The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
Regarding BMPCC versus GH4 shooting speeds it was just a thought to be able to slow things down if need be on a 25p timeline and retain the quality.

Quinton

Yes, it is cheap! I'm just weighing my options as will broadcasters like it? Some just like to post the footage without doing anything to it, which I hate! Some are very good at grading it and making it look splendid.

They should like it even more than what you have given them, as it uses all forms of Prores which is the standard, and usually works in any NLE
I would also love to see the true weights you come up with, and I hope you have as much luck with this one as you have had with your original S800, may be worth looking at buying another frame on its own just to have spare parts easily accessible.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
"Some just like to post the footage without doing anything to it, which I hate! Some are very good at grading it and making it look splendid."

I supply pictures to Broadcasters on a daily basis and BMPCC has not been a problem. Production haven't a clue but talk to the editor and all will be well. A good healthy .mov file and a grading preset is not a problem. Many editors do not like messing about with the Canon files from choice.

tikigod19

so Benjamin did you buy yours without the z15? Any idea what Lipo you're planning on using? If you're local and nobody has done any tests by the time you get yours up and running I may buy a 8300mah or 10000mah if I can find one within the weight range and bring it to you to test fly for a time if you're happy doing so. The weight was the thing stopping me from buying before, but now you will soon have the spreadsheet available to answer that question, it's all about flight time. If I can get 5 or 6 mins from an 8300mah then I'll go for it and buy a 16000mah lipo for flying in non-build up areas where the weight issue isn't a problem.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
They should like it even more than what you have given them, as it uses all forms of Prores which is the standard, and usually works in any NLE
I would also love to see the true weights you come up with, and I hope you have as much luck with this one as you have had with your original S800, may be worth looking at buying another frame on its own just to have spare parts easily accessible.

"Some just like to post the footage without doing anything to it, which I hate! Some are very good at grading it and making it look splendid."

I supply pictures to Broadcasters on a daily basis and BMPCC has not been a problem. Production haven't a clue but talk to the editor and all will be well. A good healthy .mov file and a grading preset is not a problem. Many editors do not like messing about with the Canon files from choice.

Thanks chaps.

I know they'll like either the GH4 or BMPCC better than my 'wonderful' GH2 interlaced footage.

Filming is my favourite thing to do so I am inclined with the BMPCC as no one really uses 4K yet and I like the BMPCC footage I've seen, a lot!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
so Benjamin did you buy yours without the z15? Any idea what Lipo you're planning on using? If you're local and nobody has done any tests by the time you get yours up and running I may buy a 8300mah or 10000mah if I can find one within the weight range and bring it to you to test fly for a time if you're happy doing so. The weight was the thing stopping me from buying before, but now you will soon have the spreadsheet available to answer that question, it's all about flight time. If I can get 5 or 6 mins from an 8300mah then I'll go for it and buy a 16000mah lipo for flying in non-build up areas where the weight issue isn't a problem.

I bought it with the Zen GH4 (although the Zen hasn't arrived yet). I want to use my current lipos which are all GensAce 5000mah ones. One lipo should keep me up for at least a minute!

I'll start a new thread with weights and stuff. Give me some time though as I really take my time with a build.

tikigod19

cool no problem. I'm now looking into the BMPCC too although the lack of stills is a huge stumbling block for me. I can't seem to find a 1080p raw file from the BMPCC to look at, has anyone seen one online?

Quinton

Thanks chaps.

I know they'll like either the GH4 or BMPCC better than my 'wonderful' GH2 interlaced footage.

Filming is my favourite thing to do so I am inclined with the BMPCC as no one really uses 4K yet and I like the BMPCC footage I've seen, a lot!

You'll need to nail the focus better as the BMPCC is a super 16 sensor, crop factor of around 2.88, however it will probably be easier for you with the Olympus lens, as it has markings on the lens itself unlike the Panasonic ones which is a lot of guessing.

Tahoe Ed

I checked with DJI on the copper washers between the motor mount and the grommets. Here is the response:

For the copper washers, it can works with S1000 too, we already added it into the PART 8 of S1000 premium.

ZAxis

I checked with DJI on the copper washers between the motor mount and the grommets. Here is the response:

For the copper washers, it can works with S1000 too, we already added it into the PART 8 of S1000 premium.

Thanks for that info, pity I just ordered enough grommets and bolts to do for the next six months !!
Did they say what their actual purpose is ?

andy

Tahoe Ed

They did not but looking at the picture it appears that they line the opening of the CF motor mount. I would hope that they slow the wear that users are seeing on this part.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
This is an issue on the EVO as well. I have bevelled and sanded the carbon motor mount plates in an effort to increase the grommet life. I also mount all the grommets the same way. Offset motor angles really only helps with increased pirouette speed and as that is the last thing I am interested in all the motors are 90° vertical. This seems to reduce wear on the fragile grommets.

fdproductions

FD Productions
DJI's re-doing the landing gears on the s900 for the US market (just like Ed suggested they should) and will be sending new landing gears to customers purchasing s900 with nex gimbals.