Hoverfly Something Big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspencer1

They're just keeping things quiet to get a leg up on the competition. This market is moving so quickly they can't afford to post any information about what their doing. They need something that will keep them competing for some time. I hope so anyway!

I find it very difficult to believe that they are so busy being innovative that they don't have time to drop a quick note on the forum. They once had a regular presence here, and I fear that they still read the forums from time to time, but don't have anything to say.

There was talk about gps firmware updates coming with improvements in all aspects of performance, but despite reading about summer dates and hearing any day now during phone conversations nothing is being said.

I like the pro flight controller and liked the gimbal board before going brushless, but I'd have a difficult time investing in another product of theirs based on failure to deliver on promises.

Hi All,
I'm also starting to lose faith in Hoverfly, I logged a query on the zendesk a week ago and still no response, it was a simple gimbal query.
Has anybody made a phone call to them lately? I'm in Cape Town so calling is a little expensive.
Cheers,
Andre

Stacky

I think there will be more following given the HFP is coming up to 3 years old. HF need to keep up. The AH isnt anywhere near as good as the NAZA, I have only had a brief play with the GPS board but it sounds like every other FC GPS board out there is better. My HFP boards will continue to do what i want well but it seems the other manufacturers are moving forward and these guys are just so quiet. Im keen to hear how you get on with the superx, I would like to give one of those a spin soon.

I have lost faith, I just purchased another FC :(

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!
Me too, have just purchased a Mikrokopter.

I will keep my Hoverfly in the hope that GPS etc. gets sorted out.

But not going to hold my breath !!

Krzysiek

I will do the same. I've started reading about APM, I bought version 2.6 to have waypoint navigation.

Aerovideo, what FC did you buy?

What a pity. Just imagine guys, two years ago I was torn apart between Wookong and HF... what a pity I chose HF...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

I picked up the new SuperX from Xaircraft. I know they had some struggles with their previous generation controller, of course everyone was back then. But this one seems to be really good and no reports of fly-aways thus far. Plus it's supposed to be super easy to setup, similar to HF.

I looked at the APM stuff and while impressive it does seem a lot more involved to setup. I need simple :nevreness:

Yeah the GPS support never did materialize from Hoverfly. Not too sure I'm a fan of the DJI stuff though.

I will do the same. I've started reading about APM, I bought version 2.6 to have waypoint navigation.

Aerovideo, what FC did you buy?

What a pity. Just imagine guys, two years ago I was torn apart between Wookong and HF... what a pity I chose HF...

Aerovideo

My first Hoverfly Pro board has over 2000 flights on it and it's still going strong.

I do have one dead Hoverfly Pro black board and one questionable Hoverfly Sport board but my other 3 pro boards are fine as are my other 2 sport boards. My GPS board is basically a paper weight but I decided to plop it on anyway for the OSD features it adds.

They fly fantastic in manual mode. Unfortunately, that's all they do and they are EXPENSIVE and HUGE for what they are.

There's no doubting they produce smooth flight, and you've done some amazing videos with them. They just don't have any of the other features of more modern flight controllers.

What is wrong with your dead HFP board? I have fixed some others that I thought were dead. PM me a photo of what fried, maybe it is repairable. I'd make use of it ;)

Aerovideo

There is nothing visibly wrong with the board, but connected to the computer the gyros are going CRAZY. I've surely ruined it by now as I've tried to reflow the solder in the oven twice. No dice. Plus I've been using it as a template for testing configurations. It's been used and abused since it died. :)

I was just giving you a hard time. Sorry. :)

No worries - I figured you were joking.

I'm just trying to prove my point that the Hoverfly Pro is a very reliable board. Never given us a bit of problems that I can remember. Once I set it up on a frame, I don't have to worry about it. And that's worth a lot to me.

kloner

Aerial DP
I never had a hoverfly let me down, but because there not 6s ready it takes a voltage regulator to the power into the board. Two things happen, the osd voltage is wrong and it can fail, in fact it did and it sent a skyjib into the ocean. Just powered off during a 20-30mph flight....That was enough hoverfly for me......

Stacky

You know you can calibrate the OSD battery?. I have been using the OSD battery for over a year now on 2 different boards in 3-4 different machines and have never seen it fail. Weird one. How does the OSD battery failing cause a rig to crash?

I ask this so i can know what to look out for.

I never had a hoverfly let me down, but because there not 6s ready it takes a voltage regulator to the power into the board. Two things happen, the osd voltage is wrong and it can fail, in fact it did and it sent a skyjib into the ocean. Just powered off during a 20-30mph flight....That was enough hoverfly for me......

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.