First timer on a FPV quad

RCNut

Well done jack.

Looks like you have a great open space to practice in which is pretty handy when youre flying in strong winds. Im a bit restricted in my little local park so I need to pick my weather but I guess it teaches me to fly accurately. Right now Im flying early mornings when there's minimal wind and no-one around.

Keep it up , youre doing great.

Ian

kloner

Aerial DP
watch out for that water, hahaha. yea you could use some tuning. That's what i just spent the last 3 months learning/doing just test hops at home. went through 200 tries with not such good success to the last 100 were almost all perfect. Graupners had alot to do with it. What is hold? that failsafe? is that 10% throttle?

Thanks for all the advice nut, it really paid off this weekend with perfect reception

jackmulti

thanks guys... it feels like I rediscovered RC...:nevreness:

Sorry... guess "hold" is a heli term - when you flip a switch and the helicopter comes down autorotating. I simulated the same behaviour on the quad by using a heli craft program type on my transmitter and setting the throttle to a slow decent with stabilization on... just in case...

RCNut

Thanks for all the advice nut, it really paid off this weekend with perfect reception

Glad I could help.

Tried to do some FPV flights before work this morning and the motors wouldn't start. The Naza initialized and seems to work but can't start the motors. Something to look at tonight but was a bit disappointed because it is a perfect, clear, still morning.

kloner

Aerial DP
I tried firing up my model the first time this weekend and nada, carrying the tx had hit throttle hold and it wouldn't start. Finally saw it after rebooting 3 times.

Jack, i get throttle hold in helis, but we still have control of the collective and inertia mass of the prop to keep it spinning. I never heard of using that on multis, assume it has a delay on the throttle hold so it's a slow lowering the throttle, sounds risky but once you hit it, your commited eh?

RCNut

I worked out what stopped my motors from starting this morning. I had the low rate switches on and the Naza wasnt seeing full movement of the sticks when I tried to initiate the startup sequence - Doh !! :dejection:

I tried firing up my model the first time this weekend and nada, carrying the tx had hit throttle hold and it wouldn't start. Finally saw it after rebooting 3 times.

jackmulti

So would I be if I tried it & it went wrong...the Mrs would have me commited ;)

On a more serious note, I take it you can flick off the auto & have immediate effect?

Ross

Yes. Switch in on and the quad descends safely to the ground. Or flip it back off and you have complete control of the throttle again. You can even program the descent rate (mine was a little too aggressive... will fix it)