Foxtech M700 7" monitor

kloner

Aerial DP
i rewired the plugs. go out and get some heat shrink and solder everything you need together. All i use are lipos and i made a couple car adapters for when i'm flying out of a car.

pretty sure it has a bnc and the red thing your talking about is a dc adapter type plug, right? the power plug going into it has two wires, positive and ground. Seems to me the video and audio shared the same black ground wire. i don't even hook up audio, figure it just causes a place for noise to be....... my tx doesn't have the white wire in the plug, my rx doesn't have the audio wire coming out of it, etc.

Totality

OK thanks, so if I cut off the red plug there should be two wires in there that I can pull apart and connect to a lipo battery connector? Does it take 3S batteries or just 2S? I see you use 2S

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I use the 3s with no problems. I power he monitor and the uno rx. havent been any issues since geting this monitor. Thanks Kloner. Still cant get a color image in NTSC though.

Vojec

Thanks Kloner for monitor suggestion. Have some cheap crapy TFT 7" and visibility on sunny day was ziro (none). Order and Waiting for M700... can't wait...

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Im using the Sony nex 5n. I didn't have issues until I got this monitor. In pal I get color but lots of messed up lines and jumpy image. I gave up after cycling through all the modes.

kloner

Aerial DP
the arrow has a coarse contrast adjustment, i guess they made it one button so you can quickly cycle through without looking too hard. go inside the osd menu to fine tune the contrast. I think it's for an ah crap moment. i think left right does volume when that one arrow button does contrast

no manual that i'm aware of. You turn it on, with a wire plugged into it and set to av2 it just turns on and works.

Bison52

Trying to set up first system to monitor video. Using Foxtech monitor and this basic tx/rx:

http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=155&cat=FPV/Video

Got menu on monitor by wiring up to DVD.

Now when I use GoPro I get a good color pic only when monitor is set to PAL I even though GoPro is set to NTSC. In some versions of NTSC I get B&W and others I get rolling screen.

Is this what you're getting IrisAerial? Guess I'll just go with what works.

Mike

kloner

Aerial DP
my gopro works perfect on it

Pretty sure mines on the first choice. they sure didn't make that part very normal. if it works in pal use it as long as the cam is ntsc, that way you can edit like normal. seems mine was trying to like that mode too, but after cycling it a few times, that first ntsc choice started working clearer and clearer

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I discovered the problem! DUH. My hdmi converter was set at PAL. Now that I switched it to NTSC, the NTSC mode works great and has color.

Bison52

I was having no luck getting a clean signal from the GoPro to the monitor on NTSC M. Best was on PAL 1 (bad color) or NTSC BG (b&w not clean either). The odd thing was that it didn't seem to matter whether the GoPro was set on NTSC or PAL, the result in the monitor was the same.

I had switched the GoPro from NTSC to PAL and back when it was disconnected or the TX was powered off. So I tried cycling it from PAL to NTSC plugged into the powered TX and, voila, clean and clear on NTSC M. Great pic.

I don't know if cycling the GoPro with the TX changed something in the camera or the TX or maybe even the RX but that was the trick.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Just got this monitor. Man, what a PITA, rummaging through all my devices to find *something* that outputs PAL so that I can see the menus! What a stupid setup. But otherwise, so far so good.

I cut off those velcro strips and glued them around the frame. Now the cover just sticks onto the monitor. Works well.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Think we should all send em hate mail for that crap

Yea, i love my shade with the velcro on the monitors edge, simple and self contained

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I guess i got lucky as my hdmi converter was set at pal so the initial setup was easy. It's been quite good though. My camera guy said he could see the screen at all times.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Just got this monitor. Man, what a PITA, rummaging through all my devices to find *something* that outputs PAL so that I can see the menus! What a stupid setup. But otherwise, so far so good.

I cut off those velcro strips and glued them around the frame. Now the cover just sticks onto the monitor. Works well.

It's doubly stupid because it comes with an American plug, but set to PAL. What up with that?

Bison52

I'd swear that I didn't have to switch my blu-ray player over to PAL to get the monitor to react. I just plugged it in and a static-filled screen replaced the blue screen but it was enough to see the menu.

At least that's what I seem to remember.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what i did but it took a vivid imagination to what you were looking at, all sheard and shaking across the middle

i plugged in a power connector i made but i had the polarity reverse.... Bonehead move. It was a quick fizz before i unplugged er lol. U guys think its toast or can some soldering be done somewhere inside?

kloner

Aerial DP
may as well open it up and see if you can follow the power in to a burnt trace or a burnt reverse polarity thingy majig. immersion vtx's have em, no idea if this thing does