Phobotic Centerpiece Brushless Gimbal Controller

hjls3

So should I go into CLI and calibrate motors after auto tune - latest fw - Seems that is something one should do with older fw - hold true with latest FW?

Mactadpole

I did receive a quick reply about some tweaks to apply via their support systems in the software. Impressed. I should get a chance to try them in the next day or so.

Mactadpole

Couldn't resist tinkering with it. I first wanted to see if I could get my nadir (camera straight down) issue solved. I was told, "In the Centerpiece software, reduce R/C deadband and expo to 0".

I did that and it improved some but not perfect. At the same time I discovered the Position limiter control settings. I turned them on (check box enabled) and then adjusted the endpoint #1 & #2 until the camera pointed straight ahead when TX knob was in that position and straight down when knob in that position. I picked up the copter and moved it around to simulate flight movement and everything returned to where it was supposed to be when I set it down.

About my buzzing problem I was asked "Does the buzzing occur when manually tilting the copter frame? Does it occur when the copter frame is stationary and you just pitch down?"

I replied that my buzzing only occurs when tilting the copter frame itself. I can have the camera in any pitch position and it does not buzz if sitting still. I may be expecting too much too. It only starts to buzz when I tilt the copter nose up at about 30 degrees, when I tilt the tail up it doesn't start buzzing till around 45 degrees.

I'm going to fly it today or tomorrow and see what I get. Will post back.

Thanks to Phobotics support for getting me on track to figure out the nadir position.

Cameraj

Mine buzzes when the craft is on the bench and with the Rc , I pitch down, after a few seconds it starts to buzz and get stronger as it sits.

Cameraj

Samur,
I'm putting on a second camera on with a switch to have it watch the gimbal, for some reason I can't get the pitch to work from the rc, I put the rc cable in channel 8 on futaba receiver and I plugged my servo cable into port 8 on the cp board and it doesn't detect it. what am I missing? can I use dji naza port on their pitch control? my other receiver had two s bus and it worked ,the new one has one and 8 channels.

thanks so much,

Samur,
I'm putting on a second camera on with a switch to have it watch the gimbal, for some reason I can't get the pitch to work from the rc, I put the rc cable in channel 8 on futaba receiver and I plugged my servo cable into port 8 on the cp board and it doesn't detect it. what am I missing? can I use dji naza port on their pitch control? my other receiver had two s bus and it worked ,the new one has one and 8 channels.

thanks so much,

Hey CameraJ- make sure to check the physical channel in the Phobotic software. (e.g. when you select the individual channel you want to assign make sure that the physical channel is 8) also make sure that the futaba rx is set to the right mode too. (if you're using SBUS and the physical channels- it should be mode D)

Cameraj

I was using s bus and it recognized it and worked great, where it says physical channel it now always says sbus and I'm not using sbus, how do I setup D mode? If I reset the gimbal do you think it will find it?
Thanks so much, I'm going crazy :)

Cameraj

I was using s bus and it recognized it and worked great, where it says physical channel it now always says sbus and I'm not using sbus, If I reset the gimbal do you think it will find it?
Thanks so much, I'm going crazy :)

SBUS is just the default channel assignment, if it's not finding your R/C then it would still say "SBUS". You need to go through the Detect / Calibrate function to locate the actual channel in your setup, of course.

Mactadpole

I just wanted to report back that I seem to have my gimbal with CP working very well now. I had a test flight yesterday and shot some boring video that looked excellent. I went ahead and added my camera trigger and needed to rebalance because of it and because I noticed a few things were not quit centered, etc. I decided to stiffen by dampening system by tightening the nylon screws I have through them (see pic). I ran autotune again and I actually get no buzzing in any position. Even when I tilt the copter to extreme positions. I ran autotune three times to see if I got different values or response and all were very close. I have posted my final values in the CP Gimbal user datasheet I created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QFmev59-NXFEOY5o9l_Z17cwKe7dK-62IvCgPVCL-E4/edit#gid=0
Everyone is welcome to use this spreadsheet so we can see what settings others have for their CP's. I will try to get some more video soon.

A few pics attached so others can see my setup.
View attachment 23870 View attachment 23871

Attachments

• IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2293.jpg
    IMG_2293.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 222