DJI A2 PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY (New firmware may change my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboy

Well V2.1 is out and the rte is a Mac Version… yeah!

Now I have a test machine I will go upload it and give it a whirl…

Whatch this space.. you never know the thread title may change!

Dave

Hope it's amazing and all is great with your test flights. Please keep us posted.

Andy

Tahoe Ed

The Mac link is now there, but after I downloaded it I got an error message. Anybody else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DX18 bind failed sucks! I will get a new Futaba 18MZ by Tmrw or Tuesday. I think DJI will maybe new firmware for spectrum compability?

Just get the DSM2 satellites they work.

Andy I know about the DSM2 satellites, thing is it worked with DSMX under version 1 firmware. I have one working on a Y6 with DSM2 but thats not the issue. the

BIG ISSUE IS TELEMETRY!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Bart I would have rather kept the 'DONT BUY ONE YET HEADING' with added but V2.1 out now that may change it!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The Mac link is now there, but after I downloaded it I got an error message. Anybody else?

Works fine for me.. well I aint plugged it in to a copter yet!

What version OS are you on?

You will get a waring saying application from web but thats just the mac warning you it aint a certified software.

Dave

rilot

With Mac support for the A2 now available, I wonder if DJI will release Mac versions of all the other software. I really hope so, so I can stop having to keep a VM on my Macbook Pro just for DJI stuff.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
No.

They may release a version for the WKM but as I think the A2 is DJI's replacement for the WKM I doubt we will see one

Dave

Tahoe Ed

I got mine to work last night. I just had to hold down the Control Key to get it to open. Both the A2 and P2 work now.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Good stuff.. Now back to the A2 FC and V2.1 firmware

Weather here is terrible. I can't wait to find out what it's like. As I am away from my workshop I can't test if the S-BUS now recognises loss of tX which is my major issue on my big machine

From what is written in the release notes they have addressed lots of issues..

The big question is now does the controlling TX matter to get the best performance from the A2?

Kloner is flying a bigun with the Futaba 8g. It would be interesting to have a unit to fly on both spektrum and Futaba to see if there is any difference.. Maybe I could borrow a 8g off someone and test on my Newley built test Y6 which has the A2 and Spektrum DSM2 satellite on at the moment...

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
would anyone mind if I change the title of the thread to something less incendiary?

Maybe "DJI A2 Official Users' Thread"?

jazzboy

Good stuff.. Now back to the A2 FC and V2.1 firmware

Weather here is terrible. I can't wait to find out what it's like. As I am away from my workshop I can't test if the S-BUS now recognises loss of tX which is my major issue on my big machine

From what is written in the release notes they have addressed lots of issues..

The big question is now does the controlling TX matter to get the best performance from the A2?

Kloner is flying a bigun with the Futaba 8g. It would be interesting to have a unit to fly on both spektrum and Futaba to see if there is any difference.. Maybe I could borrow a 8g off someone and test on my Newley built test Y6 which has the A2 and Spektrum DSM2 satellite on at the moment...

Dave

How is it shaping up in Futaba land in terms of using the A2's internal receiver vs an external one?

Cheers,
Andy

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
would anyone mind if I change the title of the thread to something less incendiary?

Maybe "DJI A2 Official Users' Thread"?

Well I sort of. As you can see I have modified the title already and as soon as I can flight test the new firmware I will report honestly my findings.

That is what this is all about. IF there was lots of positive posts on here calling me for being a burke and not knowing what I am doing then fine but there aint.

Kloner is really the only one who has posted anything on here that shows it working which is great.

Please feel free to Start a 'A2 Users thread'.

All I can do is post what I feel is helpful to people and STOP then having their trousers pulled down like I have, and you have in the past, thats why I contribute on here. IF I had positive responses from DJI to my support requests then things may be different but I didn't.. I guess they where just working in the back ground on the V2.1 release and ignoring the issues that should never have been there in the first place.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
How is it shaping up in Futaba land in terms of using the A2's internal receiver vs an external one?

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy

I dont own a Futaba, my conners as a CAA approved operator I need telemetry. There is NO telemetry fron the built in modual.. well yet. that may come.

I have documented my hours and hours of hair pulling though out this thread in trying to achieve that.

I have been one of the biggest advocator of DJI on here and fly multiple WKM CAA registered craft for a living. Recognising the need to get ready for the next generation of FC's I bought three A2 on the back of the success of the WKM.

Simple put the A2 should NEVER have been released until.... well maybe now. The number of reported corrections to the system will only be touching the tip of the iceberg of what will have been corrected.

I really do hope 2.1 will fix all the issues.. when it does prove to be "the impossibly precise" FC claimed the thread can be deleted as far as I am concerned as it will have done its job and stopped people investing in a product really not fit for purpose.

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ok, at some point let's close this thread and start the official users' thread so good information won't get left behind in this thread. it should probably happen soon.

thanks,
bart

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
You flying one of these successfully then?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Don't take it personally. I thought Bart made a valid point, but then you make a valid point also. This looks like it will be the A2 thread for the whole forum as it's so popular so I thought Barts suggestion made sense. I just don't like lots of !!! in titles as everyone does that on youtube and they are seldom meaningful.

Happy New Year! Always interested in your work.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
ok, at some point let's close this thread and start the official users' thread so good information won't get left behind in this thread. it should probably happen soon.

thanks,
bart

Thats your call Bart. I will be really interested in the number of good info posted in the A2 users thread.

I promise AS SOON as I can fly and test the S_BUS I will post and change the thread title to 'A2 IS NOW A BRILLIANT IMPOSSIBLY PRECISE FC"

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.