Matts PVC T-QUAD

jforkner

Thanks. After 6 months of tinkering and plenty of flying, I'm finally getting the results I was aiming for.

You certainly are. I've watched a lot of FPV videos; and that was, hands down, the best, most enjoyable to watch I've seen. Well done. You really have that sucker dialed-in.

Jack

tstrike

pendejo grande
I agree with everyone else, you're really an inspiration and proof positive you don't need to spend constant streams of money to get professional results.
Well done again Matt!

Thanks. After 6 months of tinkering and plenty of flying, I'm finally getting the results I was aiming for.

Great pilot and awesome video and quad-copter. Your vibrations isolator is awesome too.

I am building a pvc t-quad, arms are a bit too long (23 cm - motor-to-motor 57,5 cm - 280,3 gr) so I have to cut them, what do you think about this idea for motor mount ?

View attachment 6771View attachment 6772

Attachments

• t-quad.jpg
    t-quad.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 415
  • motor-mount.jpg
    motor-mount.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 397

That looks pretty cool. Did you make those arms with the wooden core?

Yes Matt, a piece of wood 6 cm (1cm x 1cm) long is inserted in the pipe and the top part of the pipe is removed (3 cm).
Based on your experience, I have seen that sometime you have used arms 17 cm long or 20 cm long my arms are 23 cm long, do you suggest to cut them ?!
how does the copter behavior change testing different arms lenght ?

Last edited by a moderator:

mattsPVC

Based on your experience, I have seen that sometime you have used arms 17 cm long or 20 cm long my arms are 23 cm long, do you suggest to cut them ?!
how does the copter behavior change testing different arms lenght ?

You have to come to a compromise with arm length:

Shorter arms are less likely to appear in the Gopro footage.
Longer arms will make it more stable, but you will lose agility.
Also the longer the arms the more they will flex. (not good).

So I settled with 20cm arms, because that was the longest I could get away with, without them appearing in the Gopro footage (camera set on "medium" FOV)

mattsPVC

I wanted to fly the entire length of this 100m long manmade gorge, but it was too over grown.

mattsPVC

Was getting a lot of video interference off this structure. Wanted to fly more inside but I didn't think my video feed would hold up with all that metal.
With PVC T-Quad again.

pogmohoin

That last shot was crazy and is the reason why this tech exists..Could not imagine someone with a 10k rig having the balls to get the shots you do.. well done mate . btw, did you snag the door on the way out :0 great stuff Matt..

pog out

mattsPVC

Thanks. I made it out safely.
Getting the best shots does involve risk, but thats why i like it so much. As I fly more my appetite for risk increase's, so does my confidence in my equipement and myself.

Though since I started flying multirotors about 8 months ago I have had the following occur.

Crashed more times than I can remember.
Crashed in water.
Lost a quad with a Gopro.
Had my video Goggles black out.
Crashed up in a tree.
Had an out of control quad, try to fly threw my lounge room ceiling.
Numerous times felt like throwing in the towel.

Though I am still waiting to be cut up by the propellers.

Yet I just can't seem to give up. I feel like there is a whole new world out there to explore. with no limits, and no boundaries, but with great responsibility.

Breezemont

Thanks. I made it out safely.
Getting the best shots does involve risk, but thats why i like it so much. As I fly more my appetite for risk increase's, so does my confidence in my equipement and myself.

Though since I started flying multirotors about 8 months ago I have had the following occur.

Crashed more times than I can remember.
Crashed in water.
Lost a quad with a Gopro.
Had my video Goggles black out.
Crashed up in a tree.
Had an out of control quad, try to fly threw my lounge room ceiling.
Numerous times felt like throwing in the towel.

Though I am still waiting to be cut up by the propellers.

Yet I just can't seem to give up. I feel like there is a whole new world out there to explore. with no limits, and no boundaries, but with great responsibility.
This is one of the coolest things I've read in a long time.

ps. I would skip the propeller bit if possible, it sucks .:black_eyed: