Share Your FPV Camera Expirence with SecurityCamera2000

kloner

Aerial DP
full-image.php

Hi kloner and DesJardins, I received my disco parts but am perplexed as to how you fit these PZ0513 board cameras to the disco. The circuit boards are 38.5 mm square, the DJI legs are only 37mm high, I know that G10 flexes but the camera retaining plate needs to slot in and with the g10 spread apart an extra 1.5 mm?
Could you please let me know how you fitted yours (I assume you both did it the same way).
Thanks and regards - bruce

kloner

Aerial DP
when you look at the front of the cam, it should have a upside down L shape on the lens housing, from the back, the big long plug towards the outside of the frame and the connector closest to the bottom plate.

You have to carefuly remove the screws on the lens part (careful not to loose the spacers on the back that secures the heat sink) and place that plate that came with your kit to the front of the cam and secure the lens back down. that should have the little notch top and bottom,,,,,, that fits into the corresponding holes in the frame. I use a dab of goop to keep it in place.

Is that piece that i mention in the paragraph above shorter than the cameras board?

Are you in the states?

Hi kloner thanks for the reply and information on how to fit the camera to the mounting plate.

QUOTE ""Is that piece that i mention in the paragraph above shorter than the cameras board?""

No the piece (TBS camera mounting plate) is 40.5 mm high and camera board is 38.5 mm high.

What I was worried about is the size of the camera circuit board being roughly 38 mm square and the distance between the Disco upper and lower plate only being 37mm. But I notice you mention that you use goop to hold it in place otherwise I assume the cameras holding/retaining plate could slip out of its location slots in the disco top and bottom plate.

Again thanks very much kloner, I am in South Australia and can not get goop but I will use a bit of silicon sealer instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
anything glue like that can be removed will work

when you crash it keeps the camera from getting ejected, tugging your wires, etc.

no problem, enjoy that thing

690TVL Ultra WDR Pixim SEAWOLF Sensor Chip OSD Camera 2.8mm Wide View camera is on sale for $67 today. Thought I would give it a try. Also added a 3.6mm lens to swap if needed.

larryfl1

what is currently the best fpv camera to use for a multirotor? can you put the link up also?

i see many choices, what is the preferred best to get???

kloner

Aerial DP
the pixim seawolf cams they sell are the best there is.... pz0513, i like 2.8mm, but 3.6 is more normal. The 3.6 makes me feel close, the 2.8 for some reason relaxes me near the ground

that is a 3.6mm lens

half way in when looking at the sun isn't so easy is from water built up on the lens form the waves spray

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that's the same thing just with a heavy case. it's not waterproof so the only real difference is it's heavier

the fpv themed rides have spots made for board cams
DSC00979%20%281024x574%29_795.jpg

DSC01394%20%281024x574%29_795.jpg

_DSC2677%20%281024x575%29_795.jpg

003%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

DSC01246%20%281024x575%29_795.jpg