Foxtech M700 7" monitor

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
I already opened mine up to add a second power wire so I can dual-power it. I now have a battery lead sticking out, as well as the OEM power lead for AC power. I didn't notice anything obvious like a nice 7805 or something like that, so I'm not sure what they're using for regulation, but it might not be easy to fix. I'm sort of surprised they don't have any reverse polarity protection?

Just did my first flight with the screen. I have it mounted on a tripod (LOVE the camera mounting thread on the bottom!!!) with the Video Rx and a battery fixed on the back. Really nice simple setup. The screen worked great. Flying like this was much better than flying and trying to look at my laptop. Also my first flight with the CP antenna. Also much better! Overall, the whole thing is very very cool!

kloner

Aerial DP
fixed

it's kinda funny, not to blame him, but everytime they release something, weeks later is a bigger better version. wonder how many people buy a 7", then sell it off for an 8.... is that the science behind the marketing?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
everybody i know is scared to touch it. all custom, moody, gotta do it just right. I spent 4-5k learning how by breaking stuff........ i'll get a camera in the back window of some of them boats around me down there. The jet boats throw a rooster tail that looks like a fire hose x100. Pretty much everybody out on that river knows each other,knows each others familly, etc. We all party after dark so were all cool

kloner

Aerial DP
know body i've ever seen. just looking at it really fast, the widescreen thing would be a problem if you used a regular sd cam, it's gonna go letterbox on the sides and be a really small picture. if it stretches it, could get by but everythings gonna bea little off. The one big thing these monitors and others that work is the lack of a blue screen. You know when you were a kid and you changed your tv to a channel and it didn't exist, that look with static is what you want. most everything today at the slightest low signal goes blue. That's a ***** to fly with like that,,,,,,,,

Jessestr

How do I attach the sunscreen? Can't figure it out haha.

And about the HDMI and stuff. I have a broken M700 lying around too and I opened it and there are connector places for hdmi and such.. Just the connectors aren't soldered to the PCB. If you could solder it on your own.. Might want to give it a try.. HDMI input always comes in handy.

ChrisViperM

I know, this post doesn't solve jessestr's misery with the sunscreen, but talking about boats...how sick is that:

Chris

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

see the rim of the monitor how i got velcro attached. it's just sticky backed velcro trimmed thin and stuck around the perimiter. Then if you turn the hood over and trim off them straps and press it on, it looks like that

Vojec

How do I attach the sunscreen? Can't figure it out haha.

And about the HDMI and stuff. I have a broken M700 lying around too and I opened it and there are connector places for hdmi and such.. Just the connectors aren't soldered to the PCB. If you could solder it on your own.. Might want to give it a try.. HDMI input always comes in handy.

Did you try? Because in my case HDMI doesn't work. Solder Female hdmi on the PCB, but when plug cable in still no picture.

kloner

Aerial DP
most likely the firmware isn't supporting it........ fpv stuff is never in hdmi, that's the oppoosite of no blue screen,,,,,, that mode is all blue screen when signal drops

kloner

Aerial DP
that's why i linked the one i know fits,,,, i've bought these before and got the wrong stuff so that is definately possible....

Where are you? what country?