DJI A2 PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY (New firmware may change my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ok, i'm making the call then, it's closed.

let's figure out what's good and what's bad as only our users can (because we're free to talk about stuff here). if there's anything horrible we'll try to bring it to DJI's attention as we go.

i'm still on the sidelines but i've got room on the credit card for something new in 2014, just don't know what to buy yet. I did pick up a new Gretsch guitar a little while ago but it won't carry a DSLR. :(

Closed.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thats Bollocks. that really surprises me. I thought you would have at least talked to me to discuss this in private if required.

if there's anything horrible we'll try to bring it to DJI's attention as we go.

THATS what I have been trying to do

I dont get it. Please anyone interested in my finding PM me and I will keep you informed.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

hey, that was sneaky replying in a closed thread! :)

it seems that this issue has turned a corner and if there's the chance that good info is going to be buried in this thread then i think we should move along to a thread with the potential to be a future resource instead of burying it here.

i don't have a horse in this race (other than as a potential user like anyone else), i'm just trying to effectively manage the content of the site.

we can skype if you'd like.

bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bart.

ALL I am trying to do is help people make an informative decision bised on my experiences. I think its wrong to close the thread. But as you said thats your choice.

I am away on mobile internet so Skype anit an option right now.

why dont you pole the decision to close or leave it running.

dave

Bartman

Bart.

ALL I am trying to do is help people make an informative decision bised on my experiences. I think its wrong to close the thread. But as you said thats your choice.

I am away on mobile internet so Skype anit an option right now.

why dont you pole the decision to close or leave it running.

dave

adve, i've known you long enough now and trust your judgement so i'll re-open it. just keep in mind please that we don't want to stay with the negative vibe forever if it isn't deserved.

i've never had a proper "Bollocks!" thrown at me so that was a first but hopefully not an indication of what the year has in store for me.

bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thank you Bart. I have posted a BIG thumbs up for the MAC assistant and I will when the A2 deserves it.

Right now I really cant wait to fly it again. I have posted positive comments about it...

Dave

paul Conto

I know i posted this in the other topic but this seams more popular and i need to get these issues fixed.
I picked up an A2 from quadrocopter and finally got it installed last night. however im having some issues.
1) BT LED indicator light is red and no matter what i do i cannot get it to go green
2) My IMU led is flashing 1-green 1-red 7-green, NOWHERE can i find information about the IMU LED so i have no idea what this means
3) I did a test hover and at 2 min i get a constantt slow green flashing, at 8min i got a constant slow red flash. Voltage protection was on but battery levels were no where near protection levels.
During my test flight she work great, very stable (still a bit of fine tuning) and the GPS held great! But these issues are preventing me from doing more then test flights and i have a filming job on friday and really dont want to go back to the NAZA2 i had in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide photos if anyone thinks it might help.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Have you made sure the CAN bus has been correctly connected?

Are you getting any warnings coming up in the assistant?

Have you successfully calibrated the compass?

Not sure about the flashing on the IMU.. I would go check what mine is doing but its lashing down here and my test machine in the van.

Dave

Bartman

guys, this is exactly what i was trying to avoid.....please put all new DJI A2 discussions in the A2 owners' thread.

thanks,
bart

paul Conto

i did, but this topic had the most views and responses thats why i put it here as well as i need these issues fixed ASAP

jazzboy

Dave's naming of this thread was actually quite kind in my opinion. DJI pushed something to market that was far, far away from being ready and then offered no proper support. I almost lost a job because the product was supposed to have waypoints but didn't (apparently these are now active). Had to send back because the 30 day return period was ending from my dealer. DJI needs to be taken to task and this thread, with its title, is a step in the right direction.

Andy

Bartman

Dave's naming of this thread was actually quite kind in my opinion. DJI pushed something to market that was far, far away from being ready and then offered no proper support. I almost lost a job because the product was supposed to have waypoints but didn't (apparently these are now active). Had to send back because the 30 day return period was ending from my dealer. DJI needs to be taken to task and this thread, with its title, is a step in the right direction.

Andy

Andy, I don't disagree and the thread has remained open and unchallenged for all of its 22 pages. What I've endeavored to do today was to make a move towards discussing specific shortcomings of the A2 system now that it appears they are in the ballpark of making it acceptable.

What I didn't anticipate was that by trying to keep the A2 discussion objective I'd be PM'd with accusations of me finally caving in to DJI. So, for the record, DJI hasn't contacted me, they haven't complained to me, they haven't tried to get to me in any way. Nobody has. I've been keeping a close eye on a lot of issues with our DJI threads and I was trying to stay ahead of things and restore stability in guessing that DJI may be turning the corner with the release of their new A2 firmware. But I'm a mellow guy and will ride this out a little longer.

