose always is motion forward orientation. The two IOC modes allow you to point the nose to where you want, and fly in any direction you wish.
For example, you could use Course mode on the football field and orient it such that forward moves the aircraft along the length of the football field. But as you fly the aircraft down the field, you can yaw the aircraft to point to the person/object you are recording.
One small correction to what Dean said, Course mode works regardless of distance from the takeoff spot, and for home lock you need to be at least 10m away.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Thank you for the correction PPWB... I thought I may have been slightly off... now where is that manual....lol

Kolb

Dean and PPWB, great. Your explanation is exactly how I figured it out in my head on how it should work and with the practical examples. I just like to have a real person, call it experts, confirm my thoughts.

I should work on explaining things better though :)

Cheers!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
PPWB, you are quite right with that statement.
Kolb, you are very welcome, that is why we hang out here, to share and help.
-----------------------------
Sent using my fingers on my electronic telecommunicating device thingy via Tapatalk 2