Aeronavics / Droidworx New Build Planned - SkyJib-X4 Heavy Retractable

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
We use a SkyJib X4 heavy with DJI, Herkules 3, KW10 and 16x5 Xoar. Nixe setup, but we're still experimenting with the gains a bit.

Standard gains seem to be okay, we even went down to 80 for pitch and roll. But video with the AV200/360/Piclocv2 and EOS 5D is a bit shaky in light wind, not sure wether it comes from the gear rail adapter (red dampers), the 360 axis, or the machine itself.

But at least you can deliver 6x1,5 liters of mineral water (9,5kg) easy with it ... ;-)
Retracts coming soon!

Voeslauer-1.jpg

Very Nice...

Ordered The Herkules III today :)

can you list your gains out of interest?

Also I notice that Kopterworx have been using Xoar 15 x 5 props - I wonder if they will work better than 16 x 5 ?

Lanzar

16x5 is perfect for this combination.
Just use them. More power from 16 inch just gains are little less than 15 inch and 15 inch dont have the power to lift the same payload as 16 inch.

baja-king

Can somebody share there gains for WK-M on the Skyjib X4 Heavy with T-Motor 3515-15's and 16 x 5 props please

KaspInc

I have the KW10 motors and as far as I know they are T-Motor 3515 but I can't confirm that. I also think their ESCs are rebranded Turnigy ESCs but can't confirm that either.

I also have and prefer the T-Motor MN4014-11 over the KW10's. I did a quick writeup about the changes I made to my Skyjib 8 on my blog.

KaspInc

The only pro of a T-motor over KW10 that I know if is price. Other than that they are pretty much the same. Right now I am trying out some 16x5.5 carbon fibre props. I like them so far. I've also used Xoar 15.5 but they are not my favourite so far.

Lanzar

The only pro of a T-motor over KW10 that I know if is price. Other than that they are pretty much the same. Right now I am trying out some 16x5.5 carbon fibre props. I like them so far. I've also used Xoar 15.5 but they are not my favourite so far.
motors are not the same othervise wewould sell stock tigers. they have different spec since from our tests we have changed some spec and tiger did that for us. othervise they are similar but performance is not the same.

dg2010

What is the benefit of a co-axial X-4 compared to a 8 arm?

I understand it's smaller, but other than size? Do they have the same level of flight stability and performance as an 8 arm?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Guess its horses for courses. If you want a craft for flying in perfect conditions and you have a truck to carry it round in then go for the flat 8. If however you have to fly in less than perfect conditions and you have to gat the job done go for the coaxial. Here in the UK we very rarely have perfect flying conditions so I go with coaxial every time.

dave

dg2010

That is a very interesting observation because we always have windy conditions here in the UK.

So the coaxial with a good gimble should out perform an octo when the wind is up?

I was considering the s800 because I have a small car and it packs up into a smallish case. But a coaxial will be just as small..... decisions decisions.

xerofly

Technically speaking like vibration,smoothness,weight carrying capacity, How would a coaxial compare with a regular Octo....Pl include if any other parameters for comparison....

baja-king

That is a very interesting observation because we always have windy conditions here in the UK.

So the coaxial with a good gimble should out perform an octo when the wind is up?

I was considering the s800 because I have a small car and it packs up into a smallish case. But a coaxial will be just as small..... decisions decisions.

Been down the S800 route - save your money and buy Droidworx...

baja-king

I have the KW10 motors and as far as I know they are T-Motor 3515 but I can't confirm that. I also think their ESCs are rebranded Turnigy ESCs but can't confirm that either.

I also have and prefer the T-Motor MN4014-11 over the KW10's. I did a quick writeup about the changes I made to my Skyjib 8 on my blog.

Can you confirm if you mean the MN4014-11 not the MN4014-9 as you mention in your blog please...

KaspInc

motors are not the same othervise wewould sell stock tigers. they have different spec since from our tests we have changed some spec and tiger did that for us. othervise they are similar but performance is not the same.

I think the KW10 is a great motor. I just currently prefer the MN4014-9.

baja-king

Still waiting for the Skyjib to turn up :-(

Ordered it nearly a month ago...

On the plus side my Herkules III has arrived :)