The ALL New DJI S900 Hexacopter!

Tahoe Ed

Maybe its rubbish and they know it!:)

Not based on my flying experience so far. There are some tweaks that we have already suggested. Nothing major just some enhancements to a good design. I do agree that the price is impressive. But so was the price at the initial introduction of the S800, $1900 with a very nice aluminum travel case. I know, I bought one. I sold it for a S1000.

Tahoe Ed

I don't tweet. :tennis: But if you want to know what we have recommended; longer esc wires (done in the current production), taller landing gear (under consideration) are it right now. I am sure that we will find more the more we fly them. I am only up to 15 flights right now. I shot some video this morning from the BMPCC. I will post it later.

tikigod19

this is all i can find on youtube.. s900 and gh3 (despite gh4 in description)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQ373wVcnA

Tell me z15 users.. is there a way to create a slow start and end to a tilt? Kind of smooth like a curve... Is it all down to setting up the transmitter correctly and using maybe a lowpass filter or can the z15 do this as most tilts I see with z15 like in this video are aggressive at the start and end.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I got mine yesterday!

attachment.php

We weighed the airframe and it came to 3434g. We also weighed a bunch more stiff and basically everything usually comes to 100g more than the stated weight. I'll post the spreadsheet later. With the Zenmuses it seems the GCU and cabling is not included in the specs weight, so add another 110g or so.

I'll put it together in a minute and weigh it again.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 233

tikigod19

Thank you so much Benjamin although in a way, I hate you, you may have crushed my hopes and dreams... :( I'll be using wookong too with v2 IMU and then a basic non Lightbridge vtx something like the immersionrc 600mw.. Then the gh4 and z15 Would love to get some mega accurate weights from you! Youd be my hero..

Benjamin Kenobi

I was at the shop (Build Your Own Drone) last night (at 7pm on my wedding anniversary!) and we got various stuff out and weighed it. Everything is heavier than the stated weight. I know, I'm just going to be blunt about it.

The Zenmuse GH3 is actually 1400g with the GCU. A WKM with cables and parts is 214.9g[FONT=arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

We added everything up and basically with a GH4 (predicted weight with battery 690) and everything on there we had about 1378g left for the lipo. This is a rough figure as there was no receiver or OSD.

I'm actually tempted by the BMPCC now as it is quite a bit lighter along with it's Zen.

tikigod19

Byod probably knew id be asking you about the weight as I've bugged them on email about accurate weights since it was announced.. What lipo will you be using?

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I am thinking of S900 with BMPCC + Zen. Just waiting for BYOD to have that option. The BMPCC gives very good pictures and the steadiness of the Zen should mean that not having higher shooting speed like the GH4 will not be an issue.

Benjamin Kenobi

I'm not at that stage yet. Gonna spend a week putting it together and weighing up the possibilities/options.

BYOD asked if they could open mine as they didn't have one themselves, of course I said yes and it was nice to talk to someone who knew their stuff. We spent an hour with a nice set of scales and a note pad.

Benjamin Kenobi

I am thinking of S900 with BMPCC + Zen. Just waiting for BYOD to have that option. The BMPCC gives very good pictures and the steadiness of the Zen should mean that not having higher shooting speed like the GH4 will not be an issue.

If you want that option just call them. Websites are not always accurate.

What do you mean by higher shooting speed? GH4 records at 25fps just like everything else. For work you're not going to be recording at 50fps anyway unless you are doing some kind of action.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
Thanks for the info Ben. By the way I have had my BMPCC since launch now at the new price it is a steal. Will talk to Martin as I buy all my DJI kit from him where possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Yes, it is cheap! I'm just weighing my options as will broadcasters like it? Some just like to post the footage without doing anything to it, which I hate! Some are very good at grading it and making it look splendid.