All I ask is that if people have A2 questions they put them in the DJI A2/WKM sub-forum or in the DJI A2 owners' thread. That will leave this thread for discussing if the new firmware is stable, reliable to install and configure, stable and predictable in flight, etc., etc., etc. Once we have some consensus we'll close this thread and leave it in the archives for all eternity. :)

Thanks,
Bart

jmachuca

Well I sure wish I had found this thread earlier. I just built a SkyJib 8 and outfitted it with the A2 (v2.0 firmware), I have 3 flights in it. Its incredibly stable in the GPS-Attitude mode. But the automatic flight and return home modes are very aggressive. they do what they do, but the attitude changes are very aggressive. I was googling how to fix this and came across this thread. I just found out about the V2.1 firmware and reflashed the controller. I will flight test tomorrow and report back what I find.

jazzboy

Andy, I don't disagree and the thread has remained open and unchallenged for all of its 22 pages. What I've endeavored to do today was to make a move towards discussing specific shortcomings of the A2 system now that it appears they are in the ballpark of making it acceptable.

What I didn't anticipate was that by trying to keep the A2 discussion objective I'd be PM'd with accusations of me finally caving in to DJI. So, for the record, DJI hasn't contacted me, they haven't complained to me, they haven't tried to get to me in any way. Nobody has. I've been keeping a close eye on a lot of issues with our DJI threads and I was trying to stay ahead of things and restore stability in guessing that DJI may be turning the corner with the release of their new A2 firmware. But I'm a mellow guy and will ride this out a little longer.

All I ask is that if people have A2 questions they put them in the DJI A2/WKM sub-forum or in the DJI A2 owners' thread. That will leave this thread for discussing if the new firmware is stable, reliable to install and configure, stable and predictable in flight, etc., etc., etc. Once we have some consensus we'll close this thread and leave it in the archives for all eternity. :)

Thanks,
Bart

Hi Bart,

That sounds logical and fair.

Cheers,
Andy

Javier

Ed I have flown it on spectrum satelites and it returns to home when signal is lost, you know it has lost signal coz the light turns blue.. I have tested it on my test bed when the spectrum system is running through the S-BUS interface and the motors just stop. I am double checking the failsafe by connecting the RX to a wkm to check it at least throws the WKM assistant somewhere close to failsafe in the WKM when the AR9020 has fail safe positions initiated by TX loss.

Have you read thee S_BUS section of the instructions? I would like an interpretation in english!

I totally agree on being able to see the failsafe initiate in the assistant why would it not be included when they are pitching the controller at the pro market with thousands of puns at stake?

WHO at DJI listens?
OR is willing to help?
WHEN is the A2 going to be supported in the 'Report a problem section on DSJI support site?
WHEN is there going to be anything what so ever in the A2 Wiki?

WHY should I have to rip all these hours of work apart to test it on a 450?

View attachment 19196

Dave

Dave, at DJI NOBODY gives a sh*** about customers and how much time and money we have lost because of their cr**py products. I had a fly-away (described on an earlier post on this thread). I even sent them the log from my iOSD, and have NEVER heard from them.

Javier

OK, here you go guys, have at it and let us know how it works out (Droider!)!

2014 is going to be an exciting year!

Sure, they come out and post a f***g list of fixes and specs but they NEVER respond to users' questions and concerns. They should even apologize for all the crashes their systems have caused, and even compensate many or us. I for one have decided NOT to loose any more thousands of dollars being DJI's guinea pig.

Javier

would anyone mind if I change the title of the thread to something less incendiary?

Maybe "DJI A2 Official Users' Thread"?

Hey Bart, why are you SO afraid of DJI??????? "something less incendiary?"? The original title was actually the best and reflected what the thread was really about. People whould be aware that the A2 is a piece of cr*p, and that the support from DJI is less than null.

Javier

well i sort of. As you can see i have modified the title already and as soon as i can flight test the new firmware i will report honestly my findings.

That is what this is all about. If there was lots of positive posts on here calling me for being a burke and not knowing what i am doing then fine but there aint.

Kloner is really the only one who has posted anything on here that shows it working which is great.

Please feel free to start a 'a2 users thread'.

All i can do is post what i feel is helpful to people and stop then having their trousers pulled down like i have, and you have in the past, thats why i contribute on here. If i had positive responses from dji to my support requests then things may be different but i didn't.. I guess they where just working in the back ground on the v2.1 release and ignoring the issues that should never have been there in the first place.

Dave

very well said dave!!!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well I sure wish I had found this thread earlier. I just built a SkyJib 8 and outfitted it with the A2 (v2.0 firmware), I have 3 flights in it. Its incredibly stable in the GPS-Attitude mode. But the automatic flight and return home modes are very aggressive. they do what they do, but the attitude changes are very aggressive. I was googling how to fix this and came across this thread. I just found out about the V2.1 firmware and reflashed the controller. I will flight test tomorrow and report back what I find.

Brilliant thanks for givng it a whirl that is exactly what I posted weeks ago.

I am guessing you have better weather over your side of the pond. Good luck and thanks for chipping in.... OBTW welcome to MRF the most objective and free forum there is.

We wait with baited breath

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.