Cinestar Rev.6 with WKM does little yaw movements like a pendulum

cropter

Hi everyone,

I recently built a CS6 with WKM, Hobbywing Pentium 40A ESCs and KW pro motors. It flies quite well, GPS and compass are working perfect.
The only thing that is a bit annoying is a steady yaw movement, one degree to the right, then back to the left, and so on. This happens especially when there is a little bit of wind. Any idea ?

Regards
cropter

cropter

Motors are levelled, I double-checked. Yaw gain is 150, because 100 was too low (worse performance). Do you think I should go even higher with yaw gain ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp try it out. Put just the yaw gain on your radio and experiment with it. I took up my cs8 today after a long time and forgot about the yaw gain at a 100 % and it was wagging around like crazy. Around 180 it became better. There is a lower limit for the yaw gain than for the rest i don't remember though.

If its not the gain recheck that it not something mechanical. Loose props damage motor etc.

On my CX the YAW gain is 240. Don't be afraid to go high.

Pitch = 140
Roll = 140
Yaw = 240
Vertical = 90
Attitude Gains (both) = 90
Disturbed Gain = 90

Last edited by a moderator:

cropter

Oh, all right, Will try that tomorrow.
Indeed I was a bit afraid to put the yaw gain that high, since the copter already reacts very harsh on yaw stick movements. But I can put Expo on it.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Im stil having issues with this as well. If its low it gets the erratic yaw twitch still. If i crank it up it becomes too sensitive to get nice chase flights from. Perhaps its my piloting but there seems to be too much yaw correction showing up in my long shots. I think I will try cranking up my Tx expo instead.

Kari

If gain is not efficient enough you can also tilt your motors 3 degrees to achieve better yaw performance. Especially if using graupner props i found it much better with my cinestar 6. Motors 2,4 and 6 to right and motors 1,3,5 to left.