Matts PVC T-QUAD

pogmohoin

Just flew my PVC t quad with Matt under FPV. What can I say! wow! Matt has been helping me put this rig together for the past few weeks and without his help I would still be playing indoor quadder with a ladybird.

Funny that I found Matt by searching multicopter videos on Youtube and then recognising my house in the distance on his numerous videos, I then found his house and knocked on his door! .. 3 months later I am flying this mini beast under FPV and loving it..

cheers Matt .. U R a legend!

nicwilke

Just flew my PVC t quad with Matt under FPV. What can I say! wow! Matt has been helping me put this rig together for the past few weeks and without his help I would still be playing indoor quadder with a ladybird.

Funny that I found Matt by searching multicopter videos on Youtube and then recognising my house in the distance on his numerous videos, I then found his house and knocked on his door! .. 3 months later I am flying this mini beast under FPV and loving it..

cheers Matt .. U R a legend!

Looks like a small multirotor community building here in Albury/Wodonga pogmohoin. I flew last weekend with Matt, down at the park to test my new rig. Some of this video came from his PVC machine. Perhaps a group meetup should be in order.

BTW Matt, still have the SD card with Ettamogah on it. Its in an envelope, just having a busy week.

Last edited by a moderator:

pogmohoin

Matt and i went for a muster today out on a farm, we are thinking about entering in the next sheep dog trials at the local field days.. whaddayareckon..

Robot Cowboys..

mattsPVC

Yeh it was great fun. I reckon if we organised ourselves better, we could give those sheep dogs a run for their money.

This my version of events.

mattsPVC

T-Quad Mini

Thought I would see how small I could make the T-Quad.

Using Gemfan 8x4.5 Propellers. I had to mount the battery vertically so the props would not hit it. Which worked out ok beccause it raised the centre of gravity higher.
The main improvement I have made, is to integrate the "wire rope isolator" into the T-Quad. This raised the CG higher which should reduce the pendulum effect I was getting in forward flight.

Specs:
330mm Motor to Motor.

Flight Controller: DJI Naza
Motors: NTM 26-28 1200kv
ESC: CarbonBird 18a
Propellers: Gemfan 8x4.5 Nylon/Carbon Mix
Battery: Zippy Compact 3s 25c 4000mah

AUW: 1360grams (Would like to reduce this by 100grams)
Hovertime: 11 minutes
Flight Time: 7 minutes
Hover/Throttle: Approx 60% (Would like to get this down to 50%)

This was with the Gopro 3 Black. (1080p/50pfs/Medium lens setting)

View attachment 8291View attachment 8292View attachment 8293View attachment 8294View attachment 8295View attachment 8296View attachment 8297

Attachments

• P1010547.jpg
    P1010547.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 376
  • P1010548.jpg
    P1010548.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 331
  • P1010549.jpg
    P1010549.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 397
  • P1010550.jpg
    P1010550.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 306
  • P1010551.jpg
    P1010551.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 283
  • P1010552.jpg
    P1010552.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 266
  • P1010553.jpg
    P1010553.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 259

dem0n1k

Very inventive & ingenious designs Matt. Gobsmacked at your 'first manual mode flight' & you are flipping & rolling over water! :O

Brilliant videos... more inspiration for us newb FPV addicts.

Cheers mate.

mattsPVC

I made a quick youtube video of how I make my current PVC T-Quad Frame

oldflyer2

Matt, these frames of yours are truly inspirational, and the vids you make from them prove that expensive is not better. I have the material all ready to go, but I have a couple of questions ...

Is there a specific reason why you don't make the central core larger, to make a larger platform for all your "stuff"?

Also, I am wondering if an "h" configuration would work, and then you could have a ton of room for "stuff".

Then again, the material for the basic frame cost so little, I just might do one of each and do my own comparison.

Cheers,

Tom

mattsPVC

Simple Brushless Gimbal - Alexmos

I made a brushless gimbal for my PVC T-Quad.
The results speak for themselves.

Hi Matt, after following your links on youtube i ended up in here and i could not thank you enough for it. I watched every single video and instructions in here. Now i am thinking twice about getting the Phantom....thanks mate :)
I have to come and visit you next time in am down your way and pick your brain a bit more. Very impressed with what you did. Keep up the good work.

mattsPVC

Thanks Tom.
It's been just over a year since I first started, after seeing one of JUZ70 FPV videos on youtube. It's been alot of fun buliding and solving problems as they arise.
My latest

These brushless gimbals will change everything. It levels the playing field. Any one will be able to get smooth footage.
I would concentrate in building up your flying skills. The Flight Sims you can get for your computer will help your LOS (line of sight) flying.
Then throw youself into FPV (first person view) flying. you wont regret it.

SamaraMedia

That's quite a compact design you've come up with Matt. Great to see DYI engineering produce such good results. I'm inspired by your craftiness, keep up the good work and vid's!

JW