New F550 with WKM born the WE

Paul@scc

IMU is: [X=0] [Y=0] [Z=-3] (LIPO on top)
GPS is: [X=-6] [Y-6] [Z=-8]
They look reasonable.
Have you checked that your yaw stick is centred in the TX calibration page?
How about trying your GPS mounted behind and directly in line with the IMU. I'm sure it will not make any difference, but that's where I have mine and no yaw issues.

I see you have your Hex in X mode. What setting do you choose in motor mixing page? I see it has Hex rotor I and Hex rotor V. What does I and V stand for?

Topper

They look reasonable.
Have you checked that your yaw stick is centred in the TX calibration page?
How about trying your GPS mounted behind and directly in line with the IMU. I'm sure it will not make any difference, but that's where I have mine and no yaw issues.

I see you have your Hex in X mode. What setting do you choose in motor mixing page? I see it has Hex rotor I and Hex rotor V. What does I and V stand for?

Yes sticks are all at center in the TX page and traveling full left right way. Im not sure about moving the GPS/compass around and the payoff, but that is easy to try so I will do by next chance.

I picked HEXA-X in the motor mixer. The current manual seem not match the current screen, I even don't see the HEX I and V any longer.

Topper

Hi,

2 days since mail to DJI, Tuesday working day is almost over in China and no answer from them. Always had same/next day support answer from other comercial Multi Rotor plattforms in case of issues. One big minus for choosing WKM as a professional plattform and advice that to customers for AP/AV.

Not much help here either, seems I have checked everything possible and must now swap DJI hardware. Will be interesting to see when DJI will pickup this case and get aware how their RMA or hardware exchange will work. Thsi leadtime is the next point to check before I really can advice and build in the system for professional AP/AV folks.

Rgds Topper

Topper

Hi,

shoer update to leave DJI in a fair light, I'm in touch with Terry from DJI to solve issues here. After now changing 5 motors in total (seems i have receive some out of a bad lot) it looks more stable. As I used trim a lot in first flight due to the boring yawing to the left the whole calibration was going bit out of order. I have reset everything to default on WKM and RC did full setup and calibration again and now it looks way more stable that before. I just had some quick tests in the dark and will do some longer verify tomorrow in daylight and warmer conditions.

I have ordered a Data Link today, hope that makes it somehow more easy to see at least some data of it while the MR is up in the air. I'm a bit used to the MK&Jeti telemetry.

If the yaw issue finally is done next task to complete is testing with 8", 9" and 10" Graupner E-Props and compare.

Rgds Topper

Tahoe Ed

Topper, glad to hear that you are finally getting your Hexa sorted out. Sounds like you had a really bad run with the motors. That is very unfortunate. I am glad Terry was able to help you. I have delt with him several times and always found him helpful.

Topper

Hi, I'm almost there but not full:

I had a couple or test today and the F550 does still yaw to left on its own. Its way better than it was before but still moves around. I have tested it in all modes, like GPS, Atti, and course lock. While he’s up and yawing I just get single flashes from the LED, so nothing comes from the RC. My feel is as longer as he is up in the air as more and quicker he does yaw. Course lock does work good and the compass front does not drift away so i suggest its still not coming from the compass.

Rgds Topper