Phobotic Centerpiece Brushless Gimbal Controller

Cameraj

I changed back to( 8 )m3 hard rubber mounts and took out the wire loop style mount, i think the Cp like a firm mount. I'm have lowered the p on the pitch around a thousand point the buzz on the tilt is gone. I flew the other day and I still get micro vibration, I have spent some much time on this board and I have 2 of them. So what do I do now? I think it looked better with the wire loop but the pitch doesn't like it, I'm dooing my testing than filming,

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I changed back to( 8 )m3 hard rubber mounts and took out the wire loop style mount, i think the Cp like a firm mount. I'm have lowered the p on the pitch around a thousand point the buzz on the tilt is gone. I flew the other day and I still get micro vibration, I have spent some much time on this board and I have 2 of them. So what do I do now? I think it looked better with the wire loop but the pitch doesn't like it, I'm dooing my testing than filming,

use zip ties and whatever else is necessary to make the mount to the heli as stiff as possible. then go out and buy the adult beverage of your choice, put on music (also of your choice, I'd recommend a mid 70's vintage Who album), and get your props balanced as perfectly as possible.

then go out and try it again. i had my camera mounts very nearly rigidly mounted to my helicopters and they worked great but I drank a lot and lost most of my hearing while balancing props!

Cameraj, the issues are unrelated to each other. If you have problems when pitching down, it's not the mount that at fault but the physics of the gimbal and how pitching affects the roll (and to a lesser degree, yaw) axes. This requires a slight detune of the roll axis if it happens. Nothing to do with the damper mount.

Cameraj

First off, thanks for all the imput and help :)
I tried to adjust the roll to get rid of the buzz on pitch with a wireloop style dampnening plate with no luck, I adjusted the yaw and the buzz went away but now I get jumps in the yaw and instability of the yaw lose of posi in flight. Now I have 8 m3 hard rubber mounts and i get vibration in forward flight. When I used the wireloop I didn't get as much micro vibration in forward flight but the Cp board didn't like a softer mount. So what now, I think it's time for a glass of silver oak ;)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
First off, thanks for all the imput and help :)
I tried to adjust the roll to get rid of the buzz on pitch with a wireloop style dampnening plate with no luck, I adjusted the yaw and the buzz went away but now I get jumps in the yaw and instability of the yaw lose of posi in flight. Now I have 8 m3 hard rubber mounts and i get vibration in forward flight. When I used the wireloop I didn't get as much micro vibration in forward flight but the Cp board didn't like a softer mount. So what now, I think it's time for a glass of silver oak ;)

keep in mind that it's possible to get flawless video with a GoPro strapped to your lower frame plate with velcro or electrical tape. the takeaway from that is that airframe vibration isn't always the massive obstacle to great video that people assume it is.

my philosophy has been, if you can't control it, constrain it. if movement in the gimbal isn't being specifically controlled by the gimbal controller then the movement needs to be constrained so that it can't happen in any flight regime. look at your helicopter and spend some time poking and pushing the gimbal, does it move? shimmy? sway? compress on one side and stretch on the other when flight direction changes abruptly? the gimbal can't control any of that so if it's there it's going to ruin your video product. start removing all of those random movements from your gimbal and you'll see your video product improve.

keep in mind, as you remove the larger movements the smaller ones will begin to be noticeable so there will be a few iterations of improve, test, identify new sources of movement, improve, test, etc.

remember....if you can't control it, constrain it.

Cameraj

Wow Bartman, Thanks so much. its funny that you say to poke around and i did that the other day, i found a lose roll motor or movement in it, after thinking about what you said , i just took off the 13inc tmotor props the beach wood ones, wow i thought they where good to go nope. I have only used apc props in the past and have always balanced them, every one of the Tmotor needed some work, from the hub on some and a few needed the blade. So tomorrow out to the the desert for a test. what gimbal and cameras are you using now? Do you use any dampening? i will post some video from the test as well.
Thanks again,
J

hjls3

Im real sorry if this is somewhere back in the thread, I looked and didnt see anything....BUT anyone else update firmware then lose pitch motor? Too be real honest - I'm ditching this CP and already have a alexmos on the way - HOWEVER, sort of driving me nuts I can't figure it out. This is for handheld. I have CP with single IMU.

When you send a support request, we're seeing all the parameters of the gimbal this way and can solve your problem quickly. When doing that, put in the comment box ALL the problems you've been having.

hjls3

OK Thanks Samur for quick reply - id just assume buy one of those F1's ready togo :) - Ill send request - I'm also having probs getting GUI to work - did firmware update manually thru USB

hjls3

When you send a support request, we're seeing all the parameters of the gimbal this way and can solve your problem quickly. When doing that, put in the comment box ALL the problems you've been having.
Samur - FYI...I re-loaded firmware from GUI - before i did manually - after i got firmware installed, noticed the check box for "enable stabilization" unchecked for pitch - so checked it and all is good - not sure how i turned that off when i did firmware update manually - thought you'd wanna know - thanks for quick reply :) - cheers -

Cameraj

I tried contacting Roee a few times he must be out of town, Samur, do you know how to use the new analyzer feature?

Mactadpole

Finally got my quadframe V2 gimbal installed with the CP controller. I spent a lot of time balancing and I added some nylon bolts with nuts through the rubber dampers so that I could manually adjust the stiffness since the CP likes that. I just did an autotune and all seemed to go fairly well. Two issues I noticed:

1. I got some buzzing when manually pitching the copter back and forth. The Dampening P was at 1756 for Pitch and I took all the way down to 500 and still had some buzzing at an extreme tilt backwards. Doesn't matter if the camera is pointing forward or tilted straight down. I tried another autotune and no change.

2. When I tilt the camera straight down via my transmitter it is not at a perfect nadir position. I tried messing with endpoint positions on my Taranis but that did nothing. I also tried adjusting the home position and it still didn't help. See bubble level pics below. How do I get it to point perfectly straight down. I will be using this for mapping and it is imperative.

I will be adding all my values to the spreadsheet in the next couple of days.

thanks!

View attachment 23701 View attachment 23702 View attachment 23703 View attachment 23704

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 384

Cameraj

i have the same problem. with the pitch down its buzz, i tried to lower the pitch and roll 10 percent at a time , nothing.I tried the yaw. took it down around -1500 from the stock autotune and it looks good on the bench, we will see in the air how it does.

Mactadpole

i have the same problem. with the pitch down its buzz, i tried to lower the pitch and roll 10 percent at a time , nothing.I tried the yaw. took it down around -1500 from the stock autotune and it looks good on the bench, we will see in the air how it does.

I can tilt/pitch it down via the transmitter control and no problem (except its not perfectly straight down). It's when I pick up the copter and move it around as if it were pitching/rolling in flight, when I have the nose up to say 30 degrees is when it starts buzzing/vibrating and it goes into recovery mode.

Curious to see how mine does in the air too.