AV 200 servo upgrade

Sebas600

Have just installed mine. no cutting needed. everything was very easy to install. 20 min.
don't know if your ubec will give a problem, but shorting out is never good... make stuff that can't short out...

So tested mine, it's a lot faster than before and I'm happy with it's performance now. will test it tomorrow if the weather allows.

jappie911

Just installed the 72 wheel, I installed the servo the otherway around.., so no cutting indeed..

Tomorrow I will do the potmeter..

And offcourse I install stuff so it doesn't short.. but some say It's a good reason to use an extra lipo..

Hope to hear from your first tests !

Sebas600

I've got 6 LEDs setup in serial. so if one shorts on it's contact it's not really shorting out. the other LEDs could blow. also I've used the smallest possible wire. if that shorts it will melt and stop the short. you could even use a fuse. I've crashed with one LED taking the full impact of the 6 KG craft, nothing happened.
only just installed my ping-pong test, makes it very visible as you can see here.

View attachment 2261View attachment 2262View attachment 2263View attachment 2264

Attachments

• IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 211

Macsgrafs

Sebas, be careful with those globes...I bet they cause some funny lighting effects with that camera lens!!!

Ross

jappie911

Strange..and help needed:

Installed the new Pot-meter, and I can not find the dead/0 point.

With the old one, I can find this point in the middle when turning the poti by hand.

With the new one, the only point the servo stops spinning, is by turning al the way to the right, until I can't turn the pot anymore.

Any other point of the poti, the servo starts turning, (on a high speed), and only one way..

What to do ?

Thanks in advance !

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
if anyone's interested I've got a brand new Savox 1268SG that is already wired for an external pot....it's in the classifieds

jappie911, sorry i can't help, maybe try a different pot? are you sure you've got the correct wire on the center slider position?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've got 6 LEDs setup in serial. so if one shorts on it's contact it's not really shorting out. the other LEDs could blow. also I've used the smallest possible wire. if that shorts it will melt and stop the short. you could even use a fuse. I've crashed with one LED taking the full impact of the 6 KG craft, nothing happened.
only just installed my ping-pong test, makes it very visible as you can see here......

Sebas,
What LED's are you using in the ping pong balls? i've got an orange ball i've been saving (the kids can have all the white ones!) to try the same thing you've already done.
THanks,
Bart

jappie911

jappie911, sorry i can't help, maybe try a different pot? are you sure you've got the correct wire on the center slider position?

Yes, can't be wrong, is only a servo cable between poti and servo.., connecting the old poti, then it's ok again.

Can I change anything on that poti ? Can i take it apart ?

jappie911

Jappie, can you take a photo of the old & new pot for me to see?

Ross

I will, but tomorrow morning, it looks exactly the same as the original, only black, and another type offcourse.. (it's coming from Digitech, together with 72 wheel, and 6volt bec.)

Don't think I can take it apart do I ?

Macsgrafs

hahahahaha good point, but I meant a photo of the gear wheel next to the servo so that I can get a rough idea. I dont have this mount, but I'm a curious sort of human ;)

Thanks mate

Ross

Sebas600

Strange..and help needed:

Installed the new Pot-meter, and I can not find the dead/0 point.

With the old one, I can find this point in the middle when turning the poti by hand.

With the new one, the only point the servo stops spinning, is by turning al the way to the right, until I can't turn the pot anymore.

Any other point of the poti, the servo starts turning, (on a high speed), and only one way..

What to do ?

Thanks in advance !

shire you put the wires on correct? from the turning end, brown, yellow, orange

good luck

Sebas600

Sebas,
What LED's are you using in the ping pong balls? i've got an orange ball i've been saving (the kids can have all the white ones!) to try the same thing you've already done.
THanks,
Bart

I've used 3W LEDs only down is it needs a star cooling bodyView attachment 2379witch weighs 5 grams. I've drilled a small hole in the ball, this was very tricky!!!! ended up making a gypsum mold 1/2 the ball to keep it fixed under the drill. if the bal catches the drill it's gone. high speed and slow down.

Attachments

• IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by a moderator:

jappie911

shire you put the wires on correct? from the turning end, brown, yellow, orange

good luck

Well.. I see the colors are different ! (It bought it already soldered.)

Could some of you please check ?

With axle to the right, and from left to right:

Old one: red, orange, brown.

New one: orange, red, brown

Found the problem, or can they be different ?

View attachment 2363

Look through the hotglue !

Attachments

• Poti's.jpg
    Poti's.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 204

Sebas600

Well.. I see the colors are different ! (It bought it already soldered.)

Could some of you please check ?

With axle to the right, and from left to right:

Old one: red, orange, brown.

New one: orange, red, brown

Found the problem, or can they be different ?

View attachment 3621

Look through the hotglue !

dude the to wires are switched!!!!!! the yellow and red are wrong!!!! switch them and all will work fine.

just like I said before ;-)

jappie911

So Finally had some time for installing Poti (yes, it was the twisted wires!) and 72 wheel.

Looking fine.. but run into a strange problem:

I connected everything again as it always was..

Running everything fine on the bench.. until... I connected my Gentled remote shutter again into my GH2 camera:

Then the Nick servo go's crazy ! Spinning around...

So when I do not connect the Gentled everything is ok...

?? Anyone have an idea where to begin? Running all Mikrokopter.

Last edited by a moderator: