GH3 announced .... at a price ????

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
next version going out. should be giving a more firm fit and more guidance to balance it correctly !

View attachment 8278

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 341

hexa

There are few folks on ebay with 5 axis cnc offering cnc service,
there was one guy on ebay uk with 5 or 6 axis last year his service was cheap £15 per hour too bad he is not on there now.

Dji have crippled the z15.
am sure with a bit of time and trial some alloy parts could be made to fit cameras with bigger longer lens, and balance with ease.
one of these days when the mad scientist syndrome hit me again am going to do just that.

Vojec

Hi Boris,
Notice that GH3 have DLNA support. Could you test if DLNA works with tablets for monitoring and what is video delay, thanks.

snurre

Boris or any other GH3 owner... - how about the AV out??
DO we have composite video out while recording on the GH3?? :dread:
Or was that inhibited by the Panasonic R&D evil on this model too? :livid:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Snurre,

I can't tell you since there was no AV out cable included and the one from the GH2 doesn't fit. I will check again to go sure.
I am sure thought that 1080I out works although you are recoding in 1080p which didn't work with the GH2, so i am positive they didn't allow normal AV during recording.

Boris

snurre

Ok Boris, I understand about the cable needed.
Looking forward to any info on this from you when doable (or from anybody else with reliable info).
Thanks / Tomas

PS.
From the experience you have gained so far, is the GH3 a thumbs up or what is your preliminary verdict?

Hi Snurre,

I can't tell you since there was no AV out cable included and the one from the GH2 doesn't fit. I will check again to go sure.
I am sure thought that 1080I out works although you are recoding in 1080p which didn't work with the GH2, so i am positive they didn't allow normal AV during recording.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
one of you tried this lens already ?

[h=1]LUMIX® G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. Lens
[/h]
4bb8cc23-9006-4c1a-9ba1-2b8c78824426.jpg

We have one on our Gh2 Boris, a good lens with good flexibility. A bit soft at the extremes, but nice and sharp 20 through 30mm especially, easy to balance on the zenmuse too. Would love to be able to remote zoom as its powered, unfortunately looks like the only way would be a servo mounted on the zoom control switch.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Nice week, I got my GH3 in last Monday.

Need more time for realistic opinions, so take these wieth a grain of salt. Not a lot of time with the cam yet. Not that big difference quality wise from my hacked Gh2's. Some nice new features. Wireless is nice to my droid phone but it doesn't show live view when recording. Auto focus seems to be quicker, but I don't use that alot.

Although, photo's are better, but I was hoping for a little closer quality to a 5d Mark II. I was hoping with the weight and all that the GH3 would alot better than the gh2. I think for many it will be good enough, but for fine art printing, I'm not so sure. Will try some fine art prints out later, but that's not on the first page of my todo list right now.

Does not work with my hdmi to composite converter as my gh2 doesn't either. Works with my cable box and my 5d mark ii. Go figure. Read other places people having the same problem. Other converters are 4-6 times the cost. Too bad. I'll keep playing with it, but don't have high hopes to make it work. Tried every mode, cables, monitors, etc... Just get color bars from gh2 or gh3. 5D mark II, works fine, my cable tv hdmi out, works just fine.

here is the unit I'm talking about . http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080KN18K/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

With a hacked GH2, I don't think there is going to be a huge difference in video/filming other than it weighs another 200-300g.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
jfro,

check this thread i think you will find a answer to your Hdmi problems: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?8313-GH3-HDMI-out-working-but-not-via-a-converter

Well quality picture etc is one thing better than the hack or not. Essential for me is that the GH2 with the hack no matter which one was always risky. Several times it came down again and the cam was frozen or only have the footage on the SD.
And main point is 1080p50 and being able to have 1080I out for the HDMI converter and having 720P* or 1080P* on the SD card.

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
We have one on our Gh2 Boris, a good lens with good flexibility. A bit soft at the extremes, but nice and sharp 20 through 30mm especially, easy to balance on the zenmuse too. Would love to be able to remote zoom as its powered, unfortunately looks like the only way would be a servo mounted on the zoom control switch.

Ah great whats your opinion on the power OIS is it worth it ? Thanks Boris

anaka

one of you tried this lens already ?

LUMIX® G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. Lens

4bb8cc23-9006-4c1a-9ba1-2b8c78824426.jpg

i got that optic when was just released, it works very well, really light and the OIS is as good as the one in the LUMIX G 14-140
you can take a look at my demo videos and judge by yourself
if you need to know something in particular just ask

snurre

I did not have so much time to fiddle with my new GH3, though it has been sitting at my desktop for weeks trying to get my attention.
But yesterday I pulled myself togeter and put my hands on it.

AV out
The SD AV out works like in previous models: By pushing the waste-button for some seconds it will give a live view feed good for shooting stills. But when video recording starts AV out signal gets inhibited. I still wonder for what reason.
Anyhow, since I anticipated this I purchased the HDMI-composit converter by Tabb (Freefly). Hooked it up and it seems to do its thing very well.

Remote start/stop
A really nice surprise for me was to realize that video recording start / stop can be controlled by the camera remote plug, same as I use to trigger stills shooting. This becomes possible when selecting "Creative Video Mode" :tennis:
Was this feature present also on the GH2?

Tomas

Kari

I'm really impressed with my GH3. I also bought 12-35/2.8 lens but for aerials i've tested yet only cheapo 14-42 F3.5-5.6.

Here's qiuick test ;)