XAircraft SuperX

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Transmitter should be on, throttle down.

NO. Bird not flying. Can't download the files. No answer from Drew or XA yet (weekend). Really irritated I can't fly now. The weather is perfect. Great lighting and NO wind.

This is because you can't get the main superx file? To reinstall?

Av8Chuck

Regarding the beeps from your ESC's, there are some variables here, different firmware can cause the ESC's to beep differently, how you program the ESC's can cause the same thing. Usually you'll get a beep for each cell, so four beeps for a 4S etc.. But if the ESC's are flashed with SimonK or if you chose a different battery type other than LiPo when you programed the ESC then you might not get the cell confirmation beeps.

On the SuperX there are no files to download unless your trying to upgrade firmware. Are you saying that the SuperX drive doesn't appear on your computer when connected to your SuperX? Do you get the sound your computer makes when you attach any external device? If your getting the audible signal that a device is attached and you can double click the SX drive and its empty then there's obviously something wrong. If you don't get the audible signal that your connected then its a computer or cabling issue. Are you using the extension cable provided by XAircraft? You might want to try a different cable.

When you power up your SX what does the LED flash? Do you have a green light on your Rx?

Sorry if all of this has been answered before, I didn't go through this thread I just noticed you were asking for help.

mediaguru

That sucks, blowing 15 to 20 knots here. Picked up the Gopro 4 this morning, bummer.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the GoPro4. I had a 3+ Black and had to return it for a 3 Black due to the focus issues. The 3 was way better for aerial than the 3+. Wondering how the 4 is. Did you go with the $499 version?

noid1037

Are you able to arm the motors? (props off at first!)

It does not appear I could arm the motors, the transmitter (Spektrum DX9) is on and binding with the receiver (Spektrum AR9020 with SATS). The LiPO is a 4S. Throttle is down at start up.
As I mentioned, I went thru the throttle/stick calibration step by step and all the checkmarks were down. Is arming the motors when the sticks are pushed toward the center of the transmitter? Is there something else I should look to do? I can tell I am so close but just not there :)

mediaguru

It does not appear I could arm the motors, the transmitter (Spektrum DX9) is on and binding with the receiver (Spektrum AR9020 with SATS). The LiPO is a 4S. Throttle is down at start up.
As I mentioned, I went thru the throttle/stick calibration step by step and all the checkmarks were down. Is arming the motors when the sticks are pushed toward the center of the transmitter? Is there something else I should look to do? I can tell I am so close but just not there :)

You have a fast flashing green light so you are in manual mode. What happens when you go to GPS mode?

mediaguru

Can someone email me SuperX.exe? Or is that file specific to each FC? As in I have the hex version, not the most expensive version.

noid1037

The LED is flashing is quick flashing green...I can cycle thru the three flight modes. Does it matter what mode the quad is in to arm the motors?

mediaguru

The LED is flashing is quick flashing green...I can cycle thru the three flight modes. Does it matter what mode the quad is in to arm the motors?

Shouldn't. But, I like to start up in GPS mode and go to 50% throttle and let the FC do the auto-takeoft.

My guess is you should diligently go through every calibration step and make sure they're done exactly as the manual says. I had to reverse my throttle too on my TX (taranis)

fltundra

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the GoPro4. I had a 3+ Black and had to return it for a 3 Black due to the focus issues. The 3 was way better for aerial than the 3+. Wondering how the 4 is. Did you go with the $499 version?
Have the 3+, was lucky it didn't have the focus issue. Yes the 499 version, 4 silver is almost identical to the 3+ with the addition of the lcd touch screen.

noid1037

I sent the TX and RX and the SuperX to Drew at XA for him to get the settings correct.... I havent changed any of them... I will do another whole calibration again later today....

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I sent the TX and RX and the SuperX to Drew at XA for him to get the settings correct.... I havent changed any of them... I will do another whole calibration again later today....

Make sure you have the trims on your transmitter all at zero before you do the calibrations.

noid1037

I went thru the ESC calibration again.... Connected the ESC directly to the throttle port on the Spektrum AR 9020, I get the one beep when the throttle is maxed when the throttle is dropped I get two beeps and a single beep.... When push up on the throttle the motor will spin up. All four did the same. When I connect the ESC to each port on the XA and none of the motors spin up.... Any more thoughts?

kloner

Aerial DP
Spektrum radios need there endpoints opened up to calibrate right, then when done put endpoints back to 100 or whatever stock is. i forget the exact number but is most likely the issue....

noid1037

Right now each end point is at 100. Can you give some clarity of your comment on opening up the endpoints during calibration.... Is this during the stick calibration or ESC calibration.... Thanks.

kloner

Aerial DP
only the esc calibration and endpoints only extended when your plugging them esc's into the rx.... i wanna say it's suppose to be 125 on top and bottom but one of these spektrum guys would have to get you details. might be some youtubes with it, try "spektrum esc calibration" or something like that...

noid1037

I put the endpoints to the recommended 125 for both throttle settings... Ran thru each esc connected to the Spektrum AR 9020 and they all took the settings put the endpoints back at 100 and tried to spin them up.... I'm just wondering how many people get the same number of tones at start up when the battery is connected. I'm not getting the 4 beeps of the battery detected and the beep after that series.... I only get the intro tones.
But from all accounts the motors are not getting armed.. Does this happen from the XA or the ESC when correctly calibrated. Like I said when I calibrated the ESC from the receiver and then I can spin up the motor I just calibrated.... Just can't have all four motors going from the XA. Thanks for the support and recommendations.