kloner

Aerial DP
hip hop...... haha

yes it is all gh3, the parkour was our first attempt out to the hotels were the latest..... it's all the 12-35 mega iOS lens..... we just got the 7-14 looks a lot like it but no filters,,,, then we've started renting lenses per job when we need something special.....

the hotels were a Hexacrafter 800 and the hexacrafter g2 3 axis... it was it's first gig..... were backing off the sky jib to carry the gh3. Our camera is 1 lbs 15 oz ready to film. that job started out as photography and turned into mixed media and some overtime. Worked out well. The client liked the fluid dynamic flow as we were working so threw more money at it

flying off a dock between all them sailboats was rad, so many cables to get in, all LOS

amicu1

Super short clip (just slow motion) of a mid air collision between a Phantom and a DJI F550 hexacopter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Super short clip (just slow motion) of a mid air collision between a Phantom and a DJI F550 hexacopter.

I would of walked over and pounded the crap out that phantom owner.
I'm so sick of seeing these stupid little phantom and their owners doing stupid ****.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
But there was not a collision!

Sure there was. The Phantom's right rear blade hit the right front part of the F550's landing gear. You can even hear it. If the fantom was 6" to the left or right he would have come up into the F550's props. They would have both gone down, but it would have been the fault of the Phantom's pilot.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
So whatever happened to the days when we built our own frames around a flight controller?
These phantom bozos with no previous experience flying are going to kill this hobby for us. Like that nimrod in NYC.

I took such pride in building my own rigs, choosing the wrong ESCs and making dumb mistakes with PIDs and connections, but all along learning and not flying over people or in close proximity of other aircraft. This whole thing is going to come to an abrupt end when some smukker-head flies one of these into the intake of jetliner on approach at an airport.

FlyGirl

So whatever happened to the days when we built our own frames around a flight controller?
These phantom bozos with no previous experience flying are going to kill this hobby for us. Like that nimrod in NYC.

I took such pride in building my own rigs, choosing the wrong ESCs and making dumb mistakes with PIDs and connections, but all along learning and not flying over people or in close proximity of other aircraft. This whole thing is going to come to an abrupt end when some smukker-head flies one of these into the intake of jetliner on approach at an airport.

In defense of the Phantom driver, after I did a little more digging, it appears the two pilots are friends and video each other i close proximity as evidence by this video made by the same guy who did the slow motion collision....

Not defending or disagreeing with anyone here regarding pilots skills or lack thereof but in car racing they would call this a "racing incident" meaning a collision is inherent when two vehicles are in close proximity.

Thanks for posting that FlyGirl. I was going to comment earlier on the venting and jumping to conclusions... something that I have been guilty to myself. Thanks for the followup post.

FlyGirl

Thanks for posting that FlyGirl. I was going to comment earlier on the venting and jumping to conclusions... something that I have been guilty to myself. Thanks for the followup post.

You're welcome :) For what it's worth, I think the guy in NYC was a stupid idiot too. LOL ;)

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
You're welcome :) For what it's worth, I think the guy in NYC was a stupid idiot too. LOL ;)

That's a nice vid you uncovered FlyGirl, thanks for putting me somewhat straight. However, IMO those guys were not experienced enough to be flying that close to one another. When David Windestål and I flew together at the Neat we still tried to keep some distance. I wouldn't have flown like that with just anyone either, I totally trust David's piloting skill and we stayed way more stable.

That's a nice vid you uncovered FlyGirl, thanks for putting me somewhat straight. However, IMO those guys were not experienced enough to be flying that close to one another. When David Windestål and I flew together at the Neat we still tried to keep some distance. I wouldn't have flown like that with just anyone either, I totally trust David's piloting skill and we stayed way more stable.

Agree with both, wholeheartedly. The ease and availability camera-carrying MRs that are so stable does have this drawback. But it is the way things are going, and soon enough these inexperienced guys will have wised up (if not already) and can hopefully teach others from their experiences and we'll all be better for it. ;)

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
ProPilotWannaBe,

That's the best answer to this I've read so far. I tend to gripe and not always offer a solution, and what you say about offering the teaching to others is such a great idea. I hope we can have something to help these newbies with ready made systems. Most of us here learned by experiencing the build and communicating on the forums. Think people weren't so quick to crash because of the time an dedication put into the build. If one has lots of money they'll just go out and by another ready built system, so maybe if the community can set up camps and lessons we as the community may be able to mitigate these recent mishaps and oversights.

You and FlyGilrl have great insight, thanks for enlightening me. Honestly.

kloner

Aerial DP
can't seem to find the show us what you shot thread, so it's going here.....

P1120178_795.jpg