Futaba to Naza connection question

Paul881

I am a newbie to MR and am lurking in this forum to get some intel into what I need to look out for. Ultimately I aspire for APV and FPV and so far on my wish list I have :

Flamewheel F550
NAZA + GPS
Futaba 8fj+R6208SB Receiver

Looking into the connection between the Rx and the ESC, how is this made and is it a wiring harness/plug and socket that I have to buy separately? I am intending on using the S-bus system of the Futaba. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

Yup, plugs into the X2 port

2BA56E2E-B170-422E-83BF-4E548EDEDD80-1945-000000DC4280FE64.jpg

DesJardins....
But what about the power cable to the R6208SB Receiver? Should it come from the VU? Can I buy a power splitter cable to split the power between the GPS and the Receiver? A direct connection between the 4S battery and the Receiver will burn up the receiver....!!!!

kloner

Aerial DP
that black and red wire shown comes from the naza and is outputting 5v to the receiver.... you just use one wire, like he showed

Kloner......
is it safe to assume that receiver is being powered by the s.bus and not the conventional Receiver power input receptacle?
All I see is a 3 wire orange/brown/red D/S.bus serial link between the Naza and the Receiver........

Don't see a black and red wire anywhere......

ROVguy

Peter the receiver is powered through the sbus from the naza. I had the same worry myself when assembling :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
yep, totaly safe without servos hooked to the receiver. start loading it up and it would want more power inputs. As is, esc's are all self powered and is no draw on the receiver.

On the pictures of my discovery using ppm, i have a red and black wire, but there actualy power out to the OSD that indicates the "radio signal strength"....... and i fly off into never never land wide open alot

Last edited by a moderator:

RovGuy and Kloner.........Well..... there you go...... I knew some current had to move between the two...... but wasn't sure power through the back door, i.e., thru s or d.bus was what DJI-Innovations had in mind!!!! I tread cautiously!!!!

Paul881

Thanks for your answers guys. I have just been in Singapore and picked up my Futaba 8fg super so next step is to buy my frame and kit. Still considering the Naza+GPS vs APM 2.5 question!

Paul881

I still love my Naza/GPS combo.

once you get to the set-up on S.bus let me know if I can help out.
Many thanks, much appreciated. Having done quite a lot of reading up these past few hours I am not ccertain I want to spend my time messing about with software - I'd rather be flying. So it looks as though I have decided to go with th Naza+GPS.