DJI A2 PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY (New firmware may change my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
very well said dave!!!!

Javier.

You to obviously have had a bad experience with the A2.

Hopefully the A2 V2.1 will sort things. When it is correct this thread will have served its purpose and I agree to close it and then move forward with testing.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Now now Kloner. Thats not up to your usual standard! ;-)

What firmware are you on and can you post your complete set up.

Also have you tested failsafe?

Dave

CG Photo

I am happy to report that the V2.1 software fixed the POI bug the previous version 2.00 had. Now all POI operations (both on site and after moving away )are smooth and work as expected. No more erratic movements. After running a series of tests during two flights I don't see any problems with this release. Operation feels the same, looks like this was a good release.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's a2 w/osd using 8fg and the internal fast mod, maytech 60 amp opto, 3520, 15" tiger prop, 20 amp 6s pack

hell no, i'm a sissy when it comes to rth, i'd rather see it go when it's needed. i've never seen any of my rigs rth, but i've tried it on a couple customers that ask for me to.....

that was all on 2.0 beta firmware, but now it's on 2.1

noticed my phone updated the a2 software last night, must be what we needed for bluetooth phone ios connectivity. Haven't tried tough....

Javier

Bart, I think it has served it purpose with the release of the new firmware. Your choice.

Why are you two SO eagered to close the thread???

First of all, we don't know if the new firmware solves the reported problems.
Second, if it does, it'd be good to leave the thread open so that users can report their findings and/or confirm that it works better.
Third, even if the new firmware solves the reported problems, it'd be good for other users who may have the same problems later on to read this thread.

You guys really make it look like you want to close the thread as soon as possible to cover up DJI's errors and problems. Why not leave the thread open? What's the problem with that?

Tahoe Ed

Javier,

It was Bart's suggestion not mine, but I agree. There is the A2 Owners thread. That can address issues as they arise. The initial problems seem to be addressed with the latest software, unless you disagree with the recent posters. What has been your experience with the update? Good, bad indifferent? My initial experience was not great on my S800 with the initial version, I have transferred the A2 to my F550 and it appears on the bench to be ready to go with the newest version. I will find out on Saturday. Let us know your experiences. Without feedback based on experience opinions are useless. Just my $.02. Have a great New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:

jazzboy

I'm with Javier. It does seem premature to close it since no one has flown it for any length of time. Turns out that two of my friends have had similar loss of control with their Nazas that took out my gorgeous octo. Certain quirks take time to surface as they are not causing problems in all circumstances.

I am still considering buying another A2 if it proves to be a solid performer but give it at least a few weeks to prove itself before closing this excellent thread.

DJI is a joke as far as customer service goes, so if we are the beta testers at least we can do it will a modicum of professionalism.

Andy

Javier

Javier,

It was Bart's suggestion not mine, but I agree. There is the A2 Owners thread. That can address issues as they arise. The initial problems seem to be addressed with the latest software, unless you disagree with the recent posters. What has been your experience with the update? Good, bad indifferent? My initial experience was not great on my S800 with the initial version, I have transferred the A2 to my F550 and it appears on the bench to be ready to go with the newest version. I will find out on Saturday. Let us know your experiences. Without feedback based on experience opinions are useless. Just my $.02. Have a great New Year.

After my crash and BIG loss, I'm not sure yet I want to use the A2 anymore. If other people are willing to keep risking their equipment as FREE DJI testers, I'd love to hear their results with the new firmware. At least, those tests are a LOT more valuable than anything DJI does. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't because of all of our reports with these problems with the DJI equipment, DJI wouldn't even know their systems are a piece of cr*p. They collect all this information and then they go and fix their systems, which were not thoroughly tested to begin with. In any case, I think leaving the thread open is very important because we get to exchange ideas, results, etc, and help each other. When this thread was originally created it probably saved a lot of people from buying the A2 and losing a lot of money in a crash. Now, if the new firmware proves to be reliable, users will post their results here to support it. We CAN'T assume that because DJI just released a new firmware that the A2 is going to work flawlessly. As a matter of fact, in the past, this has not always being the outcome with DJI.

Javier

I'm with Javier. It does seem premature to close it since no one has flown it for any length of time. Turns out that two of my friends have had similar loss of control with their Nazas that took out my gorgeous octo. Certain quirks take time to surface as they are not causing problems in all circumstances.

I am still considering buying another A2 if it proves to be a solid performer but give it at least a few weeks to prove itself before closing this excellent thread.

DJI is a joke as far as customer service goes, so if we are the beta testers at least we can do it will a modicum of professionalism.

Andy

Hey Andy, you just mentioned something very important: "Certain quirks take time to surface as they are not causing problems in all circumstances." The new A2 firmware just came out. If this forum really wants to be useful, helpful and respectful of its users, they need to give us some time to test the new firmware under different circumstances, configurations, flying conditions, and for some period of time before expecting a reliable feedback. Remember, this is something DJI should have done on their own BEFORE selling such unreliable products. Don't RUSH us now.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
As far as I am concerned this is a live debate and to Coles it now is a very premature action. I have not had any time in the air with it yet. Nobody rally has as far as I can see. Not testing of rth position hold and fly always can only be after more tan just one person posts there findings. I am all geard up to test it FULLY as soon as I can get a weather window. I will video it from start to finish including RTH. Hopefully if in an get a volunteer from the air as well.

I thought V1 was ok for half a dozen flights until the attempted fly away.

I vote to keep it open. If I was not on the road running from the forecasted storm that will batter me and my caravan I would start a pole
To Close
Or to keep open
Let the members decide

Dave

jmachuca

Brilliant thanks for givng it a whirl that is exactly what I posted weeks ago.

I am guessing you have better weather over your side of the pond. Good luck and thanks for chipping in.... OBTW welcome to MRF the most objective and free forum there is.

We wait with baited breath

Dave

Well the past copule of days we had a los of rain which is a bit unusual, but I should be able to get a flight in today.

Jaime

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Here is a relatively new Google polling tool that can collect and display valuable statistical data on items such as the new A2 but only if implemented correctly.
The FAA, TC etc. and insurance companies all rely on statistical data in order to make informed decisions determine premium costs etc.
If MR reliability can eventually approach the same degree of reliability of a motorized delivery truck then it might become possible for Amazon and others to implement some of their crazy new cost and times saving ideas involving MRs.
https://sites.google.com/a/pjrproje...ites/how-tos/create-a-poll-using-google-forms

Status
Not open for further replies.