Hoverfly Something Big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Y'all want someone from Hoverfly to chime in ... so here I am.

I really wish I knew what that "something big" was. I honestly don't have any idea what marketing had in mind when that post was made. Maybe they were trying to emulate the "big guys" by posting a teaser and never responding to any questions about it? :frog:

To be frank, I am probably the only person in this company who has the time to scan through the forums on a regular basis. While I like to think I have a good grasp on what we do here, but I am by no means the expert; I rely on the engineers. In those situations where I am able to act as a conduit between you and the engineers, it just makes more sense to do so via direct contact - either through email, phone, or Zendesk.

So while I understand the public desire to see more activity on the forums, the simple fact is that it would have to come from me. And if it comes from me, most of it is going to be, "I don't know the answer to that question. Please submit a Zendesk ticket and I'll send it to the engineers," or else "I can't comment on that." I don't like this being the case, but unfortunately it is.

Ben,

Welcome back. Quite frankly, I'm not comfortable dealing with a company that doesn't want to address problems in public. The zendesk might be great for product specific issues and justified return requests but when it all goes underground via your built in system then we all miss out and the community at large doesn't evolve in a way that is beneficial to your products. a question that is addressed in public is a benefit to everyone as it may save current users a trip to the repair bench and comfort new users by showing there's an active and supportive community. as it is now, the flow of info has dried up and we're all relying on very aged data and techniques to keep us flying.

If the engineers can't say there's something happening then there's obviously nothing happening. You're not a multi-national corporation, walk out of your cubical to the next one and ask the engineers why it's taking so long to develop a fix for a rather expensive gps board that behaves much less reliably than similarly equipped boards.

If you don't know enough about the products to be a useful customer service person then maybe one of the engineers should be here discussing things and seeing why HF users (including me) are about out of patience.

If you don't make enough money from the market we represent than stop ****ing around and pull the plug already!

My apologies if this is all shocking to you.

Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

michael f

Ben,

Welcome back. Quite frankly, I'm not comfortable dealing with a company that doesn't want to address problems in public. The zendesk might be great for product specific issues and justified return requests but when it all goes underground via your built in system then we all miss out and the community at large doesn't evolve in a way that is beneficial to your products. a question that is addressed in public is a benefit to everyone as it may save current users a trip to the repair bench and comfort new users by showing there's an active and supportive community. as it is now, the flow of info has dried up and we're all relying on very aged data and techniques to keep us flying.

If the engineers can't say there's something happening then there's obviously nothing happening. You're not a multi-national corporation, walk out of your cubical to the next one and ask the engineers why it's taking so long to develop a fix for a rather expensive gps board that behaves much less reliably than similarly equipped boards.

If you don't know enough about the products to be a useful customer service person then maybe one of the engineers should be here discussing things and seeing why HF users (including me) are about out of patience.

If you don't make enough money from the market we represent than stop ****ing around and pull the plug already!

Bart

Here here!

workshop

Ben,

Bart

Now THAT is Something Big!

Stacky

I will continue using my HFP boards because I love how they fly and they do exactly what I want and need, however I am trying to develop a waterproof Hexa and instead of buying another HFP for that job i will be buying another FC, not sure which one yet but it wont be HF.

workshop

I took a short cut... :) Not the best flyer but it was a quick build.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1386916818.073952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1386916818.073952.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 396

workshop

Thanks man! The trick was ESC thermal management in dead air. If I did it again, I'd incorporate a small DC fan to keep air moving inside the box. It was designed for sea bird research and can land and take off from smooth ocean. it can float and record for hours, flight time is 10 minutes.

Photo Elevate

Gravity always wins!!!
Thanks man! The trick was ESC thermal management in dead air. If I did it again, I'd incorporate a small DC fan to keep air moving inside the box. It was designed for sea bird research and can land and take off from smooth ocean. it can float and record for hours, flight time is 10 minutes.

Just a thought may be a fan would make things hotter like a fan assisted oven,

What about using 12v thermoelectric coolers on ESC's with heat sinks built into sides of enclosure

jazzboy

All this and Colin Quinn is just a giant pretentious ****. He should be in sales of used cigarette boats or renting jacked up Hummers to douche nozzles trying to score on the Vegas strip.

I heard Colin is up for the next ShamWow rep position. DJI takes zero responsibility when their stuff goes south. Too bad, it will bite them on the behind soon enough.

sgeprods

I heard Colin is up for the next ShamWow rep position. DJI takes zero responsibility when their stuff goes south. Too bad, it will bite them on the behind soon enough.

And you reckon HFP aren't doing the same? At least he puts it out there,,,, and they haven't ditched their customers… and they dont treat them like mushrooms by keeping them in the dark & feed them bulls***. No comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

And you reckon HFP aren't doing the same? At least he puts it out there,,,, and they haven't ditched their customers… and they dont treat them like mushrooms by keeping them in the dark & feed them bulls***. No comparison.

Your right, no comparison, cut through all the marketing crap from everyone HFPro is a FC for professionals and its unfortunate what is happening, DJI is a toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.