AV 200 servo upgrade

Sebas600

I have a AV200 gimbal. It's running on the 6,5V BEC
But still this sucker is slowwwwwww.

Has anyone done an upgrade on the servo's?
Something like 7,4V brushless high speed servo's?

Sebas

Macsgrafs

I have a AV200 gimbal. It's running on the 6,5V BEC
But still this sucker is slowwwwwww.

Has anyone done an upgrade on the servo's?
Something like 7,4V brushless high speed servo's?

Sebas

Sebas, its strange you should bring this up. I dont have the AV200, mine is an askman mount designed for a trex600 heli, but I've modded it & notice that the servos could be a touch faster...so I spent ages searching for "High speed robotic servos" & there is loads of info out there. Google my friend & spend some time to see what would suit you best, what works for me might not work for you?

Try this:- http://www.robotshop.com/ca/hitec-hs-7966hb-high-speed-high-torque-servo-motor.html

Ross

Macsgrafs

Sebas, what servos do they use in the AV200 gimbal?
Here's one that I might get around to trying in the new year, Savox SH1290MG

Ross

Sebas600

Sebas, what servos do they use in the AV200 gimbal?
Here's one that I might get around to trying in the new year, Savox SH1290MG

Ross

The roll servo is a Savox SH-1290MG
the pitch servo is a Savox SC-1258TG

going to do the 72-wheel and pot meter upgrade.

does anyone know how much amps the servo's use at max?

Macsgrafs

* Digital Servo SH1290MG
* Operating Voltage: 4.8~6.0V
* Operating Speed (4.8V/6v): 0.059 /0.048 s
* Stall Torque (4.8V/6V): 4 / 5 kg.cm
* Gear Type: Metal
* Motor : Coreless
* Weight: 56.4 g
* Dimensions: 40.3x20x37.2 mm

I was wondering, how far do the servos travel on the AV200 mount? Have they been modded for full 360degree rotation? Any chance of a piccie to show how they have done it.

Ross

Sebas600

Attachments

• IMG_5120.jpg
    IMG_5120.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_5121.jpg
    IMG_5121.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_5125.jpg
    IMG_5125.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5126.jpg
    IMG_5126.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 278

Macsgrafs

Thanks Sebas, thats the same mounting & drive system as my askman mount, except it uses 360 degree robotic servos! I much prefer the modded savox servo & extrnal pot like your mount uses, hence why I wanted to see a photo. Your main cogwheel is 72 teeth????

Ross

Let us know how it works out for you. I have the same Gimbals/ servos and was thinking of this upgrade. I held off because I was worried that the 7.4 volts would damage the servos (if not immediately, then after time). Give us a review of it once your done.

Sebas600

Thanks Sebas, thats the same mounting & drive system as my askman mount, except it uses 360 degree robotic servos! I much prefer the modded savox servo & extrnal pot like your mount uses, hence why I wanted to see a photo. Your main cogwheel is 72 teeth????

Ross

no it's the standard now, going to order the 72 and potmeter as soon as it's on stock at 1001c
the potmeter on the pitch axis is a tricky one to replicate i think

Sebas600

Let us know how it works out for you. I have the same Gimbals/ servos and was thinking of this upgrade. I held off because I was worried that the 7.4 volts would damage the servos (if not immediately, then after time). Give us a review of it once your done.

what I see is that it works fine, if the servo's break I'll buy 7,4V servo's
but I don't think this will happen that quick. will let you know.

Sebas600

Received the 72 cogwheel and potmeter today will mount them tomorrow and see what will happen then. already installed the 7.2v bec. that doesn't make much of a difference to the 6.5v i had previously on it.

Bowley

Darn, wish I'd spotted this thread before I chose to buy a savox SC1258 to upgrade my XA mount, ah well, see how it goes.
What's the deal with external potentiometers and pot meters etc?

JLO

Hello to all this solution has been on line for a wile to the point that other 3 party vendors are selling kits to resolve the response issue my question is why Photo higher the manufacture of the AV-200 apparently has not address this issue them self, if its a good idea they should have jump on it and offer it to their customers as a upgrade I am sure by now they know of it any one knows why ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98NOJ...layer_embedded

jappie911

Having the upgrade set with 72 wheel and new potmeter for a few weeks.

But untill now I did not have time to install it..

I need to cut some material of the frame for making room for the 72 wheel, isn't it ?

And need to decide for a seperate lipo, or taking the main hexa board and then into my Ubec.

I will also install some 6v leds.

If the leds ever make a short, for some reason, will the Ubec have a fuse effect, or will it make a short to my main hexa board also? (have a BMI ubec 6v, and a turnigy 6v ubec)

I will maybe test it also with only the 72 wheel + potmeter, and the normal 5v from Fc. (I know about the A'mps problem)