Show your FPV video

FPV Quad Recovered after 3 months in tree canopy

http://youtu.be/DYW9y3jYurE
Flying FPV intent on doing some tree skimming when it all went wrong. I lost the video feed from my F450 and crashed into the tree canopy behind my house. The leaf canopy was thick at that time of year (September) and despite hours of searching we were unable to find it.:upset:

In late November the leaves had dropped and we searched again. We eventually found the quad wedged in a tree about 60 feet up. At the age of 70 I have given up climbing trees and I managed to persuade a younger fitter guy to climb the tree and recover it.

Despite being in the wind and rain for almost 3 months the damage was minimal. I lost the motors, 3 props and the OSD electronics. The frame, landing gear and GoPro camera are undamaged and I recovered the video. I dried out the Naza, GPS and ESC’s and to my amazement they are all still fully operational!!!:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
http://youtu.be/DYW9y3jYurE
Flying FPV intent on doing some tree skimming when it all went wrong. I lost the video feed from my F450 and crashed into the tree canopy behind my house. The leaf canopy was thick at that time of year (September) and despite hours of searching we were unable to find it.:upset:

In late November the leaves had dropped and we searched again. We eventually found the quad wedged in a tree about 60 feet up. At the age of 70 I have given up climbing trees and I managed to persuade a younger fitter guy to climb the tree and recover it.

Despite being in the wind and rain for almost 3 months the damage was minimal. I lost the motors, 3 props and the OSD electronics. The frame, landing gear and GoPro camera are undamaged and I recovered the video. I dried out the Naza, GPS and ESC’s and to my amazement they are all still fully operational!!!:tennis:

Oh dear, nice one getting it back. My worst loss was an xAircraft quad and gopro etc that auto landed in a lake, never getting that one back. :)

ryhza

had few weeks off been bussy with other things but i meet up with another local fpv'er for the first time had a ball heres couple vids

ryhza

this one's a better edited one my friend i fly with did pretty cool

ryhza

here's latest video of me and mate buzzing around fpv yesterday used both our footage to make it little more interesting

ryhza

nice video tamulmol here's quick one i did up from some old footage few weeks ago

ryhza

Video my friend did up today of his hoverthings quad from the mornings fpv flight

tamulmol

Ryhza, what lens size are you using on your flight cam? im using 3.6mm, not sure if its the best size for proximity flying.

ryhza

cheers lads im just using stock lens comes on the fatshark 600tvl with my dominators get very nice picture, heres a full manual mode fpv i did today naza v2 and my discovery

tamulmol

I think fatshark is also 3.6mm. You have nice flying site for fast proximity flying, mine is too tight, need to cut some trees lol. It's fun flying in manual mode, when i learned manual, I rarely fly atti and I dont fly gps :)