GH3 announced .... at a price ????

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
got it running with the zen will upload movie in couple mins ! Or lets say it like that it calibrates

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Ofcoarse i forgot to insert a SD card ;( so have to disassemble it again and try to glance it once more. For real flight test i need parts made though !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
leveling also works for now. Lets see what it does in flight. Just have to get some parts made !

end of the week I'm in the air !

Boris

anaka

hey Boris nice buy!

did you already used the wifi video trasnmission?
i'm so curious about it...

anyway enjoy your new toy!!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I will check it out tonite and report back. Have to check it the software is out for it already etc. Have no clue about it !

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Those GH3 prices are more palatable in Germany. French prices are stupid and, of course as usual, UK prices are the worst.

Lots of folks waiting to read your reports Boris.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Those GH3 prices are more palatable in Germany. French prices are stupid and, of course as usual, UK prices are the worst.

Lots of folks waiting to read your reports Boris.

I really did this dirty today all the parts I cut and measured for the laser cutter eventually didn't work out :) But now I know how to do them correctly. I hope i will have them tomorrow or the day after a real test flight on the weekend is reasonable.

Gonna test the hdmi out next if everything works.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay these three/four parts should do the trick. I need some sleep not going to test the HDMI converter anymore. I am not really worried about it. Backup plan is AV out from the GH3 which i hope it has and connect in right after the HDMI convert of the Zenmuse lets see,

View attachment 8200

Test the WIFI shortly. Lumix link the app for Adnroid and IOS. I have mixed feeling about it. Fotos can be viewed over wifi which are on the SD card. THere is now video playback. THere is life video though during recording. Strange thing though it that you can start recording from the app but you have to stop recording with the bottom on the camera. Wifi reception is not so good you have to stay in the same room. going away 8 meter and a thin wall between it already drop to the last wifi bar. Now could be my nexus 7 but I don't think so !

Camera mode set only over the camera- Focus though works over the touchpad which is nice.

Ah and the app is not very stable yet at least on android.

Boris

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 260

anaka

thanks Boris for the infos, just one more question abouth wifi
we had discussion on that some pages before, does it soffer of delay during transmission?
or the video signal arrives without any lag?

feel free to answer tomorrow ;)

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... I need some sleep not going to test the HDMI converter anymore ...

Sleep? Sleep is for the dead, Boris!

But then you already know that since it is now Tuesday morning and you have already designed, laser cut and rejected the first set of adapter plates, designed and drawn version 2 in 3D and are about to have version 2 cut. I take it your friendly local laser cutter doesn't sleep either. Then in the meantime you have got the lowdown on the GH3 WiFi and the Android app limitations ... Phew! ... about time your moniker was changed from Moderator to Superman!

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Sleep? Sleep is for the dead, Boris!

But then you already know that since it is now Tuesday morning and you have already designed, laser cut and rejected the first set of adapter plates, designed and drawn version 2 in 3D and are about to have version 2 cut. I take it your friendly local laser cutter doesn't sleep either. Then in the meantime you have got the lowdown on the GH3 WiFi and the Android app limitations ... Phew! ... about time your moniker was changed from Moderator to Superman!

Thanks but it sounds more than it is ! Laser cutter I am really blessed the guy i 5 mins from my house i send him the files or bring them a usb stick. He stops all the other work and cuts my stuff right away which takes about 10 min. Bad side of it he can only cut wood and acrylic, which works for prototype stuff. For the real carbon alu parts i have a cnc guy who at the moment is taking 2 months for my TBS arms and adapters for my X8 to a S800 landing gear. Really close to treating myself with a CNC next year, really hate the waiting !

Boris

anaka

thanks a lot Boris, I saw only now your tests

the wifi delay unfortunately exists but have to say that is not extremely bad, in some conditions could work
compared to the one from gopro3 is almost realtime

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
the FW for the black edition isn't out yet so I couldn't test the Gopro Wifi yet.

Anything else you guys want to know about the GH3 which i can check out for you tell me !

Boris

anaka

here you can have an idea of the wifi streaming delay of gopro3

really bad :(

Vojec

Anything else you guys want to know about the GH3 which i can check out for you tell me !

Boris

Hi Boris,
First thank you for all tests that you made for us and of course for yourself.

Could you tell me (us) in short what mode (fps, resolution) you can get from GH3 out with HDMI attach. Is there some limitation compare to GH2?
Can you view both mode (wifi & HDMI) on screen (wifi phone & HDMI monitor) at the same time. Use wifi (for video settings) and HDMI for recording.

Thanks.

Vojec