CS8 to X8 conversion - Herkules ESC III V3

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Would be nice, but like said its plainly my fault and if its my fault i stand straight for it. Andreas has given me so much support and help so I would probably not take the replacement without paying for it. But it is fixable and going back to Andreas, in the mean time i ordered a new one. Makes not difference since i would have used the Hekules for my coming CX build anyways.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
funny thing is i can actually spin up my motors with my regulated power supply. With my hexa with the AXI motors and normal ESCs it was not possible. At the slowest speed of the motors the power supply already regulated down and stopped working. Wondering if it has something to do with the Hercules and its freewheeling.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 403
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 433
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 446
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 413

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
first test hover of in the flat, well second test hover. First the bird nearly crashed into me since i didnt have the foward back ward stick set to norm nut rev in the tx setup. Nearly sheided in my pants.

Getting fast yellow flashed on the LED but dosent look like the voltage warning or i am mistaking. Gotta check that.

http://sprealinvest.at/firstcshover.mov

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
more stable than the HEXA WKM flying inside in its own turbulences. Lets see how good i hope this gets.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
great just wanted to take off again smoke from one of the motors :) great hope its only the motors and not one of the ESCs. damit !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
danke dir. aber leider nur für 10 Sekunden zweimal und jetzt ist her kaputt :( whatever so motivated to find the issue :)

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
danke dir. aber leider nur für 10 Sekunden zweimal und jetzt ist her kaputt :( whatever so motivated to find the issue :)

Scheisse! Hopefully it is something small and easy to find...I'm sure you will sort it out soon...let us know!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
acutally its something big :( but dont want to comment on it yet and stay fair if its my fault. Something like 3 components frecked up. Will take me anothe 2 weeks to get it going again !!!

Opening a bottle. !

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
acutally its something big :( but dont want to comment on it yet and stay fair if its my fault. Something like 3 components frecked up. Will take me anothe 2 weeks to get it going again !!!

Opening a bottle. !

Bah, bad news. I hope you get it sorted soon!

Alles Gute!

Gunter.

Siteline

WOW BorisS. I like your style! Patient, super detail minded and you persevere! I just read the ten pages of the thread I personally think this CS8 with the WK-M is going to set a new level of smooth video footage coming from a multi-rotor. I am watching closely as I have the CS8 and the Cinestar gimbal, with DJI WK-M in the mail. Can't wait to see the results of your hard thoughtful work. Cheers.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Siteline thanks ! Should be up again on sunday. Going to meet the father of Herkules on saturday and talk some things over. I would really be up for trying the Cinestar gimbal since it seems like a solid piece of work and i am fed up with PH stuff. But i am afraid or hoping that the DJI gimbal will life up to the expectations so i will wait and see ! If it dosent CS gimbal will be my way to go.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
OKay CS 8 with WKM and Herkules is working again. Did several tests flights and performance test together with the father of the Herkules ESCs today. I will need a heating for these ESCs for the winter otherwise they will freeze. Nah up to now i am very happy.

Will post some vids and data once my telemetry unilog stuff arrives. First flight up to now the whole setup looks like a winner, better performace than my hexa at the moment and i didnt really start tuning.

Boris

Siteline

Great to Hear BorisS! In your mind what is the major advantages to the HerKules II set up vs. Hobbywing 40A ESC's? One concern I have is availability of the HerKules should something go wrong. I look forward to the videos. Also what are the temp ratings? Cheers.

krleas

FPV Freak
great news Boris, im happy. Today i lifted 4kg payload with quad and esc was on 50 degrees. They are really awsome.